Jehovah`s Witness/More JW Hypocrisy

the one who knows all wrote at 2013-09-17 01:40:51
This is particularly for Jim

The difference is that JWs have NO religious symbols at all.  The torture stake or pole  is not venerated in any way shape or form  it is not looked to as a symbol of Christianity as the cross is.  So the statements by Jim are are unwarranted and inflammatory.

The watchtower is not a religious symbol it is a "corporate symbol" depicting the aim of the magazine to be like a watchman on a fortified watchtower looking for coming danger. The Watchtower magazine's purpose is to act as such a watchman keeping people aware of happening events in light of Bible prophecy as we draw closer to the great fear inspiring day Of God.

Derrick wrote at 2013-09-20 12:12:54
Dear friend, I think you need to change your screen name to "The one who misses the point", because this post of yours surely doesn't indicate that you "know all".  This is the first of your comments that I have actually had an issue with, incidentally.

I believe you completely missed the point about Jim's writing, so let me help you.  You stated...

"The difference is that JWs have NO religious symbols at all.  The torture stake or pole  is not venerated in any way shape or form  it is not looked to as a symbol of Christianity as the cross is.  So the statements by Jim are are unwarranted and inflammatory."

Again, you are guilty of at least implying that we born again Christians venerate the cross.  We do not.  It is a symbol of what our Savior did, yes, but that is it.  We do not venerate, pray to, worship, or believe it has any magical powers.  

Now, the reason Jim's point was valid, because he was responding basically to the false idea of Eddie, and other JWs, that because he cross had pagan sexual connotations, this somehow proves that Jesus wasn't crucified on one.  So by the same token, JWs are being inconsistent by believing that Jesus did die on a stake, even though the stake has the SAME connotations.  

Simply put...If the pagan use of the stake does not prove Jesus didn't die on one, then neither does the pagan use of the cross, prove that Jesus didn't die on a cross, either.

His post wasn't about what JWs "worship" or "venerate".  

But are you saying its perfectly FINE to have a "corporate symbol" that has pagan roots?  Why not just choose one that doesn't?  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland