Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah, worthy of worship?

Why Jehovah is worthy To receive Worship?

Hi Woo from Malaysia,

Thank you for your inquiry to All Experts.

I hope you and your family is doing well and I hope your fairing well in the Monsoon season.

Your question of why Jehovah deserves our worship. Mr. Woo lets analyze what the book called the Bible and what it says about Jehovah. I do not know what your denomination is but we as Christian’s adhere to its word as the ultimate expression of God’s thoughts to us. Paul, one of the writers of more books in the Bible than any other writer says in Romans 4:16  On this account it was as a result of faith, that it might be according to undeserved kindness, in order for the promise to be sure to all his seed, not only to that which adheres to the Law, but also to that which adheres to the faith of Abraham. (He is the father of us all.

So Paul says that Jehovah is our Father. That brings another question Mr. Woo. If He is our Father what can we attribute to Him? Well he watchers over us to be sure that we are safeguarded from Satan and his Demons.  Jesus said in John 17:11-14 “Also, I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are. 12 When I was with them I used to watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me; and I have kept them, and not one of them is destroyed except the son of destruction, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you, and I am speaking these things in the world in order that they may have my joy in themselves to the full. 14 I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Mr. Woo, we just read two sources of information; one, from Paul the Apostle to the Nations and two, from Jesus talking about his Father. Jehovah gave us a wonderful gift Mr. Woo and that is the freedom of choice or many like to call it free will. What does that entail? For one, He leaves the choice for us to decide whether we want to worship him or not. Let’s examine a few scriptures that allow us to examine the choices laid in front of us. More like a pros and cons to worshipping him.

The first example is Israel. (Deuteronomy 8:1-5) 8 “Every commandment that I am commanding you today YOU should be careful to keep, in order that YOU may continue living and indeed multiply and go in and take possession of the land about which Jehovah swore to YOUR forefathers. 2 And you must remember all the way that Jehovah your God made you walk these forty years in the wilderness, in order to humble you, to put you to the test so as to know what was in your heart, as to whether you would keep his commandments or not. 3 So he humbled you and let you go hungry and fed you with the manna, which neither you had known nor your fathers had known; in order to make you know that not by bread alone does man live but by every expression of Jehovah’s mouth does man live. 4 Your mantle did not wear out upon you, nor did your foot become swollen these forty years. 5 And you well know with your own heart that just as a man corrects his son, Jehovah your God was correcting you.

Now, Israel was a precious possession of Jehovah and He took care of them . . . up to a certain point. Like a father to his children, he loved them and also punished them accordingly. Moses was very explicit in warning them:

(Deuteronomy 8:19, 20) 19 “And it must occur that if you should at all forget Jehovah your God and you should actually walk after other gods and serve them and bow down to them, I do bear witness against YOU today that YOU people will absolutely perish. 20 Like the nations that Jehovah is destroying from before YOU, that is the way YOU will perish, because YOU will not listen to the voice of Jehovah YOUR God.

Israel while under the care of Jehovah continually overstepped their bounds to test Jehovah’s patience. Their Biblical history is written for our example today where in 2 Timothy 3:16 where it says, “All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” Sure, many say that the Bible is outdated in their present day application.

A famous humanitarian said a long time ago when addressing political situation with his country:

Lord Irwin of England asked Gandhi what he thought would solve the problems between Great Britain and India. Gandhi picked up a Bible and opened it to the fifth chapter of Matthew and said: "When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world."

That sermon* speaks of:
•   seeking spirituality,
•   being mild-tempered, peaceable, merciful, a lover of righteousness
•   condemns not only murder but being wrathful with others,
•   condemns not just adultery but lustful thoughts as well
•   speaks against irresponsible divorce actions
•   It tells us: 'Love even those who dislike you,
•   give to the needy,
•   stop judging others unmercifully,
•   treat others as you would like to be treated
Matthew 5:1 Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them saying: 3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Sermon on the Mount - Matthew: Chapters 5, 6, and 7

Mr. Woo I wanted to show you these texts of the Bible because it explains why the early Christian’s worshipped Jesus’ Father Jehovah. He cured their physical infirmities but more importantly He filled their spiritual thirst for the truth derived from Jehovah.

So I may be a little melodramatic about pros and cons of worshipping Jehovah. Jehovah never leaves anybody on the lurch regarding his purposes. But he does give this warning which is recorded in the following scriptures:

(Joshua 23:13) YOU should positively know that Jehovah YOUR God will not continue to dispossess these nations on YOUR account; and they must become to YOU as a trap and as a snare and as a scourge on YOUR flanks and as thorns in YOUR eyes until YOU have perished off this good ground that Jehovah YOUR God has given YOU.
(1 Samuel 12:25) But if YOU flagrantly do what is bad, YOU will be swept away, both YOU and YOUR king.”

Now Jehovah gave the grand privilege through visions the glory of his appearance. Remember, these are not the actual depictions but shown only in visions. In the following Bible texts, it reads how Jehovah is the Creator of the Universe and everything pertaining to it.

(Psalm 96:4-6) For Jehovah is great and very much to be praised. He is fear-inspiring above all [other] gods.  5 For all the gods of the peoples are valueless gods; But as for Jehovah, he has made the very heavens.  6 Dignity and splendor are before him; Strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.

(Genesis 1:1) In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
(Psalm 115:15) YOU are the ones blessed by Jehovah, The Maker of heaven and earth.
(Isaiah 42:5) This is what the [true] God, Jehovah, has said, the Creator of the heavens and the Grand One stretching them out; the One laying out the earth and its produce, the One giving breath to the people on it, and spirit to those walking in it:

It is breath taking to know that Jehovah, our Grand Creator is to be worshipped because He didn’t have to make pleasurable flavor in foods, or make beautiful color attached to plants, animals, and many other things. The joy of seeing our loved one smile and say, “I love you daddy.” Or seeing our children grow before our eyes and learning to love their Heavenly Father as the parents do. There is so much out there Mr. Woo that reminds us of our Creator that one cannot but be in awe and marvel at his fruits of the spirit and his wonderful works. King David said it best:

(Psalm 96:7-13). . .Ascribe to Jehovah, O YOU families of the peoples, Ascribe to Jehovah glory and strength.  8 Ascribe to Jehovah the glory belonging to his name; Carry a gift and come into his courtyards.  9 Bow down to Jehovah in holy adornment; Be in severe pains because of him, all [YOU people of] the earth. 10 Say among the nations: “Jehovah himself has become king. The productive land also becomes firmly established so that it cannot be made to totter. He will plead the cause of the peoples in uprightness.” 11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be joyful. Let the sea thunder and that which fills it. 12 Let the open field exult and all that is in it. At the same time let all the trees of the forest break out joyfully 13 Before Jehovah. For he has come; For he has come to judge the earth. He will judge the productive land with righteousness And the peoples with his faithfulness.

Isn’t this to know humbling to know that Jehovah loves you and I to the point that He sacrificed His own son, His first creation, His only begotten son to come to earth, be ill treated and unappreciated to live with a poor family only to die a humiliating death, the death of a criminal. That is so incomprehensible that we would never think of doing that to our own family members, right? John 3:16

Insight to the Scripture Volume Two page 13-14 describes a little more in detail about Jehovah, the Sovereign Lord of the Universe.

Since he is a Spirit beyond the power of humans to see (John 4:24), any description of his appearance in human terms can only approximate his incomparable glory. (Isaiah 40:25, 26) While not actually seeing their Creator (John 1:18), certain of his servants were given inspired visions of his heavenly courts. Their description of his presence portrays not only great dignity and awesome majesty but also serenity, order, beauty, and pleasantness.—Exodus 24:9-11; Isaiah 6:1; Ezekiel 1:26-28; Daniel 7:9; Revelation 4:1-3; see also Psalm 96:4-6.
As can be noted, these descriptions employ metaphors and similes, likening Jehovah’s appearance to things known to humans—jewels, fire, rainbow. He is even described as though he had certain human features. While some scholars make a considerable issue out of what they call the anthropomorphological expressions found in the Bible—as references to God’s “eyes,” “ears,” “face” (1Peter 3:12), “arm” (Ezekiel 20:33), “right hand” (Exodus 15:6), and so forth—it is obvious that such expressions are necessary for the description to be humanly comprehensible. For Jehovah God to set down for us a description of himself in spirit terms would be like supplying advanced algebraic equations to persons having only the most elementary knowledge of mathematics, or trying to explain colors to a person born blind.—Job 37:23, 24.

The so-called anthropomorphisms, therefore, are never to be taken literally, any more than other metaphoric references to God as a “sun,” “shield,” or “Rock.” (Psalm 84:11; Deuteronomy 32:4, 31) Jehovah’s sight (Genesis 16:13), unlike that of humans, does not depend on light rays, and deeds done in utter darkness can be seen by him. (Psalm 139:1, 7-12; Hebrews 4:13) His vision can encompass all the earth (Proverbs 15:3), and he needs no special equipment to see the growing embryo within the human womb. (Psalm 139:15, 16) Nor does his hearing depend on sound waves in an atmosphere, for he can “hear” expressions though uttered voicelessly in the heart. (Psalm 19:14) Man cannot successfully measure even the vast physical universe; yet the physical heavens do not embrace or enclose the place of God’s residence, and much less does some earthly house or temple. (1Kings 8:27; Psalm 148:13) Through Moses, Jehovah specifically warned the nation of Israel not to make an image of Him in the form of a male or of any kind of created thing. (Deuteronomy 4:15-18) So, whereas Luke’s account records Jesus’ reference to expelling demons “by means of God’s finger,” Matthew’s account shows that Jesus thereby referred to “God’s spirit,” or active force.—Luke 11:20; Matthew 12:28; compare Jeremiah 27:5 and Genesis 1:2.

Personal qualities revealed in creation. Certain facets of Jehovah’s personality are revealed by his creative works even prior to his creation of man. (Romans 1:20) The very act of creation reveals his love. This is because Jehovah is self-contained, lacking nothing. Hence, although he created hundreds of millions of spirit sons, not one could add anything to his knowledge or contribute some desirable quality of emotion or personality that He did not already possess in superior degree.—Daniel 7:9, 10; Hebrews 12:22; Isaiah 40:13, 14; Romans 11:33, 34.

This, of course, does not mean that Jehovah does not find pleasure in his creatures. Since man was made “in God’s image” (Genesis 1:27), it follows that the joy a human father finds in his child, particularly one who shows filial love and acts with wisdom, reflects the joy that Jehovah finds in his intelligent creatures who love and wisely serve Him. (Proverbs 27:11; Matthew 3:17; 12:18) This pleasure comes, not from any material or physical gain, but from seeing his creatures willingly hold to his righteous standards and show unselfishness and generosity. (1Chronicle 29:14-17; Psalm 50:7-15; 147:10, 11; Heb 13:16) Contrariwise, those who take a wrong course and show contempt for Jehovah’s love, who bring reproach on his name and cruel suffering to others, cause Jehovah to ‘feel hurt at his heart.’—Genesis 6:5-8; Psalm 78:36-41; Hebrew 10:38.

Jehovah also finds pleasure in the exercise of his powers, whether in creation or otherwise, his works always having a real purpose and a good motive. (Psalm 135:3-6; Isaiah 46:10, 11; 55:10, 11) As the Generous Giver of “every good gift and every perfect present,” he takes delight in rewarding his faithful sons and daughters with blessings. (James 1:5, 17; Psalm 35:27; 84:11, 12; 149:4) Yet, though he is a God of warmth and feeling, his happiness is clearly not dependent upon his creatures, nor does he sacrifice righteous principles for sentimentality.

As the apostle Paul pointed out, Jehovah’s invisible qualities are also revealed in his material creation. His vast power is staggering to the imagination, huge galaxies of billions of stars being but ‘the work of his fingers’ (Ps 8:1, 3, 4; 19:1), and the richness of his wisdom displayed is such that, even after thousands of years of research and study, the understanding that men have of the physical creation is but “a whisper” compared with mighty thunder. (Job 26:14; Ps 92:5; Ec 3:11) Jehovah’s creative activity toward the planet Earth was marked by logical orderliness, following a definite program (Ge 1:2-31), making the earth—as astronauts in our 20th century have called it—a jewel in space.

(Romans 1:19, 20) 19 because what may be known about God is manifest among them, for God made it manifest to them. 20 For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable;

(Psalm 19:1) 19 The heavens are declaring the glory of God; And of the work of his hands the expanse is telling.

(Isaiah 40:26) “Raise YOUR eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army (stars) of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one [of them] is missing. Parenthesis mine.
(Revelation 4:11) “You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”

(Jeremiah 10:12) He is the Maker of the earth by his power, the One firmly establishing the productive land by his wisdom, and the One who by his understanding stretched out the heavens.
(2 Peter 1:3) forasmuch as his divine power has given us freely all the things that concern life and godly devotion, through the accurate knowledge of the one who called us through glory and virtue.

(Psalm 103:19) Jehovah himself has firmly established his throne in the very heavens; And over everything his own kingship has held domination.
(Jeremiah 10:10) But Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living God and the King to time indefinite. Because of his indignation the earth will rock, and no nations will hold up under his denunciation.

(Revelation 15:3) And they are singing the song of Moses the slave of God and the song of the Lamb, saying: “Great and wonderful are your works, Jehovah God, the Almighty. Righteous and true are your ways, King of eternity.Jehovah God, therefore, by his very Person, his ways, and his words, was and is the Supreme Standard for all the universe, the definition and the sum of all goodness. For that reason his Son when on earth could say to a man: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.”—Mark 10:17, 18; also Matthew 19:17; 5:48.
All things relating to God’s person are holy; his personal name, Jehovah, is holy and hence is to be sanctified. (Le 22:32) To sanctify means “to make holy, set apart or hold as sacred,” and therefore not to use as something common, or ordinary. Isaiah 6:1-3; Luke 1:49; Revelation 4:8;  Because of the Person it represents, Jehovah’s name is “great and fear-inspiring” (Psalm 99:3, 5), “majestic,” and “unreachably high” (Psalm 8:1; 148:13), worthy of being regarded with awe (Isaiah 29:23).

The evidence is that the divine name was so regarded until events in the garden of Eden brought about its profanation. Satan’s rebellion brought God’s name and reputation into question. To Eve, he claimed to speak for God in telling her what “God knows,” while at the same time he cast doubt on God’s command, expressed to Adam, concerning the tree of the knowledge of good and bad. (Genesis 3:1-5) Being divinely commissioned and being the earthly head through whom God communicated instructions to the human family, Adam was Jehovah’s representative on earth. (Genesis 1:26, 28; 2:15-17; 1Corinthian 11:3) Those serving in such capacity are said to ‘minister in Jehovah’s name’ and ‘speak in his name.’ (Deuteronomy 18:5, 18, 19; James 5:10) Thus, while his wife Eve had already profaned Jehovah’s name by her disobedience, Adam’s doing so was an especially reprehensible act of disrespect for the name he represented.—Compare 1Samuel 15:22, 23.

It is evident that the spirit son who became Satan knew Jehovah as a God of moral standards, not as a capricious, erratic person. Had he known Jehovah as a God given to uncontrolled, violent outbursts, he could only have expected immediate, on-the-spot extermination for the course he took. The issue Satan raised in Eden, therefore, was not simply a test of Jehovah’s mightiness or power to destroy. Rather, it was a moral issue: that of God’s moral right to exercise universal sovereignty and require implicit obedience and devotion of all of his creatures in all places. Satan’s approach to Eve reveals this. (Genesis 3:1-6) Likewise, the book of Job relates how Jehovah brings out into the open before all his assembled angelic sons the extent of the position taken by his Adversary. Satan made the claim that the loyalty of Job (and, by implication, of any of God’s intelligent creatures) toward Jehovah was not wholehearted, not based on true devotion and genuine love.—Job 1:6-22; 2:1-8.

Thus, the question of integrity on the part of God’s intelligent creatures was a secondary, or subsidiary, issue arising out of the primary issue of God’s right to universal sovereignty. These questions would require time in order for the veracity or falsity of the charges to be demonstrated, for the heart attitude of God’s creatures to be proved, and thus for the issue to be settled beyond any doubt. Compare Job 23:10; 31:5, 6; Ecclesiastes 8:11-13; Hebrew 5:7-9; Jehovah thus did not immediately execute the rebellious human pair nor the spirit son who raised the issue, and so the two foretold ‘seeds,’ representing opposite sides of the issue, would come into existence.—Genesis 3:15.

That this issue still remained alive when Jesus Christ was on earth is seen from his confrontation with Satan in the wilderness after Jesus’ 40-day fast. The serpent like tactics employed by Jehovah’s Adversary in his temptation efforts toward God’s Son followed the pattern seen in Eden some 4,000 years earlier, and Satan’s offer of rulership over earthly kingdoms made clear that the issue of universal sovereignty had not changed. (Matthew 4:1-10) The book of Revelation reveals the continuance of the issue down until the time when Jehovah God declares the case closed compare Psalm 74:10, 22, 23 and executes righteous judgment upon all opposers, by his righteous Kingdom rule bringing complete vindication and sanctification to his holy name.—Revelation 11:17, 18; 12:17; 14:6, 7; 15:3, 4; 19:1-3, 11-21; 20:1-10, 14.
The entire Bible account revolves around this issue Mr. Woo and its settlement, and makes manifest Jehovah God’s primary purpose: the sanctification of his own name.

Such sanctification would require a cleansing of God’s name of all reproach and false charges, that is, a vindicating of it. But, much more than that, it would require the honoring of that name as sacred by all intelligent creatures in heaven and earth. This, in turn, would mean their recognizing and respecting Jehovah’s sovereign position, doing so willingly, wanting to serve him, delighting to do his divine will, because of love for him. David’s prayer to Jehovah at Psalm 40:5-10 well expresses such attitude and true sanctification of Jehovah’s name. Note the apostle’s application of portions of this psalm to Christ Jesus at Hebrew 10:5-10.

Upon the sanctification of Jehovah’s name, therefore, depend the good order, peace, and well-being of all the universe and its inhabitants. God’s Son showed this, at the same time pointing out Jehovah’s means for accomplishing his purpose, when he taught his disciples to pray to God: “Let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” Matthew 6:9, 10 This primary purpose of Jehovah provides the key for understanding the reason behind God’s actions and his dealings with his creatures as set forth in the entire Bible.

Mr. Woo we stand here today to resolve a question that needs to be answered. Do we worship Jehovah because of what He can do for us, or as a children who love their parents, do we love him and worship him as our Celestial Father, The Source of all Creation, and the embodiment of love?
I urge you to go to to find other answers for questions that you may have.

Sincerely your Servant and Slave
Brother D.Drake DeLaurentos.

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer

Please Don't Forget That the Conmemoration of Christ's Death is March 23, 2016 after sundown. Please go to your local Kingdom Hall to participate in his memory of what his death meant for mankind. Also, Pease be advised that you can go to www, for more information and or see our videos My heart has been with Jehovah God for over thirty years and in good standing with my congregation. I believe that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is Governing Body as well as the Domestic who feed off the NWT Holy Scriptured as the tools of implementation, direction, dissemination of which Jesus Christ uses. My purpose is to answer almost any question on religious and spiritually related subject matter. Much of my resources are from the Watchtower and Awake plus other scholarly journals. Please let the inquiry be base on the person’s earnest, honesty and whole-hearted approach combined with good faith. Let the inquirer humbly seek answers to further their knowledge of scriptures, culture, and overall increase his or her relationship with our Creator. Our relationship through this inquiry will not involve bashing, discrediting, or dishonoring other informational providers on this forum or any other forum and/or religion. I will quote from sources if possible and provide their information on this forum. Please refrain from aggressive, negative and non-productive discussion that hinders our progress of understanding and appreciating our Creator’s word, The Holy Scriptures/ Bible.

I am an active Jehovah's Witness and have been disciplined with over 30 years of bible based knowledge with informational data to support biblical history and culture as well as giving credit to my creator. Im very familiar with the organization and its history and will to the best of my ability answer it's past and present status. I, as well as the organization, am currently researching new information as more research comes to light or refined. Many subjects dealing with the Holy Scriptures are becoming clearer and thus being disseminated to those who want to be taught. If during our uplifting discussion, I have erred in reasoning or in presenting the information, I will apologize sincerely. I will not allow my knowledge or sinful tendencies of pride to cloud my judgment. The first step in any discussion is recognizing our humility and imperfect state in this world and that all that is spoken is derived from our Creator, Jehovah God.

My main organization tie is to the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. I also belong to othe secular organizations that are related to my psychology field.

My publications have appeared in many medias locally and nationally.,

I have a Masters in Criminal Forensic Psychology and have been teaching other related subject matters on for over 20 years. In addition, I have been teaching secular and theological based information for over 20 years as well. Im well versed in human behavior and social aspects of religious dedication. I'm also astute in criminal behavior as well with criminal mind. I was a law enforcement officer and a probation officer for half of my life.

All honors and awards go to my God.

My past and current clients are confidential because of the privacy issues that I must uphold.