Jehovah`s Witness/need some help with these scriptures

QUESTION: Isaiah 63

American Standard Version (ASV)

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10 But they rebelled, and grieved his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and himself fought against them.

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit in the midst of them?

12 that caused his glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses? that divided the waters before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

13 that led them through the depths, as a horse in the wilderness, so that they stumbled not?

Who is the angel in verse 9, and who or what is the arm in verse 12?

ANSWER: Hi Benjamin from Florida,

Thank you for inquiring with All Experts.

Benjamin in times past, the Jews quickly lost appreciation for the things Jehovah did in their behalf. Appropriately, then, Isaiah reminds them of why Jehovah did such things. Isaiah declares: “The loving-kindnesses of Jehovah I shall mention, the praises of Jehovah, according to all that Jehovah has rendered to us, even the abundant goodness to the house of Israel that he has rendered to them according to his mercies and according to the abundance of his loving-kindnesses. And he went on to say: ‘Surely they are my people, sons that will not prove false.’ So it was to them that he came to be a Savior. During all their distress it was distressing to him. And his own personal messenger saved them. In his love and in his compassion he himself repurchased them, and he proceeded to lift them up and carry them all the days of long ago.”—Isaiah 63:7-9.

Now who is the personal messenger or angel who saved them?

Lets read Exodus 14:19 and it says, "Then the angel of the true God who was going ahead of the camp of Israel departed and went to their rear and the pillar of cloud departed and went to their van and stood in the rear of them. (NWT) for simplicity sake I used this version to understand better the verses.  

In Exodus 23:20 it adds, "Here I am sending and Angel ahead of you to keep your on the road to bring you into the place that I have prepared.

Now if let scripture interpret scripture we see that this angel is very pivotal as a messenger and as a spiritual being carrying out God's will especially when it came to Israel.

This angel out of all angels had a specific purpose. Why do we know this Benjamin? Well, if we read Exodus 32:34 says, "And now come to lead the people to where I have spoken to you of. (Now Jehovah) Look! My angel will go ahead of your and on the day of my brining punishment I shall certainly bring punishment upon them for their sin. (parenthesis mine)

Now when Moses passed away and passed-the-baton of leadership to Joshua there was a dispute between Satan and Michael, the Archangel. The same Archangel that led the Israelites out of Egypt was now having a dispute with Satan the Devil regarding Moses' deceased body. Why? Because Satan could use Moses to be revered and turn away the Israelites to worshipping of Jehovah God. Satan is a clever demon.

Now Michael could of destroyed Satan right there and then. Surely, he is the most powerful Angel in the spiritual realm. But some thing very odd happens Benjamin. In Jude 1:9, " But when Michael the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses' body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said, "May Jehovah rebuke you." So, instead of threating or admonishing Satan the Devil, the one who was the cause of mankind's woes, he dismisses him and just lets his Father, Jehovah handle him. Wow!

So now we can ascertain that Michael is the same angel that was with Israel the whole time guiding them, leading them in the wilderness, and was able to scrutinize them from 40 years while in the desert.

This is the same angel that helped Daniel and his people confront many challenges while Israel was kept in bonds of Babylon.

Daniel 10:21, "However, I shall tell you the things noted down in the writing of the truth, and there is non one holding strongly with me in these things but Michael and the prince of your people.

Daniel 12:1, "And during the time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of he sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nations until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every once who is found written down in the book.

Can we see the harmony between the angel that was given the assignment to lead Israel would also be the same angel who is Michael the Archangel of Jehovah? Something to think about it.

Isaiah 9:6, "For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7 To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.

Jesus Christ told his followers: “You must pray . . . this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.’” (Matthew 6:9, 10) That heavenly Kingdom—a government in the hands of Jesus Christ—is God’s means of expressing His rightful sovereignty over the earth.—Psalm 2:7-12; Daniel 7:13, 14.

The many facets of fear that affect every aspect of life today are a clear indication that divine intervention is needed. Happily, that intervention is near! Now enthroned by God as Messianic King, Jesus Christ is entrusted with authority to vindicate Jehovah’s sovereignty and sanctify His name. (Matthew 28:18) Soon, Kingdom rule will be directed to the earth to do away with all causes of fear and anxiety. Isaiah 9:6 cites credentials that show Jesus to be a worthy Ruler who can relieve us of our fears. For instance, he is called “Eternal Father,” “Wonderful Counselor,” and “Prince of Peace.”

Consider the endearing expression “Eternal Father.” As such, Jesus has the power and authority—as well as the desire—to give obedient humans the prospect of eternal life on earth by the merit of his ransom sacrifice. This means that they will finally be released from sin and imperfection inherited from the sinful first man, Adam. (Matthew 20:28; Romans 5:12; 6:23) Christ will also apply his God-given authority to bring back to life many who have died.—John 11:25, 26.

When on earth, Jesus proved to be the “Wonderful Counselor.” Because of his knowledge of God’s Word and his extraordinary understanding of human nature, Jesus knew how to solve the problems of daily life. Since his enthronement in heaven, Christ continues to be the “Wonderful Counselor,” serving as the principal figure in Jehovah’s channel of communication to mankind. Jesus’ counsel, recorded in the Bible, is always wise and flawless. Knowing and believing this can lead you to a life free of uncertainty and paralyzing fear.

Isaiah 9:6 also identifies Jesus as the “Prince of Peace.” In that capacity, Christ will soon use his power to remove all inequality—political, social, and economic. How? By bringing mankind under the one peaceful rule of the Messianic Kingdom.—Daniel 2:44.

Under Kingdom rule, lasting peace will prevail earth wide. Why can you be sure of this? The reason is revealed at Isaiah 11:9, where we read: “They [the Kingdom’s subjects] will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.” Eventually, every human on earth will have accurate knowledge of God and will be obedient to him. Does that prospect warm your heart? If it does, do not delay in taking in the precious “knowledge of Jehovah.”

You can avail yourself of the faith-building and life-giving knowledge of God by examining what the Bible really teaches about events of our day and the bright future promised in the Bible. We therefore urge you to avail yourself of the free Bible study program that Jehovah’s Witnesses offer in your community. This is a way to allay fear and find true hope in a world full of distress.

(Exodus 6:6-8) . . .“Therefore say to the sons of Israel, ‘I am Jehovah, and I shall certainly bring YOU out from under the burdens of the Egyptians and deliver YOU from their slavery, and I shall indeed reclaim YOU with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. 7 And I shall certainly take YOU to me as a people, and I shall indeed prove to be God to YOU; and YOU will certainly know that I am Jehovah YOUR God who is bringing YOU out from under the burdens of Egypt. 8 And I shall certainly bring YOU into the land that I raised my hand in oath to give to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; and I shall indeed give it to YOU as something to possess. I am Jehovah. . .

You asked Benjamin who's arm is this text referring to? As I said before, Let scripture interpret scripture.

(Exodus 6:6) 6 “Therefore say to the sons of Israel, ‘I am Jehovah, and I shall certainly bring YOU out from under the burdens of the Egyptians and deliver YOU from their slavery, and I shall indeed reclaim YOU with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. . .

(Exodus 15:16) . . .Fright and dread will fall upon them. Because of the greatness of your arm they will be motionless like a stone, Until your people pass by, O Jehovah, Until the people whom you have produced pass by.

(Deuteronomy 26:8-10) 8 Finally Jehovah brought us out of Egypt with a strong hand and an outstretched arm and with great fearsomeness and with signs and miracles. 9 Then he brought us to this place and gave us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 And now here I have brought the first fruits of the fruitage of the ground that Jehovah has given me.. . .

(Deuteronomy 4:34) Or did God attempt to come to take a nation to himself out of the midst of another nation with proving's, with signs and with miracles and with war and with a strong hand and with an outstretched arm and with great fearsomeness like all that Jehovah YOUR God has done for YOU in Egypt before your eyes?

Okay Benjamin, we have explored the way that scripture interprets scriptures towards your question. This is a new concept to soon but an old concept to old school Bible scholars. Indubitably, we see who the angel is and who the out stretch arm is. You have been a wonderful inquirer and a great man asking sincere and wholehearted truthful question. If you should need more information, please go to if you need any more information or you can ask any one of the wonderful men and woman here who dedicate their time gratuitously to help many who have the thirst for Bible knowledge.

Thank you my good friend. Your servant and Philia,

Brother David Drake DeLaurentos

QUESTION: Brother thank you for allowing scripture to interpret scripture,When we allow the Bible to be the final authority, and show that interpretation belongs to God and not man, and in this way uphold Jehovahs sovereignty.I have asked this question to many Baptized Jehovah Christian Witnesses on this sight,at least the ones who claim to be active and in good standing.As a testing of spirits,I must say with the exception of a couple who were just to busy with other things i assume to really dig deep into this treasure trove,of Gods word.You all speak in agreement,and power...
        "Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.1Cor:1:10
         "On account of this I bend my knees to the Father, 15 to whom every family in heaven and on earth owes its name, 16 to the end that he may grant YOU according to the riches of his glory to be made mighty in the man YOU are inside with power through his spirit, 17 to have the Christ dwell through [YOUR] faith in YOUR hearts with love; that YOU may be rooted and established on the foundation, 18 in order that YOU may be thoroughly able to grasp mentally with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of the Christ which surpasses knowledge, that YOU may be filled with all the fullness that God gives."Eph 3:14-19
May Jehovah continue to give you his spirit of power and discernment,Benjamin...

On behalf of the All Expert panel, we would like to say thank you but all the accolades, respect, honor, true knowledge and power go to Jehovah and His son. We all put our time in (no one gets paid) to help any one who sincerely wants to learn about Our Creator Jehovah God. We thank Him always because if it wasn't for Him with his undeserved kindness and patience, we would not be here.

Thank you again.

Bro. D.Drake et al.

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer

Please Don't Forget That the Conmemoration of Christ's Death is March 23, 2016 after sundown. Please go to your local Kingdom Hall to participate in his memory of what his death meant for mankind. Also, Pease be advised that you can go to www, for more information and or see our videos My heart has been with Jehovah God for over thirty years and in good standing with my congregation. I believe that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is Governing Body as well as the Domestic who feed off the NWT Holy Scriptured as the tools of implementation, direction, dissemination of which Jesus Christ uses. My purpose is to answer almost any question on religious and spiritually related subject matter. Much of my resources are from the Watchtower and Awake plus other scholarly journals. Please let the inquiry be base on the person’s earnest, honesty and whole-hearted approach combined with good faith. Let the inquirer humbly seek answers to further their knowledge of scriptures, culture, and overall increase his or her relationship with our Creator. Our relationship through this inquiry will not involve bashing, discrediting, or dishonoring other informational providers on this forum or any other forum and/or religion. I will quote from sources if possible and provide their information on this forum. Please refrain from aggressive, negative and non-productive discussion that hinders our progress of understanding and appreciating our Creator’s word, The Holy Scriptures/ Bible.

I am an active Jehovah's Witness and have been disciplined with over 30 years of bible based knowledge with informational data to support biblical history and culture as well as giving credit to my creator. Im very familiar with the organization and its history and will to the best of my ability answer it's past and present status. I, as well as the organization, am currently researching new information as more research comes to light or refined. Many subjects dealing with the Holy Scriptures are becoming clearer and thus being disseminated to those who want to be taught. If during our uplifting discussion, I have erred in reasoning or in presenting the information, I will apologize sincerely. I will not allow my knowledge or sinful tendencies of pride to cloud my judgment. The first step in any discussion is recognizing our humility and imperfect state in this world and that all that is spoken is derived from our Creator, Jehovah God.

My main organization tie is to the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. I also belong to othe secular organizations that are related to my psychology field.

My publications have appeared in many medias locally and nationally.,

I have a Masters in Criminal Forensic Psychology and have been teaching other related subject matters on for over 20 years. In addition, I have been teaching secular and theological based information for over 20 years as well. Im well versed in human behavior and social aspects of religious dedication. I'm also astute in criminal behavior as well with criminal mind. I was a law enforcement officer and a probation officer for half of my life.

All honors and awards go to my God.

My past and current clients are confidential because of the privacy issues that I must uphold.