Jehovah`s Witness/Thanks

Thankyou for your reply and I very much welcome the scriptures you gave me.
First of all my l say!
I have not read any of the other answers on this site!
So there is not three people specking between you and me just you and me! And scriptures.
At the moment that is!!!!!
Now you have me wondering!!!
But don't really have time for what other are talking about.
Have a busy life myself.
I do understand what you mean since the disciples have gone its not the same!
But Jesus did however leave the holy spirit! So we need to be careful  here.
Thankyou for your reply. You have gave me something to chew on
Sorry my replies are not  always quick! But I do shifts.
By the way Brenton, like the way you think in ref too your replyto my question.
Take care

Greetings again Irene,

Sorry for the delay, as that famous line in a song says "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans"

Yes it is not easy to get the time to read what other people have to say. There is a lot of interesting questions and answers on this forum.  Unfortunately there is also some arguing between a few JWs and a non JWs "experts" on thus forum that spoil the whole tone of this site.  Some times it seems people get personal and it is a shame that has happened.

I am always happy to to talk about the Bible and discuss Gods word using many versions.  There are some differences in the various Bibles, so, when there are differences, I always find it helpful to consult the Hebrew and Greek Texts that modern English Bibles are rendered form.  I am not trained in those languages but I do have a variety of tools at my disposal that discuss each and every word and their meanings and uses as well as grammar.

I have at times made replies without fully understanding the question, so I try to remember (not always successfully) to re read questions before I post to see if I have addressed the issues.

Until next time may peace be with you and your family

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.