Jehovah`s Witness/truth be told

Question
Hello Mr. Holland.  I have just read your post and the post of Mr. Eddie G.  I thought this was going to be a debate forum.  One person would make his point and add scripture reference and likewise the other expert would do the same.  I as a reader would like to hear the truth and not just personal pot shots.  I know you know this because you are an expert. So please get on with it and show us your Bible expertise.  Mr. Eddie G. was kind enough to do this and even left a list for readers to follow.  If you  could answer one question at a time with it would be a tremendous  help for me to decide If indeed their is one God in three or one Almighty God. That is the main reason I came on to this site.  Thank you ahead of time and all the best.

Answer
Hello, Jose, and thank you for writing, and for your desire to know our Creator in a more intimate way.

To be honest with you, I am not sure what you are referring to, when you state...

"I thought this was going to be a debate forum.  One person would make his point and add scripture reference and likewise the other expert would do the same"

You stated this in regards, specifically, to the doctrine of the Trinity.  I am not sure where you got the idea that Eddie G and I were preparing a point-by-point debate on the Trinity, as he and I had not previously discussed this.

Now, I will say to you, that I DID mention it to him in my reply to his comments about the cross, which you will see posted tomorrow.  His comments that Christians worship crosses, was the primary subject I was addressing, and the subject that prompted his questions to me in the public forum.

I have spent well over 5 hours addressing his comments on the cross, and as I said, you will see that reply posted Friday morning.  In that reply, I did ask Eddie if he was implying that he wanted to debate the Trinity, and that if he did want to, I would be open to it.  Whether that takes place or not, I cannot say at this time.  If you have a question on that topic personally, you can feel free to send it to me, and I will be happy to answer it.  

There may be a debate on the Trinity between Eddie and myself, and there may not be.  If there is, it will occur after this discussion on the cross.  As I stated in my reply, I will be off the board for the Labor Day week-end, as I will be in a remote location with no computer access at all.  I will not even be able to SEE the board, or receive questions, until Tuesday.  At that time, you may ask me whatever you like about the Trinity.  I would PREFER, however, if you would wait until I post my writing on the method of Christ's execution, hopefully, by the end of next week.  I will have a great deal of time and research, that will be necessary for that topic.

Sorry for any misunderstanding about a pending debate.  Its possible there will be one, but nothing definite.

Yes, you are correct that this forum would be a much better place without the "pot shots", but unfortunately, when people are bent on making those "pot shots" and slandering you, it is sometimes necessary to respond, and to respond forcefully.  Believe me, I have let a lot of it go by.  In a forum where everybody is SUPPOSED to follow Christian principles, this should not ever be an issue.

You said...."help for me to decide If indeed their is one God in three or one Almighty God."

SHORT ANSWER:  There is only ONE Almighty God, and only one TRUE God, for that matter.  This one God has revealed Himself in Scripture, in 3 distinct Persons, sharing the same essence and nature.  

If you have questions on that topic, you may feel free to contact me when I complete my writing on the cross of Christ.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day, Jose.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland