Jehovah`s Witness/truth be told

the one who knows all wrote at 2013-09-28 01:55:18
Mr Holland it would help if you read the question clearly before answering.  You said “Well, to be honest, I found this reply a little bit interesting, for several reasons.  First, you make no mention at all of the many Scriptures I have already given you, which refer to Jesus and the Holy Spirit as "God".  And there are several more that I can give. “  If you read what Jose said in the start of his question that is covered  he tells you that he can only look at one of your points at a time, he said “I can only take on one at a time as my time permits so please bear with me.  As I have stated I am searching truth and have studied your first point, that is John 5:7”  

Bro.D.Drake wrote at 2013-09-28 09:41:47
Hey Derrick,

Your answer to Jose was astounding. Your rebuttle was very insightful and well thought out. I don't agree with the Trinity nor it's secular latter sixteenth century through the twenty-first era resurrection of the hypotheses of the three being one. But you conducted your self and your rebuttle in an honest and noble manner that does not carry away the dignified answer to Jose. I'm proud of you. Our theologies (if you want to call it that for lack of a better word) may not be in agreement but the conversation was done in a respectful and friendly manner. Thank you for being respectful and noble.

Derrick wrote at 2013-09-29 11:47:57
To D. Drake....Thank you, Sir, for your kind words.  I continue to appreciate your humble demeanor, and approach when dealing with questioners.  It is a breath of fresh air.

To The One Who Knows All...I did read the part at the beginning, and understand perfectly what was said.  I merely found it interesting that he would take the very same issue that we had already discussed in such great detail a year and a half ago, and come back with nearly identical points.  And he did so in such a way, that indicated he thought I was not aware of the arguments against the Comma, when I had already stated that I am familiar with all of them.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.