Jehovah`s Witness/More JW Hypocrisy

Question
Hey Derrick,

It's me again.  I noticed that none of the JW experts attempted to explain why they continue to use many items from pagan origins in their traditions while they scream "Pagan!" at the cross and other things.  Since hypocrisy cannot be explained away, let's just assume they agree.

I wonder how they feel about the pagan use of the torture stake?  A stake or pole has a greater sexual and hence pagan connotation than the cross.  In Christian times the phallus was represented by the pole shaped Obelisk of the Egyptians and Romans and the Hindu Lingam. Sacred poles are often mentioned in the Bible, such as at Exodus 34:13;

"But their altars YOU people are to pull down, and their sacred pillars YOU are to shatter, and their sacred poles YOU are to cut down."

Jesus death on a stake mimics the ancient Sumerian myth of Inanna. Inanna descended into the nether world. There she was turned into a corpse by the seven judges and "the corpse was hung from a stake" for three days and nights. After this she was resurrected by the instructions of Enki, the god of fertility.

If a symbol should be rejected on the grounds of pagan roots, consider the symbol of the Watchtower Society.  The Watchtower is a Masonic symbol used as a representation of Mary Magdalene, Magdalene derived from the ancient Greek word for Watchtower. Watchtower is also used in Witchcraft to represent the four elements, invoked during ritual to cast the magic circle. The Watchtowers originated in the sixteenth century Enochian magic system.

So, am I to believe that JW's are a bunch of sex-craved witches?  That would be dumb, but I bet it would make those pagan weddings a sight to behold.

Jim

Answer
Good afternoon, Jim.  You know, you keep bringing out some amazing points here.  In fact, the 2 about the Watchtower symbol being pagan, and the torture stake having its origins as a phallic symbol, were ones that I brought out to Eddie in our conversations on the cross.  He hasn't chosen to really offer a good response to that, yet.  

And as you correctly pointed out, even the belief in a "messiah" being put to death and rising again, was something held by pagans.  In no way, does it diminish from the truth of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  

I like your question..."So, am I to believe that JW's are a bunch of sex-craved witches?" .  Of course, that is not something we would ever say, because it isn't true.  But they seem to have no problem spouting off, and CONTINUING to repeat, that "Christians worship the cross, and bow to it, and pray to it".  How are the supposed to convince people they have "the truth", when they are less honest than the ones they claim are liars?  

Anyway, thanks for your input.  It is very insightful, as always.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland