Jehovah`s Witness/Bible

I hate to keep bothering you Sister, but I want to make sure I understand your answer. The Jehovah Witnesses do not have their own Bible, they just "translated" a version so as to correct all the other versions that omitted the name Jehovah. Is that what you said? If so, why would others purposely omit the name? What would they have to gain by doing that? You also mentioned that is has been proven that the NWT is the most accurate Bible? Proven by whom? What other religions use this Bible? Thank you.

Hello Abigail,

When you wrote to me in private I said this:

"There are many, many Bible translations in the world today.  The NWT is just one of many.  However, out of many translations that have been written it has been proven that the NWT translation is one of the most accurate.  Because it adheres to the older manuscripts the best, and it's in English that is easy to understand, and yes, it did not remove God's name when translating.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not exclusively use the NWT Bible only.  We look at other Bibles as well."

Why did any Bible translators translate the Bible?  For a clearer and more accurate understanding of what the older manuscripts were saying.  

In the process of translating some translators decided to remove God's name and some decided to keep it where it was.  JW's and some other translators have included God's name in their translation.

Why would others purposely omit the name you ask?  Well that's a question you would have to ask the ones who omitted it.  

If you read Bro Brenton reply to you before I believe he explained about the accuracy.  I said the NWT is one of the most accurate.  I don't know if other religions use it, probably not.  It doesn't matter as there is only one true religion anyway.  Most religions today do not even feel that Jehovah is Almighty God alone. A lot feel Jesus is Almighty God. And they want to continue in their own view rather then go by what the Bible says.  So why would they use a Bible that keeps God's name in it?  Again ask them that question, I can't answer for why other religions do what they do, except that Satan is blinding the minds of the unbelievers (2 Cor 4:4)

Take Care,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)