Jehovah`s Witness/Question

QUESTION: The Blood Transfusions started in 1818 according to internet. How can you and your people say it was in Old Testament times?

ANSWER: Hi thanks for writing.

We don't say blood transfusions started in Old testament times.

We say abstain from blood, means abstain from blood. Just like abstain from fornication means abstain from fornication

Acts 15:

20 but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood

So basically we say abstain means abstain. It's perfectly logical

Take Care

Bro DW

QUESTION: But why do you abstain from life?
When Jesus died He shed blood and today He is up in heaven as our High Priest and He takes that same blood and He blots out our sins with His Blood. Hebrews 4; Hebrews 8, 9, 10  These show that Jesus is forever applying The Blood For Our Sins To Be Covered. Jesus Blood Is Still Preserved Today!!!    
I Samuel 14: 31-35 we have a story there of God's People eating blood which was IN animals meat. This displeased The Great God and Israel's  King ordered a sacrifice to be done to blot out the wrong which was done.  
Blood was IN the meat and it was eaten by the mouth.

ANSWER: Hi again Timothy.

Now I believe it was you who wrote to my Brother DDD and he said he would only answer genuine questions.

I feel the same way. I no longer answer questions that are not genuine.

However I don't want to jump the Gun here. I'm just letting you know that I have my suspicions about your motive for writing me. So I will give you my answer as to why we believe as we do and you can then take it or leave it. I won't enter into an argument I don't have the time or the will.

You're really missing the whole point of why blood has always been sacred to God. Jehovah didn't just sit in heaven and say to himself "what random rule can I make up now??"

No, blood was sacred because it's what he used to buy our lives.

1 Cor 6:

20 "for YOU were bought with a price"

Gal 1:

7 " By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one"

Our lives have already been bought with blood ,the blood of Christ. This means that for those who truly show their appreciation for that there is no death"

1 cor 15:

22" For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive"

Jesus blood is what gives us life. Being bought with that blood can even release you from the grave!!!

So I'm sorry but if it comes to me lying in a hospital and they say to me "if you don't have a blood transfusion you will die" I will say "then you better call the coroner".

My Lord bought my life and it was agony for him to do so. I owe my life to him. I'm not gonna spit on that by rejecting that and owing my life to some random geezer called "johnny blooddonorextraordinaire"(junior)

I'm kinda guessing on what point you're trying to make regarding Samuel so I'll make some points and hope I cover it.

It's the respect for blood Jehovah expects us to show. The blood isn't important in itself.If you eat a drop or two left in the meat that's not what he's worried about. It's the respect and understanding of his thought's on the subject.

So he expected the Israelite's to bleed the meat.

(Leviticus 17:

13 "As for any man of the sons of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust.

They would say right " we need to show Jehovah we understand that the blood belongs to him so we will bleed the meat just as he has commanded us" and that's what they did.

Now I'm also guessing you think it's only to abstain by mouth not through transfusion.

Well you know my first point should cover that I believe.

However let me ask you this question also. You can't just pick on choose what you want to believe and what you don't.

So if you're going to use the argument that the first century governing body didn't have transfusions in mind when he recorded Acts because they didn't exist then. Then by the same argument you have to say that when we see this scripture here

Eph 4:

29" Let a rotten saying not proceed out of YOUR mouth"

It means we are allowed to use the swear words that hadn't been invented in Paul's day. Because they hadn't been invented yet so Paul didn't have those swear words in mind so we can use them.

Or how about this

:3 " Let fornication and uncleanness of every sort.......... not even be mentioned among YOU"

This can't include internet porn because it hadn't been invented yet. Plus. Paul used the word mention and that involves hearing not watching. So Paul can't have had that in mind.

Would you use those arguments?? If not then I don't see how you can use the one you're trying to on blood.

So that's our position and that's what we're sticking too. Just remember on Judgement day you have to be willing to face Jesus and say "you're blood wasn't good enough so I got a loan from some bloke I know named "Bobby Hepatitis C" he lives down the street

Take Care

QUESTION: I am afraid that you are mistaken. Who is DDD? I do not know him nor have I written to him. I do not recall writing to him!
Jesus is our Heavenly High Priest as in Hebrews 5:1-10; Hebrews 4:14-16; Psalms110: 1-4; Hebrews 7: 25 He makes Intercession for all people. Hebrews 7: 1-2
Why do you not want to learn anything that your Watchtower does not teach? Well, this is your Bible NWT and in KJV and all other Bibles. Your "Prophet" did not teach you all the truth!!!!   Your Prophet is still in progress as God does not tell you everything!!!

OK well if that is indeed the truth my hunch was wrong.

However I made our position clear on blood transfusions and I gave scriptural backup.

That's why we take the stand on the issue that we do. You have two choices here they are.

1)Take it

2) Leave it

Take care

P.S) Any other letter you send me I will reject. I discern your questioning is not genuine

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.