Jehovah`s Witness/Question

Question
QUESTION: Why do Jehovah Witnesses CONSTANTLY point out others religions short comings and label them as "false", when they themselves have made errors about the Bible says as well?? Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello and thanks for writing

You asked a good question,

In the Bible there are basic Bible truths and there are also prophecies.  The Basic Bible truths help us to see that God is not a trinity, that the soul dies, that God isn't cruel by burning people in hellfire.  And it also helps us to see that as Jesus said we should tell others about God's kingdom and worship God with spirit and truth (Matt 28:19,20; John 4:23,24)

As the first century Christians preached to people, not just so they could say you're wrong and we are right, but because having the correct understanding meant the difference between life and death.  

As John 17:3 says:  "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ"

Romans 10:2 "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge"

These scriptures helps us to see that there are ones who do not have accurate knowledge, and having accurate knowledge means everlasting life.  

As we love our neighbors so it's vital that they hear what the Bible really teaches in order for them to make a choice before the end comes.  As Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

It's about saving lives, people need to be aware that all religions do not lead to God, and there are things that are being taught that is not true according to the Bible, and since truth is very important to God, our worship has to be in truth as well in order to survive the end. (John 17:17)

So we warn people so they can have a chance to live, and not die.  

As we can see from this scripture, the first century Christians did likewise:

Acts 18:27,28 "Further, because he was desiring to go across into A·cha′ia, the brothers wrote the disciples, exhorting them to receive him kindly. So when he got there, he greatly helped those who had believed on account of [God’s] undeserved kindness; 28 for with intensity he thoroughly proved the Jews to be wrong publicly, while he demonstrated by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ"

For example, let's say someone you loved had a disease that could cause them to die if not treated correctly, they went to a doctor that you knew had given many people medicine that was incorrect and caused people to die, instead of making them better.  Not only that, but you had proof of it and so did a few others.  And you see people going there in droves, as this doctor is very much looked up to, and also the ones you love started to go.  Would you just sit back and do or say nothing?  Or would you speak up and say, please, I have proof that this doctor is giving patients the wrong medicine, please look at the facts and please listen so you will not die.  

That you speak up and try to warn people would be loving on your part, some would listen but some would say, why do you constantly talk about this doctor and say his medicine is wrong?  He's a good doctor and has been around for a long time, who do you think you are saying this about him, leave him alone and let him do his job and let people alone.

But knowing the seriousness of what is going on, you do not stop talking and telling people.  Some want to know the truth and some don't care.  But your love and concern causes you to continue because you know what the outcome will be.

It's the same with why we try to help people see that there is wrong information being taught to people that the Bible does not teach, we want people to live, so we try to help them see with proof from the Bible, so they can have a chance to live.  Some will listen, and take heed, but some will not care, some will not listen, some will be angry.  But we still try to warn them.  And they can't say they were not told.  It's all in love, not in hate that we expose any incorrect teachings that are not according to the Bible.

Now, about the errors you mentioned, yes, there has been mistakes regarding prophecies of the Bible, there has been times when we have not had the correct understanding, and through continued Bible study, we make adjustments in order to be in line with the Bible, we do not want to make the Bible line up with us, but we want to line up with the Bible, so if an understanding was misunderstood, then it's vital that a correction be made.

But as in the onset, I stated about the Basic Bible truths, those have never changed because it's solid undeniable proof from the Bible.  As God is not a God of disorder (1 Cor. 14:33), and people who we love are being told things that are not true in the Bible, we want them to know the truth.

As Ephesians 4:5,6 helps us to see there is only ONE faith.  Not many faiths leading up to God, but just one!

Eph 4:5,6 "one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all [persons],..."

So it's very important that we find out which "one faith" that is. Because it can't be a whole bunch.  It's only one.

Jesus himself said there were only two roads, one leading to death that's broad and many are on it, and one leading to life, that is narrow and few are finding it (Matt 7:13,14)

Rev. 12:9 helps us to see that the Devil is bent on misleading us.

The Bible helps us see that there are false teachers. Jehovah through the apostles Paul and Peter warns us about false teachers. (Read Acts 20:29,30; 2 Peter 2:1-3; Matt. 7:15; 2 Tim 2:18)

Also as servants of Jehovah if we did not warn others, we'd be blood guilty before God.

Ps 51:14,15  "Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God the God of my salvation,
That my tongue may joyfully tell about your righteousness. 15 O Jehovah, may you open these lips of mine,That my own mouth may tell forth your praise."

Ezekiel 3:17-19 "Son of man, a watchman is what I have made you to the house of Israel, and you must hear from my mouth speech and you must warn them from me. 18 When I say to someone wicked, ‘You will positively die,’ and you do not actually warn him and speak in order to warn the wicked one from his wicked way to preserve him alive, he being wicked, in his error he will die, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand. 19 But as for you, in case you have warned someone wicked and he does not actually turn back from his wickedness and from his wicked way, he himself for his error will die; but as for you, you will have delivered your own soul"

I hope this helps you understand a bit better why we want people to know the truth from the Bible so they can live.

Have a good day

Sister T

jw.org

QUESTION: Thank you for your  response, but with everything you said, I did not see an answer to my question. I did read your "analogy" about the doctor and I would probably offer what I thought I knew to be true about this doctor and let the person make their own choice. I would not limit my association with him or her for not agreeing with my point of view on this doctor. Also,I  would have to ask  myself why would so many people continue with this doctor if he truly was not helping healing them. That simply would make no sense. If something makes no sense, than it cannot be true. So, I would have to.comclude that what I thought I knew about the doctor was never true at all. Get it?

Answer
Hello thanks for following up

I'll try again, why do we say other religions are wrong or false?  If they do not teach what is laid out in the Bible then it's not truth. We aren't saying they are wrong, the Bible says they are if what they teach is not what the Bible teaches.  Learning the truth saves lives. We are commanded by Jesus to preach truths from the Bible.

like you said if it doesn't make sense it cannot be true...there are many teachings that are taught that make no sense and do not harmonize with the Bible, but yet billions of people accept it as truth, or believe it.  Like the Trinity, it makes no sense, and is why it's called a mystery, yet billions believe that Jesus is Almighty God, but he himself said he was God's son and his father was greater than he was. (Ps. 83:18; John 14:28)  Or like hellfire, when the Bible helps us to see that God is love,(1 John 4:8) but people are being taught he's cruel and tortures people forever and ever...it doesn't make sense.  Like people are taught that they have a soul that never dies, yet the Bible says we are souls and souls die, (Gen. 2:7, Ez 18:4)  

Jesus followers follow his footsteps in preaching, telling others Bible truths, if you know that someone is teaching falsehoods, it would be unloving and wrong to not tell them this, and that's why we tell people the truth, and in telling the truth, the lies are exposed because it's only one truth, and that's found in the Bible.  And then they can make up their own mind.  

If it's not the truth, then it's a lie, for example, if a person decides to worship God the way they want to instead of how God laid out in the Bible, would that be ok with God?  No, it's not, the Bible was written for our instruction and guidance. (Romans 15:4; 2 Tim 3:16,17)

With the doctor illustration, my point was because of the doctor being around so long and in good standing with so many, no one believed that his medicine was causing the deaths, only that the person died because of the disease.  Knowing what you knew, and remember you and a few others had proof that what you were saying was true, so there is no what you thought you knew never was true at all, because the proof is solid, but in trying to tell others it was met with disbelief.  That is why so many continued with the doctor.  Because very few believed what you were trying to tell them.  

It's always the person making their own choice, but at least they have a chance to know both sides.  

Plus Satan doesn't want people to know the truth about God, he is blinding the minds of the unbelievers (2 Cor 4:4)  

let me know if you understand, sorry if I'm not explaining to your satisfaction.

Jesus summed it up with Matt 7:13,14 that I quoted earlier, there is only two roads, everyone is on either the broad road, or the narrow road.  There is no inbetween.

Sister T

jw.org

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T