Jehovah`s Witness/Door to Door

Question
Hello Derrick

When you were an active JW.
Did you go Door to Door proclaiming the Kingdom as a JW?
And take people or invite people to the Kingdom Hall?
Did you use their books  or give out monthly mags from the KH in the ministry as you when door to door as a member of your church?

Look forward to your reply

Answer
Hello Unknown, from the UK.  How are you?  Thank you for writing to Allexperts.

Because I was unable to get to your question yesterday (I apologize for that), it did give me the chance to notice that you have also submitted this same question to other non-Witness experts here, as well.  Now, I do not know what is behind the question, exactly, but I cannot say that you didn't write in a polite manner, either.  You did.  I was a little puzzled reading one response you got from another expert....

So your question.....
"DO YOU GO PREACHING HOUSE TO HOUSE LIKE JESUS COMMANDED, OR NOT???"
is erroneous."

I didn't actually see where you asked the question the expert thought you did, although I can understand that the expert probably has heard it asked that way numerous times, and possibly assumed that was your intent, also.  I do not know if it is, or isn't, but let me address your question.

You asked...."When you were an active JW.

Look forward to your reply?

Well, as my profile states, I was never an "active JW".  Let me quote from the very first paragraph of my public profile...

"To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness."

Contrary to false published reports by a dishonest JW on here, I was NOT a baptized JW at any point in my life.  As a result, I was never disassociated, nor disfellowshipped.  I was RAISED in my childhood going to the KH, by my mother who is one of the most dedicated and devout Jehovah's Witnesses on the planet.  When I was 15 years old, I became a born again believer in Jesus Christ, and have trusted in Him as my Lord and Savior ever since that time, almost 29 years ago.

But I believe you want to know about my door-to-door activity, so let me answer that.  Yes, I DID spend much time being taken "out in service" as a child.  I still remember the car groups, walking through neighborhoods and trailer parks, etc.  I still have a picture of me when I was about 6, dressed up in a shirt and tie, with my little book bag.  The last time I can recall being "in service", would have been sometime around when I was about 11-12.  In fact, there is a man who is still in the JW religion today, that we visited on that last time that I recall ever going out.  I cannot say that there weren't any subsequent times after that, but that is the last one I remember.

Yes, I was used to place magazines (most people won't say "no" to a kid), but I never really did any talking.  I was too young.  

As I said, I became a Christian at the age of 15, and have only attended a couple of JW meetings since that time.  

So, I cannot say that I actually went door-to-door "proclaiming" anything...I didn't do the talking, except to offer a magazine or publication.

Now, as a member of my church, we do not give out magazines or literature from any "Headquarters", as we do not HAVE a Headquarters.  We DO give out Bible tracts, containing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and yes, we invite people to come.  We normally try to give them a Gospel witness from the Bible, but about the only literature we place, would be a Bible tract or something similar.

I hope this answers your question, and I thank you for writing.  Have a wonderful evening.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland