Jehovah`s Witness/Your Excellent Points About Honesty

Question
QUESTION: Good morning, Sister T.  I hope you are your family are well.

I read your comments to Eddie today, and I was intrigued by one of the points.  I’m not going to bother addressing the others, because they have already been addressed.  But I did want to ask you to clarify your position on honesty.  You made the following points about “honoring Jehovah”, and being “honest”, and gave us some excellent Scriptures that apply to that topic….

“You and Bro Rando have showed the dishonoring use of an image in any way regarding worship to God is wrong!”

“God is about Truth and the opposite of truth is lies, (Ps 31:5)

Eph 4:25 "Wherefore, now that YOU have put away falsehood, speak truth each one of YOU with his neighbor, because we are members belonging to one another"

Prov 14:5 "A faithful witness is one that will not lie, but a false witness launches forth mere lies"

Prov 6:16-19 "There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: 17 lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, 18 a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, 19 a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers."

These are all excellent verses, because they show our Creator’s view of anyone speaking lies.  But they leave me with a few questions…..

Does it “honor” Jehovah‘s name, if a person uses His name and claims to love His name, but spreads lies about others?  Such as…making up things about them, or claiming they said something they did not?  Does this not actually dishonor Jehovah’s name?

Because it sounds as if you are saying, that if a person speaks a lie, then they are automatically doing what Satan wants, and not Jehovah.  Is that correct?

Is this conduct okay, if it is done in the fighting of an “opposer”, or is Jehovah’s name always dishonored when someone who says they serve Him, actually does not speak the truth?

Your thoughts?  

Thank you for your time….

ANSWER: Hello Derrick,

Thank you I'm glad you liked the scriptures I quoted.

When I saw your name and the title and the first part, I said to myself, is Derrick really going to start telling the truth himself now about the lie of how he claims we follow the Watchtower or that we idolize the Watchtower? Because we have said over and over again that that is not true and our Leader and Master is Jesus Christ!   

Since I see that being honest and truth is important to you, then I was hoping to see truth from you.  But then I remembered, you have been accusing one of the experts on here about them lying on you, and then I realized it wasn't about truth in itself, but about yourself.  (Romans 2:1-3)

The Bible helps us to see that God is against deliberately lying.  

But it also helps us to see if a person never lied ever, or sinned, then they would be perfect and able to bridle his whole body. (James 3:2; 1 John 1:10)

Now as I said at the onset that I remember you saying that this expert lied on you about something, I do not know what that all entailed or what the entire story behind it is, or both sides of it.  So I will not speak on matters that I do not know about. (Prov 18:13)

The Bible tells us if you feel someone has done something against you, then you should go to that person in private and work it out. (Matt 18:15)  

My suggestion would be that you do that and try to move on and if forgiveness is in order, then apply these (Matthew 18:21, 22; Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13)

I hope you and your family are doing well

Sister T

QUESTION: Hello again, Sister T.  Just a quick follow-up.

First, thank you for the reply.  I wasn't sure that you would.  However, I want to apologize, because I didn't really mean to make my question that difficult to understand.  Since I didn't actually see an answer to my question, let me post it again.  I realize that your hesitation to answer, must be because you know that by answering it, you will be implicating one of your own.  That simply isn't the issue.  I didn't mention anyone by name...I simply asked you a question.  It is telling that you immediately thought of all the well-documented lies on here, by a certain JW.  But that really isn't my problem.  I simply wanted you to clarify your earlier comments on lying.  If someone of my own belief was on here lying, and someone wrote me with this same question, I would answer it.  Lies are always wrong, is my understanding of the Scripture.

Yes, you are correct....Honesty is quite important to me.  It is the principle by which I live my own life, and also something I have instilled in my boys.  Anyone who knows me, will tell you I am one of the most honest people they know.  The only place I am perceived as a "liar", is here on Allexperts.  And funny...I don't even lie.

Your objection to my saying that you all "follow" and "idolize" the Watchtower, is worth a reply.  I BELIEVE the word I used was "revere", not "idolize".  And as for following the WT, the point I went on to make, was that when a JW is presented with something in the Scripture that goes against the WT, they will generally go with the WT, and assume the Scripture must mean something else.  I don't think there's much doubt about that, after reading the forum.

I WAS trouble by this statement of yours, however...

"the lie of how he claims we follow the Watchtower or that we idolize the Watchtower? Because we have said over and over again that that is not true and our Leader and Master is Jesus Christ!"

So, because you say "over and over again" that you don't, then that means it isn't true?  Okay, then by that SAME reasoning, I have told you all over and over again that born again Christians do not worship the cross, nor use it as a part of our worship, yet you continue to say that we do.  

I don't see much difference, except that my comment was based on what we see in the forum, and yours and Eddie's was based on nothing factual in the least.

Now, let's not get side-tracked, and get back to my simple question.   

Now, my questions were....

1.  Does it “honor” Jehovah‘s name, if a person uses His name and claims to love His name, but spreads lies about others?  Such as…making up things about them, or claiming they said something they did not?  Does this not actually dishonor Jehovah’s name?

2.  If a person speaks a lie, then they are automatically doing what Satan wants, and not Jehovah.  Is that correct?

3.  Is this conduct okay, if it is done in the fighting of an “opposer”, or is Jehovah’s name always dishonored when someone who says they serve Him, actually does not speak the truth?

Don't worry about who, if anyone, might be implicated.  That is not my problem, or yours.  I simply want to know what your view is of the above questions, since you did post the comments about lying, right alongside with some lies being told by other experts.

Simple questions...Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello Derrick,

I'm not sure why you wrote this in private, I have nothing to hide.  

Now we are both adults here Derrick and I really don't play into all of that.  I answered you already and that's all I have to say on the matter.  

As I said before, I do not know all the details of the claim you made.  And since you are not a mind reader, then all you can do is assume that I know, among other assumptions.  But I have stated that the little that I have seen is not enough for me to just agree with you.

I already know that you do not agree with JW's so asking me those questions is a bit facetious. And you are trying to make your case against another expert, and you want to try to include as many JW's as you can to try to throw dirt.  

So as I said I will not be a party to that type of activity.

If you do not want to go by what the Bible says about going to the person in private then it's nothing I can do about that.

And in case you want to make this public to try and make your ongoing case by trying to make it seem like you are some kind of victim so you can try to make JW's look bad, then do what you feel you need to do.  

But I will not be privy to your shenanigans, I do not have time for that Mr. Holland, nor will I make time for it.

Take care

Sister T

(9/19/13)
I am adding on to this and making it public since you put my name in your rebuttal trying to prove your case. You Mr. Holland have done exactly what I said you were planning to do and I knew your tactics already and that is the only reason why you wrote to me in the first place to try and make a case against another expert and trying to use me to support your ongoing campaign.  

What you did is no surprise, but very typical!!! I knew what you were up to...your post is exactly what I said you were planning....typical tactics. I specifically told you I didn't know all the details, so I won't speak on it, you still used my name throughout your tirade, I'm on Jehovah's side, and my dear Bro Rando is on Jehovah's side as well. Let it be known I have never written to you in public or in private  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T