Jehovah`s Witness/Endtimes

Question
QUESTION: 'Sister T',

I would like to understand Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs about the endtimes.  I have more than one queston, but they are all relative to endtimes.  They are in no particular order & I'll try to be  brief.

1.  Will all of the dead be resurrected?  If not, who will not?  and why not?
2.  Will the only survivors of Armageddon be Jehovah's Witnesses?
3.  During the Millenium, will all non-Jehovah's Witnesses be given a second chance to declare their loyalty to God after having been re-educated by Jehovah's Witnesses?
4.  If everyone gets a second chance, would there be any real urgency to spread the Good News of the Kingdom?
5.  Is it what a person does after resurrection that determines whether he is worthy of either eternal life or annhilation?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you in advance for sharing your beliefs so others will have a greater understanding of it.   

Jay

ANSWER: Jay,

John 5:28,29 "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."

Acts 24:15: "I have hope toward God . . . that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."

Rev. 21:8 "But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and fornicators and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This means the second death."

Matt 24:13 "But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved"

Matt 7:21 "“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."

James 2:26 "Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."

Rev. 20:12, 13: "I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. . . . They were judged individually according to their deeds."

Isa. 26:9 "With my soul I have desired you in the night; yes, with my spirit within me I keep looking for you; because, when there are judgments from you for the earth, righteousness is what the inhabitants of the productive land will certainly learn."

Matt 24:14 "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

Zeph. 2:3 "seek Jehovah, all ​YOU​ meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably ​YOU​ may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger"

Matt 24:44 "On this account ​YOU​ too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that ​YOU​ do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming."

Hab 2:3 "For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late."

2 Pet 3:11,12 "Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought ​YOU​ to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion,12awaiting and keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! 13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."

Rev 20:7-9 "Now as soon as the thousand years have been ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison, 8 and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Ma′gog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea.9 And they advanced over the breadth of the earth and encircled the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city. But fire came down out of heaven and devoured them"

QUESTION: "Sister T",

I'd like to know the Jehovah's Witness interpretation of the scriptures you sited. That would explain the basis of your belief versus what others may believe and help me decide if what I've read about the Society's beliefs are true or not.  

Or another option might be for me to re-phrase the questions.  

1.  Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that not all the dead will be resurrected?
2.  Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only members of the Jehovah's Witnesses Organization will survive Armageddon?  
3.  Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that during the Millenium, all non-Jehovah's Witnesses will be given a second chance to declare their loyalty to God after having been re-educated by Jehovah's Witnesses?
5. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that it is what a person does after resurrection that determines whether he is worthy of either eternal life or annhilation?

Jay

ANSWER: Jay,

Let me first say this, and then I will try to help you see what our beliefs are according to the Bible scriptures I cited before.

I am nobody, I'm just a lowly servant of Jehovah God here to serve you.  But what I will not do is argue and debate about what we believe.  If you do not agree then that is your choice.  

Being a Witness of the Almighty God Jehovah is a privilege and striving to follow Jesus our Master's steps closely is an ongoing way we live our lives.  We in no way are superior or think we are better than anyone else, that is why we are at your doors and also on this site, not to be superior but to help people learn the truth about Jehovah from the Bible, so they too can make a choice on which way they want to go, as Jesus said there is only two roads.  One leads to life and one leads to death.  Everyone is on either of those roads. (Matt 7:13,14)  That's not from us it's from the Bible.  God said people MUST worship him with spirit and truth. (John 4:23,24) That truth is not ours, but from God's Word the Bible.  We don't make up the Truth, the Bible helps us to see what God expects of us.  So if you decide that you want to argue or debate, I will not reply to such.  

Jehovah's Witnesses believe what the Bible says:  

We believe what John said above that ALL those in the memorial tombs or graves will be resurrected, this includes the righteous and the unrighteous.  In Rev it tells us that some who die will not come back, as they will die the second death as which there is no resurrection from.  But who will and who will not is not up to JW's it's up to Jehovah God.  So that is left in His hands, not ours.

We believe that there is only ONE true Faith (Eph 4:5) and being apart of that one faith and serving God in truth by means of his son Jesus, means everlasting life.  But again, it's up to Jehovah God as to who that will actually be as some people never got a chance to learn the truth about God and some people who are JW's may not endure to the end.  If a person is not apart of Jehovah's visible organization as he does have a people on earth today, as he did back in the time of Moses, and then again at the time of Jesus, and now in our day...One needs to learn what the Bible really teaches and go with the ones who is teaching it and living it.

As a whole those people are Jehovah's Witnesses!  If one does not want to or does not agree, they are not forced, it's their choice. Most people who are in a religion are in it because they feel it's the truth.  Well we feel that same way about ours.  If we did not believe this was the truth then we'd find a different religion that lined up with what the Bible says, but as it stands today, there is only one, and that is Jehovah's Witnesses.

During the reign of Christ, the Bible helps us to see that the ones who are resurrected will be judged according to the deeds they do once they are brought back to life on earth, because when they died, the sins they committed before they died were paid for by their dying, (Romans 6:7,23)  The Bible says there will be a resurrection of the just and unjust.  So they will need to learn about what God requires and if they refuse to accept what God requires, then they won't be there for long. That is up to God to decide.

This question is a two part question because it depends on what a person does right now whether or not that person will even survive Armageddon period.  

But if you are referring to the unjust ones who during Christ's reign will be resurrected and have to adjust their lives according to Jehovah's requirements, then yes what they do at that time and what ANY other person does during Christ's reign will determine if they will continue to live or not and also once Satan is let loose after Christ's reign.

So basically every person needs to live according to Jehovah's requirements at ALL times.

Again, let me restate, you are welcome to your beliefs, and you do not have to agree with what we as JW's believe, all we can do is plant and water or show you what the Bible says.  So I will not argue back and forth with you about them.  If you believe different, then that's fine, but since this forum is for questions to JW's and what we believe, you have the answers and are free to choose for yourself.

Take Care,

Sister T

jw.org    

QUESTION: Thank you for giving scriptures the Society uses to support its beliefs about the endtimes.

There is one scripture in particular & your comment thereof which raises a question for me:  Romans 6:7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin. ~ NWT   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your comment:  During the reign of Christ, the Bible helps us to see that the ones who are resurrected will be judged according to the deeds they do once they are brought back to life on earth, because when they died, the sins they committed before they died were paid for by their dying, (Romans 6:7,23)  The Bible says there will be a resurrection of the just and unjust.  So they will need to learn about what God requires and if they refuse to accept what God requires, then they won't be there for long. That is up to God to decide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to the NWT Scriptures & your comment, It is the act of dying that  acquits/absolves us from our sins up to the point of death.  Pre-death sins are pardoned, remitted.  We are guiltless, blameless, cleansed of all sin. Seemingly perfect after we die.  ~YOUR QUOTE "... because when they died, the sins they committed before they died were paid for by their dying, (Romans 6:7,23)".~   How does that square with 1 John 1:7 which says it is the blood of Jesus that cleanses us from all sin.  ~  "However, if we are walking in the light as he himself is in the light, we do have a sharing with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin." NWT ~  All sin.. past & present & future.

If everyone is acquitted of sin at death, why did God feel it necessary to send his one & only begotten Son to shed his blood for the sins of the world? ~ 1 John 2:2 "And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world's." NWT ~  Why did Jesus submit himself to the horrors of his death if it was not necessary?  

If there was no need for Jesus to die for our pre-death sins, then which sins did he die for?

Please tell me what I'm missing here.

Jay

Answer
Jay,

Those are the scriptures I chose to use to answer your questions you listed.  I'm not sure what scriptures the society would have used to answer your questions.  

Jay, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion you did, but I'll try to help you see that's not what I meant or what I said.

Jesus' dying for us is the reason why we can even be resurrected at all.  No one was born before Adam sinned and became imperfect, thus his downward start to growing old and dying.  As the Bible says, “Just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:22)

That gift was given by God before Adam even had children to pass on his sin to. (Gen 3:15)  So there is nothing we can or could do to earn that gift that God set before us with sending his son to die so that we may live, but in order to benefit from that free gift one must exercise faith  or believe in the ransom of Jesus' sacrifice. (John 3:16, also see James 2:26)

An illustration: a man who had a beautiful mansion willed it to his son. The mansion is a free gift, but for his son to benefit from that mansion, he'd have to live in it and keep it.  If he did not then he would not benefit from it, even though it's there.  

Well we today, have that gift before us, but our exercising faith in that free gift is how we benefit from it.

If Adam had never sinned then he would never have died, and his children would never die either.  So when we die, the Bible tells us at Romans 6:7 KJV "For he that is dead is freed from sin."

And Romans 6:23 KJV "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

The price that we pay for being sinners (Rom. 3:23) is that we die (God did not originally create man to die).  

Once we die, that price is paid, we cease to exist. (Ez 18:4)  But if God just left it like that, if he just said, OK everyone will just grow old and die because of what Adam did, then that would mean that God did not fulfill his original purpose for mankind, what God purposes to do he does (Isa 55:11).  

Jehovah told Adam and Eve to become many and fill the earth (Gen 1:28)  But because Adam sinned that didn't mean that God's purpose for the earth was thwarted or stopped.  So his original purpose was for Adam to live forever on the earth he made for mankind (Ps 115:16) along with their offspring and never die at all.  That purpose is still in full swing, and will be achieved by God in that he sent his son to die so that we may live.

As Romans 6:23 brought out, the gift of eternal life is through Jesus.  Without Jesus dying for us, there would be no resurrection of anyone.  And is why Jesus died, as he made it possible for our sins to be forgiven by God so when we died we can be brought back to life again.  

So at death our sins are acquitted or paid for according to the Bible.  And our being resurrected to life again with the prospect of never having to die at all is the gift that God gave us in sending his beloved son Jesus, because Adam took it away from us.  God in sending Jesus made it possible for us to live how he purposed people to live from when he first created Adam and Eve through Jesus' shed blood.  

If Adam had never sinned by being disobedient, Jesus would not have had to die for us...

Hope that helps

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T