Jehovah`s Witness/Your opinion please.

Question
DW

I'd like your opinion on this letter to Derrick Holland

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/2013/9/credibiltiy-watchtower.

I know you haven't been here for a while you were sorely missed:-)

Answer
Hi mate

Thanks for writing

You know I will make a general reply here to the situation and letters of this nature. Then of course if you have a specific question regard any of Derricks comments then I'm happy to address that.

The fact is this highlights the danger or at least the unfairness of people like Derrick being on the board. You know he just doesn't know how to answer questions of this nature.

Now the main point or accusation I got from the letter is this accusation that we contradict ourselves. But the reality is we really don't. The importance is always on context. Just because Derrick or anyone else doesn't understand what certain quotes mean or can't understand the context. It doesn't mean we're contradicting ourselves it just means that we don't mean what you think we mean. There's an alternative explanation to what you think we are saying. Very much like the Bible. How many people say "the Bible contradicts itself" when the reality is, it really doesn't. It just doesn't mean what you think it means. There's ton's of examples of that being the case.

But Derrick doesn't really ever grasp that point just as an example he made this statement in his reply

<<<<<<<<<<< Now, they can SAY that the Bible is the final word, yet Jesus made a clear statement in the Bible that settles this issue....

John 2:19-21-  "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

But he spake of the temple of his body.

Now, this is clear enough for anyone who wants a straightforward answer to that question, from the Bible.  Jesus told them that if they "destroy this temple", that He would "raise it in 3 days".  They thought He was referring to the literal temple building, so verse 21 explains that Jesus was speaking of His BODY, as the temple>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Derrick say's it's a clear statement that Jesus was talking of his body as a temple(meaning his literal body). But how does he work out that it's clear he was talking about his literal body?? Alternatively he could be talking about his body and the temple in a spiritual sense. I mean think about it when you think of the "Body of Christ" do you think literal or spiritual?? I automatically think spiritual and for a very good reason a scriptural reason. So straight away on that fact alone Derrick's claim that "this is a clear statement about Jesus literal body"  is really an ignorant statement.

This is why I say Derrick really doesn't know how to answer questions of this nature, he can just agree with the questioner rather than make the questioner think along a different line. He doesn't have the ability to think of an alternative point of view. I don't mean that to insult him It's really just the reality of members of Christendom. They're incredibly closed minded and it's a shame to see.

If the questioner had written to me I would have basically said something along these lines "Some witnesses do think the Watchtower is inspired but the reality is they are wrong and these witnesses don't study like they should"

This is really the danger. There are millions of witnesses who have the wrong idea about the pages of the Watchtower, the governing body, the Elders and one or two other things and it's the Ex-witnesses(apostates)that target these ones in an effort to shipwreck their faith. The reality is these apostates where also these type of witnesses who had the wrong idea about these things and that's the main reason they are no longer witnesses. So they think all witnesses are the same as they where. It's kind of a vicious circle.

I think you also have to question the person who wrote to Derrick. I kind of ask myself "why write to Derrick ??"

If they thought they had some sort of argument or at least genuine question, surely they would write to one of the genuine witnesses on the board. Of course they may not have read Derrick's profile.If that's the case then Derrick should ask himself if it's really fair that he hasn't given a Jehovah's witness the opportunity to defend their belief personally and if he should even be here. But that's up to Derrick to think about. I know what I think on that subject, I think it's clear.

I don't want to get drawn into a war of words with Derrick again, but I'm entitled to call it as I see it and then let others make up their own mind on the subject.

But here's the main point. Just because many witnesses mistakenly think the Watchtower is inspired, how does this disqualify us from having the truth??. That's what it's really all about we can all get tied up with with issues of irrelevance but this is about who has the truth and who hasn't. Absolutely nothing but the Bible answers that question.

1 John 4" Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world"

Anyway look as I said if you have a specific question on any of Derrick's comments you can write to me again.

Take Care

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW