Jehovah`s Witness/1 Corinthians 10; 13

Greetings Robert from the Philippines,
 I've got the 3rd talk coming up on the 27th of September in regards to 1 Corinthians 10: 13 and really don't know how to give a 3rd talk. I think I understand the scripture, its pretty obvious. But the opening and closing I don't know. I was baptise less than a year ago and we are down to 1 MS, no Elders and now, we have only 9 active publishers. We're not a congregation but we are considered a group connected to a Tagalog congregation on the outskirts of Cebu.
Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

P.S. I liked your response to the person that wanted to know if you went door to door.

How about starting your talk with an illustration. Then give the body of the talk. Then conclude the talk with a resolution to the illustration. Something like this...

John is a street sweeper and sweeps several streets in his town during the early morning hours while it is still dark. He is poor and barely earns enough to feed his family. After his sweeping job, he is very hungry on his walk home. He passes the shops just opening up at daybreak. The air is filled with the smell of freshly baked bread being put out by the bakers. He has no bread at home and his children will be awake soon. No one is looking. What will he do?

God-loving people are faced with all sorts of temptations today. We face temptations in business to be dishonest to get ahead. Students are tempted at school to use a cheat-sheet to get a better grade on a test. And, of course, there are temptations of the flesh for improper sexual conduct and temptations to smoke or to over drink.

The Bible assures us at 1 Corinthians 10:13
13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

[You will have to add some more points in the body here] Then conclude with...

It is true, that John the street sweeper goes home hungry many mornings. But he is an honest man and does not steal. The shop keepers see John pass by with his broom over his shoulders. One morning as John passes, the baker is putting out fresh bread. John bids him a cheery good morning and adds, "The aroma of your bread is marvelous in the morning air!" To which the baker offers John a loaf. John replies, "Oh but I have no money to buy bread." The baker says, "You take a loaf today. And each night when you pass, could you sweep in front of my shop? Then when you pass by in morning, take a loaf or two for family. Deal?" So we see that in the case of John, he endured temptation, until his honesty was rewarded and a way out was provided.

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.