Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus Christ

Question
If it says in verse John 3:16  For God so loved the World that he gave his one and only SON that whoever believes in HIM shall not PERISH bit have eternal life.  And at verse 18 it says Whoever believes in HIM is not Condemned but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of of Gods one and only SON. Why would  a Jehovah witness not believe Jesus Is God. And when Jesus says in verse john 10:30 I and the Father are one.  And the jewish OPPONENTS picked up stones to stone him. Obviously because they felt threatened because Jesus said he was God. Jesus told them at verse 38 But if i do them even though you do not believe me believe the works that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father. There are many versus in the bible that say Jesus is God Or where Jesus is saying he is God and that is why  he was crucified. So is being a jehova wtiness like being one of those jews who would've stoned and hate jesus??

Answer
I want to thank you for your question. This is a common belief and we appreciate how many view the relationship between God (Jehovah) and Jesus Christ. We, as Jehovah’s Witnesses would never have stoned Jesus!  But, I have included a few notes for the scriptures you cited. I hope this is helpful.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
•   You notice that he is not said to be God, but God’s Son
•   The very fact that Jesus is called the “Son of God” reveals that he was produced by the Father and is, therefore, his firstborn and only-begotten Son. Jesus himself said: “I live because of the Father.” (John 6:57) After having come into existence, the Son was used in creating everything. (John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17; Heb. 1:2) As firstborn Son, this one enjoyed a special intimacy with the Father. He is spoken of as being “in the bosom position with the Father.”—John 1:18.
•   So perfectly did Jesus reflect the image—the personality and ways—of his Father that he could say to Philip: “He that has seen me has seen the Father.” (John 14:9) That is why one can come to know God only through the Son. As Jesus put it: “All things have been delivered to me by my Father, and who the Son is no one knows but the Father; and who the Father is, no one knows but the Son, and he to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.”—Luke 10:22.
•   What a grand oneness exists between Jehovah God and his firstborn Son! They are always “one” in purpose and activity. But, as the Scriptures clearly show, they are not equal. The Son always acknowledges his Father’s superior position, subjecting himself to his Father as his God and delighting in doing his Father’s will. “He that sent me,” said Jesus, “is with me; he did not abandon me to myself, because I always do the things pleasing to him.” (John 8:29; 1 Cor. 11:3) Thus Jesus truly is, not ‘God the Son’ or the “second person” of a triune God, but the “Son of God.”—John 20:31.

(John 3:18) He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
•   Again, he is not said to be God, but the Son of God

(John 10:30) I and the Father are one.”

•   This is taken quite literally by many religions to say just what you are questioning me about. But, is this referring to what you believe to be the Trinity? No. When Jesus said, “I and the Father are one,” he was speaking, not of a mysterious Trinity, but of a wonderful unity—the closest bond possible between two persons. Since Jesus is on earth and his Father is in heaven, clearly he is not saying that he and his Father are literally, or physically, one. Rather, he means that they are one in purpose, that they are at unity. . He asked the Jews who wrongly drew that conclusion and wanted to stone him: “Why do you charge me with blasphemy because I, consecrated and sent into the world by the Father, said, ‘I am God’s son’?” (John 10:31-36, NE) No, Jesus claimed that he was, not God the Son, but the Son of God.
•   Since Jesus is on earth and his Father is in heaven, clearly he is not saying that he and his Father are literally, or physically, one. Rather, he means that they are one in purpose or are at unity.
•   But at John 17:21, 22, Jesus prayed regarding his followers: “That they may all be one,” and he added, “that they may be one even as we are one.” He used the same Greek word (hen) for “one” in all these instances. Obviously, Jesus’ disciples do not all become part of the Trinity. But they do come to share a oneness of purpose with the Father and the Son, the same sort of oneness that unites God and Christ.

Here are Jesus own words:

(Mark 12: 28) Now one of the scribes that had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first of all?” 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength. The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him: “Teacher, you well said in line with truth, ‘He is One, and there is no other than He’;

Mark 13: 32 “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.

•   If they were one, Jesus would know the the day and the hour

There are many scriptures which show Jesus never considered himself equal to or as God.

Please consider these:

Matthew 27:46
John 17:3
John 8:17, 18
John 6:38
John 1:3, 14
Colossians 1:15, 16
Matthew 8:20
John 20
1 Cor 15:22-28  

Jehovah`s Witness

Carol Massey