Jehovah`s Witness/Why Take a Cheap Shot at Rita, Eddie?

I was somewhat perplexed why Eddie G felt the need to throw a cheap shot at Rita, regarding this discussion on the cross vs. stake, since Rita has not weighed in on this topic.  So, I wrote him about it....

Eddie G

Eddie, stop taking cheap shots at Rita

Eddie, please stop your whining about what is "unfair".  It isn't very befitting for a grown man.  I've never once told you to limit the length of your posts.  I realize mine were very long, because you and Sister T made so many mistakes, it was required.  Also, because the evidence of your errors is so overwhelming.  I do not care how long your reply is, so do what you have to do.

Furthermore, I BELIEVE the complaints about the lengths of your posts (and other JWs), is because they are long, but don't ever actually ANSWER the question.  My long posts answered directly, comments from you and Sister T.  They also provided evidence related to the subject under discussion.  They were not pointless "copy and pastes" that didn't actually answer the question raised.

Finally, Rita has not written me since we stared discussing this topic, and you have NO right taking a cheap shot at her.  I kind of hope she does weigh in on this topic, is she wished to.  But so far, she hasn't.  She has said nothing to you that was out of the way.  You inserted yourself in our conversation without being asked, and you implied she was lying about her family situation. So, you were put in your place.  I'm sorry it happened, but that wasn't our doing.

Nor do I feel comfortable with your comment about "my followers".  I don't have "followers".  There are many people who think my answers are more intelligent, balanced, Scriptural, and accurate, than yours.  But I always tell people to FOLLOW Jesus, and the Word of God.  

But again, it isn't much of a man that takes a cheap shot at a woman who has said nothing to you about this subject.  You need to stay focused on the subject at hand.

Make your response however long you want to...You will still not refute the evidence I have shown, that yes, the cross WAS used in Jesus' time, and that all the evidence points to the fact of Him dying on one.  Nor will you be able to explain why you and Sister T would partially misquote sources, and also used sources that have been debunked.  

Your "selective quoting" needed to be called out.  If you have studied the way you CLAIM to have studied, there is no way you didn't know about the facts I presented.  

2 options...Either all your study comes from WT literature, and the quotes they utilize from outside sources.

You intentionally didn't mention the evidence that is against your position.  

Now, do not whine about what is "unfair".  Remember...YOU are  the one who invited this debate, and challenged anyone to prove you were wrong.  So, I did.

Have a great day, Eddie.  Take care.

Nope - it's not a cheap shot. I just brought it out because it's in the way. Hopefully she'll get a hint.

OK - then. Now that that's taken care of. On with the discussion.

Eddie G

First off, Eddie, it was you who requested for someone to refute the misleading information you provided.  So, I did.  And now you choose to take yet another cheap shot at Rita, who hasn't even written to me since we started discussing this topic of the cross.  Why would you mark a remark at someone who has not even written me since this discussion started?  Isn't in enough that you already implied she was a liar, because of a family situation that I am quite sure she knows much more about than you do?  Sorry, but you inserted yourself into that one, without being asked.  So now, you thrown jabs at her, over a topic that she hasn't even weighed in on?

I am referring to these comments of yours:

"“But before I go further, let me please ask Ms. Rita not to throw a "hissy fit" and to calm down and not start accusing me of "obfuscation" if my response is little bit longer than usual. I'm sure you're aware since your posts are quite lengthy, to respond to them in a very short way will not do justice to the truth. But for Ms. Rita's sake I'll try to make it short as I can so that she won't start nagging again saying:”

“P.s - I wish your followers will be fair and allow us JW to respond in a way we see fit without being accused of "obfuscations" and "long winded". I mean look at your posts - they are very long and very tiring to go through, yet your followers are OK with it. What's up with that?

Oh well, one hand tied to my back then is how you want this handled. Such is Satan's world - unfair!”

In what amounts to a childish tantrum, you take a pot shot at someone who has said nothing about this topic, and then you scream about what is "unfair".  What kind of person does that?

Eddie, you have a lot of information to refute, from the facts I listed.  If I were you, I'd get busy, and not worry about anyone else.  You have several false statements you need to retract, and to explain why you left out NUMEROUS facts, related to this discussion.  You should also apologize to Rita.  

As long as your replies actually DEAL with the topic and answer the question, then I don't think anyone minds the length.  I believe the point about your long answers, was when you write a lot, but don't actually answer the question.  Hence, the reference to "obfuscating".  You guys do tend to do that.

At any rate, why don't you just prepare your response, and not take cheap shots at people who don't deserve it?

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.