Jehovah`s Witness/The Pagan Cross of Christ?
If you are a Christian and believe that the cross is something sacred and is a part of your sacred worship to God, then this post is not for you for it will question and shake the very foundation of your faith. It will shock you to your very core.
However if you're interested in the TRUTH then please read on:
“. . .YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.”” (John 8:32)
AND THE TRUTH IS:
The Cross is of Pagan Origin and STILL IS a pagan object associated with pagan worship. The (symbol of) sex worship and sun worship.
IT has NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. It NEVER had anything to do with the Christ!
But it most definitely has to do with a disgusting worship that was ever invented by man and no doubt by demons and their leader Satan the Devil - the worship of the male and female genital organs and the sun.
The Catholic Church as well as other churches are well aware of this fact but hid it from their members. NOT ONLY hid it but continue to associate it with the death of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.
What a disgusting lie and a slap to the face of God, the very God they claim to worship.
Even though aware of it, teachers of this belief still continue to promote it year in and year out, oblivious to the fact that the very thing they are teaching is one of the "things" that will eventually destroy them - and those who listen to them.
Ask them to defend their belief they quote the scripture such as John 20:25 - which is NOT an evidence at all. Ask them for a fact, they use researchers who believe that same thing with nothing solid to offer but their own bias opinions and assumptions.
Ask them to disprove the incontrovertible facts they won't and can't but launch on an attack.
But if there are any souls here that is brave enough to challenged the facts then I would like to hear your side.
By all means prove to me and to all readers that the following undeniable facts are not the truth.
Prove to me that:
1. The cross has nothing to do with the male and female genital organs.
2. That it has nothing to do with sex worship.
3. That it has nothing to do with sun-worship.
4. That it did not already existed way before the advent of Christianity.
5. That is was not introduced / adopted later on by the apostate "Christian Church".
Prove to me that I'm mistaken based on the following archeological and historical facts. That is:
1) “Various objects, dating from periods long anterior to the Christian era, have been found, marked with crosses of different designs, in almost every part of the old world. India, Syria, Persia and Egypt have all yielded numberless examples . . . The use of the cross as a religious symbol in pre-Christian times and among non-Christian peoples may probably be regarded as almost universal, and in very many cases it was connected with some form of nature worship.”—Encyclopædia Britannica (1946), Vol. 6, p. 753.
2) “The shape of the [two-beamed cross] had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the initial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands, including Egypt. By the middle of the 3rd cent. A.D. the churches had either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the cross of Christ.”—An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962), W. E. Vine, p. 256.
3) “It is strange, yet unquestionably a fact, that in ages long before the birth of Christ, and since then in lands untouched by the teaching of the Church, the Cross has been used as a sacred symbol. . . . The Greek Bacchus, the Tyrian Tammuz, the Chaldean Bel, and the Norse Odin, were all symbolised to their votaries by a cruciform device.”—The Cross in Ritual, Architecture, and Art (London, 1900), G. S. Tyack, p. 1.
4) “The cross in the form of the ‘Crux Ansata’ . . . was carried in the hands of the Egyptian priests and Pontiff kings as the symbol of their authority as priests of the Sun god and was called ‘the Sign of Life.’”—The Worship of the Dead (London, 1904), Colonel J. Garnier, p. 226.
5) “Various figures of crosses are found everywhere on Egyptian monuments and tombs, and are considered by many authorities as symbolical either of the phallus [a representation of the male sex organ] or of coition. . . . In Egyptian tombs the crux ansata [cross with a circle or handle on top] is found side by side with the phallus.”—A Short History of Sex-Worship (London, 1940), H. Cutner, pp. 16, 17; see also The Non-Christian Cross, p. 183.
5) “These crosses were used as symbols of the Babylonian sun-god, [See book], and are first seen on a coin of Julius Cæsar, 100-44 B.C., and then on a coin struck by Cæsar’s heir (Augustus), 20 B.C. On the coins of Constantine the most frequent symbol is [See book]; but the same symbol is used without the surrounding circle, and with the four equal arms vertical and horizontal; and this was the symbol specially venerated as the ‘Solar Wheel’. It should be stated that Constantine was a sun-god worshipper, and would not enter the ‘Church’ till some quarter of a century after the legend of his having seen such a cross in the heavens.”—The Companion Bible, Appendix No. 162; see also The Non-Christian Cross, pp. 133-141.
6) “The crux ansata (cross with a handle) was used all over the world from India, Assyria, Babylon, Egypt, to Sweden and Denmark (old Runic) and in the Western Continent. . . . It is the ankh of the Egyptians, the symbol of life, because it represents the feminine yoni in union with the masculine tau cross.” -- from the book Sex and Sex Worship by O. A. Wall states on page 359
7) “The sign of the cross, represented in its simplest form by a crossing of two lines at right angles, greatly antedates, in both the East and the West, the introduction of Christianity. It goes back to a very remote period of human civilization.” -- The Catholic Encyclopedia Vol 4, page 517, edition of 1908
8) “From the most remote antiquity the cross was venerated in Egypt and Syria; it was held in equal honour by the Buddhists of the East; and, what is still more extraordinary, when the Spaniards first visited America, the well-known sign was found among the objects of worship in the idol temples of Anahuac. It is also remarkable that, about the commencement of our era, the pagans were wont to make the sign of a cross upon the forehead in the celebration of some of their sacred mysteries.” -- from the book The Ancient Church by clergyman W. D. Killen page 316
9) “By the middle of the 3rd century A.D. the churches had either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the cross of Christ.” -- An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words by W. E. Vine page 256 of Vol 1
10) “The sign of the cross is found as a holy symbol among several ancient nations, who may accordingly be named . . . devotees of the cross. . . . The symbol of the cross appears to have been most various in its significations. Sometimes it is the Phallus [used in sex worship], sometimes the planet Venus.” -- Cyclopædia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature
The above are just few of hundreds of evidence in existence that prove the lie that is the cross.
Next post - I'll show where the "Christian" word "cross" came from.
pic reference work:
Various forms of the cross
VENUS symbol - female sex