Jehovah`s Witness/Belief/Understanding

Question
Thank you for your thoughts regarding Biblical belief and Biblical understanding.

So what are the consequences for a Jehovah's Witness to speak against a currently held Biblical belief?  What about speaking out against a currently held Biblical understanding?

Is the identification of who the faithful and discreet slave are a biblical belief or biblical understanding?

If it is a biblical understanding, why follow these people without question?

To me, this is a major issue.

Thanks,
Adam

Answer
Hi Adam

thank you for your question.

I have just finished putting together  a  2 page reply followed by 7 pages of Watchtower quotes to your question and, then, I re read your question and I found I did not give an answer to what you asked.  My reply went into a  lot of detail as to the differences between Belief and Understanding.  I have saved in case you want a more detailed response.

OK to  be precise and give a concise answer your your questions.  The beliefs are Bible truths.  It is these basic truths that the foundation of worship is built on.  If we do not believe those basic Bible truths we are not worshiping God in a way he wants hence we are not JWs and would no longer be considered as a JW

If we do not understand or accept an "understanding" that is fine as long as we do not try to teach our own or a different "understanding".  If we try to convince others that our way is more correct, it would be seen as causing a division.  To try to cause a division goes against  and that goes against the  belief of speaking in unity and we would be excommunicated just as what happened in the 1st century (2 Timothy 2:16-19 )

Many people are under the impression that a JW must accept all explanations without question. That is not the case. In the long reply I had supplied quotations to show that it is OK for a JW to not  understand an explanation given and how to view explanations er do not understand.

The "identification of who the faithful and discreet slave" is an  understanding.

The next part causes some confusion you asked "why follow these people without question"  I picked up on the word "follow".  We do not follow men (the organisation, faithful salve), we follow the Christ.  The "the faithful and discreet slave" are not our leaders.  Jesus said that the "faithful slave" had been given a heavy responsibility to "feed his flock".  These ones are accountable to our leader, Jesus, for their actions. Why do we "accept " what they say? for the reasons  Paul  writes about

1 Corinthians 1:10 “.Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement , and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought .”  NWT)

2 Corinthians 13:11 “Finally, brothers, continue to rejoice, to be readjusted, to be comforted, to think in agreement , to live peaceably; and the God of love and of peace will be with YOU.

Philippians 2:2 “make my joy full in that YOU are of the same mind and have the same love, being joined together in soul, holding the one thought in mind ”  NWT

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn