Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah

Question
Hello again Sir

Thank you for the previous response once again. And hope you're doing good as always and your family as well. I have another concern and I'm hoping(as always) that you're going to present a very satisfying answer. It's about the *name* "JEHOVAH"!! Does the NEW TESTAMENT *contains* the TETRAGRAMMATON(YHWH)??? If "YES" then any evidence for that?? If "NO" then I guess the WTBTS were being fraud and dishonest by adding something which wasn't actually there in the original manuscript. But before you answer the question, if you have time, kindly please read the conversation from this BLOG:

http://blog.evidenceministries.org/once-again-the-name-of-god-with-a-jehovahs-wi

If you will read it sir, you'll know what my question really meant. Just stick to "KW's" response there.

*LOOKING FORWARD*

Thank you and More Power

GOD BLESS♥

Answer
Hi Dave,

I read the the article.  Personally, I do not think that the writer correctly transcribed the conversation.  It appears to me he took liberties in the way he "quotes" the JWs.  It reads as if it is loosely based on a conversation he nay have had.  If he did transcribe it correctly, the JW he was talking was not an elder. Some of the responses that are supposedly given show a person with very little idea of the subject.

From what I have read, all known Septuagint manuscripts have the divine name in them at the time Jesus and the NT Bible writers walked the earth. The writter acknowledges that. It was only from the second century copies that the name was removed.  So it is also speculated that as scribes removed the divine name from the Septuagint that they removed it from the NT.

It is absolutely true that none of the known ancient manuscripts of the the Greek “New Testament” Texts  have been found to contain the Divine name completely on its own.   However The Apostle John, in 4 places in the the Book of revelation Chapter 19  (verses 1,3,4  & 6) uses the Greek form of a Hebrew expression found in the Psalms that use the abbreviated  form of the Divine name “Yah” (Jah). It is found in a compound word meaning “praise Jehovah”  The Greek word used is ἀλληλουϊά  My electronic copy of Thayers Greek English Lexicon simply says of this word “Hebrew , praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah”  (The Hebrew font did not copy)  My Elrctronic Strongs Lexicon says   “of Hebrew origin [imper. of 1984  and 3050 ]; praise ye Jah!, an adoring exclamation:—alleluiah.”   The two Hebrewwords that iy says   “alleluiah”  is derived form are 1984 = “halal – praise”  and  3050 = “Yahh = Jah, the Lord, most vehement. Compare names in "- iah," "- jah." Greek “

John could have used  the Greek expresion “aineo - Adonay” which means “Praise the Lord”  (found at Romans 15:11)  or  “aineo – theos”  wjich means praising God ( found in Luke 2:13.20) but he did not, he used the Hebrew term “Praise Jah”

Hebrew scholar and Gérard Gertoux, president of the Association Biblique de Recherche d’Anciens Manuscrits and has written a paper on the this matter were he reveals the pronunciation of the God’s name, Yehowah, with scriptural and cultural evidence.   The “book”  “THE NAME OF GOD YeHoWaH. ITS STORY".  He discusses the removal of Gods name and gives historical and scriptual evidence of the use by the first century Christians. This  can be found on line at   http://www.lifespurpose.net/divinename/NameofGod1.htm#start

But before you read his lengthy discussion please consider the following.  I found this file on my computer that I had written some time ago.....

We know that God wanted his name known by all people, because his word testifies to that. In  Exodus  7:5 in the JKV it says  “  And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD , when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.” Where the word LORD is written it represents the divine name YHWH.    The Egyptians HAD to KNOW that the name of the Hebrews God was YHWH. (Yahweh or more commonly Jehovah)  Here are ALL the other occurrences of that decree where Jehovah says that people WILL HAVE TO KNOW HIS NAME

Ex 14:18   And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD , when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
Ex 16:12   I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and yeshall know that I am the LORD your God.
Ex 29:46   And they shall know that I am the LORD ,their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.
1Ki 20:28   And there came a man of God, and spake unto the king of Israel, and said, Thus saith the LORD, Because the Syrians have said, The LORD is God of the hills, but he is not God of the valleys, therefore will I deliver all this great multitude into thine hand, and ye shall know that I am the LORD .
Ezekiel 6:7   And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and ye shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 6:10   And they shall know that I am the LORD , and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.
Eze 6:14   So will I stretch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate, yea, more desolate than the wilderness toward Diblath, in all their habitations: and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 7:4   And mine eye shall not spare thee, neither will I have pity: but I will recompense thy ways upon thee, and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee: and ye shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 7:9   And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will recompense thee according to thy ways and thine abominations that are in the midst of thee; and yeshall know that I am the LORD that smiteth.
Eze 7:27   The king shall mourn, and the prince shall be clothed with desolation, and the hands of the people of the land shall be troubled: I will do unto them after their way, and according to their deserts will I judge them; and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 11:10   Ye shall fall by the sword; I will judge you in the border of Israel; and yeshall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 11:12   And ye shall know that I am the LORD : for ye have not walked in my statutes, neither executed my judgments, but have done after the manners of the heathen that are round about you.
Eze 12:15   And they shall know that I am the LORD , when I shall scatter them among the nations, and disperse them in the countries.
Eze 12:16   But I will leave a few men of them from the sword, from the famine, and from the pestilence; that they may declare all their abominations among the heathen whither they come; and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 12:20   And the cities that are inhabited shall be laid waste, and the land shall be desolate; and yeshall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 13:9   And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 29:9   And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it.
Eze 29:16   And it shall be no more the confidence of the house of Israel, which bringeth their iniquity to remembrance, when they shall look after them: but they shall know that I am the LORD GOD.
Eze 29:21   In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 30:8   And they shall know that I am the LORD , when I have set a fire in Egypt, and when all her helpers shall be destroyed.
Eze 30:19   Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 30:25   But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down; and theyshall know that I am the LORD , when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt.
Eze 30:26   And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 34:27   And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD , when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
Eze 35:9   I will make thee perpetual desolations, and thy cities shall not return: and ye shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 35:15   As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, even all of it: and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 36:11   And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and yeshall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 36:23   And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD , saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:38   As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 37:6   And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 37:13   And ye shall know that I am the LORD , when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Eze 38:23   Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 39:6   And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD .
Eze 39:7   So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD , the Holy One in Israel.
Eze 39:22   So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

Jesus was a Hebrew and was raised as a Hebrew. He said he had a God , Just before he died he called out  "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Mark 15:34   After his resurrection he told Mary  that he had the same Heavenly father and God that she had  “I am ascending to my Father and your Father , to my God and your God ." John 20:17   

Paul. After Jesus had ascended to heaven, acknowledges that Jesus had a God Rom.15:6 “ that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ .”  

During his ministry he said that he had made his Fathers name known and would continue to make it known John 17:26 “ And I have declared unto them thy name , and will declare it

Now to the word “lord” as it appears in the Greek Text is “kurios” signifying one having power, or authority, to one whom service is due. It is NOT limited to deity

The fact that at the time of Jesus the Hebrew and the Greek scrolls of the “Old Testament” contained the divine name  why would not the Son of God use it especially when God wanted people to know his  name as per the lost of texts above, and that Jesus said he made Gods name known.

It is speculated by some that it was only superstition on the part of the Hebrews that stopped them using the name, and removing it from the text as later scrolls of the Hebrew and Greek (Septuagint) shows.

In light of John using the abbreviated form of the divine name,  and, that Jehovah wanted his name known it stands to reason that it was there in the original writings, especially when they quoted from the Septuagint  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn