Jehovah`s Witness/SEX ABUSE

Question
Hi Ed

Why JWs are hiding this kind of FACT?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/calif-jury-awards-28m-in-_n_1602997.htm

Looking forward

Answer
Hi Dave,

Crime of this sort is one the most heinous of all crimes as it affects everyone in a community especially, ESPECIALLY the victim - for life! And sadly we live in world that is "under the power of the wicked one" (1 John 5:19). Thus no one is immune to such detestable act. Then add to this the sinful imperfect flesh prone to wickedness and a heart that is treacherous. So our struggle no matter what it is magnified tenfold in one form or another as Paul explains:

“For we know that the Law is spiritual; but I am fleshly, sold under sin. 15 For what I am working out I do not know. For what I wish, this I do not practice; but what I hate is what I do. 16 However, if what I do not wish is what I do, I agree that the Law is fine. 17 But now the one working it out is no longer I, but sin that resides in me. 18 For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, there dwells nothing good; for ability to wish is present with me, but ability to work out what is fine is not [present]. 19 For the good that I wish I do not do, but the bad that I do not wish is what I practice. 20 If, now, what I do not wish is what I do, the one working it out is no longer I, but the sin dwelling in me. 21 I find, then, this law in my case: that when I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. 22 I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, 23 but I behold in my members another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my members. 24 Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death?  (Romans 7:14-24)

Such is the plight of man.

But:

" Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with [my] mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with [my] flesh to sin’s law.” (Romans 7:24)

ONLY with the help of God's holy spirit will a person be victorious against such works of the flesh.

“But I say, Keep walking by spirit and YOU will carry out no fleshly desire at all.” (Galatians 5:16)

In any case, anyone committing such heinous crime must be reported and punished to the full extent of the law - ESPECIALLY if one professes to be a servant of the most high God Jehovah!

But sadly, since the system in which we live in is also a product of imperfect man, thus justice sometimes and oftentimes are not applied accordingly. There are crimes of this nature that go unreported due to various circumstances and the victim suffers in agony in silence throughout their lives. In fact there are places in the world even today where children are victimized by their own governments due to religious beliefs. Children at such young ages are forced to do things beyond imagination, especially young girls who taken in by adults as slaves or wives. Imagine that 8, 9, 10 12 year old children being forced to marry a stranger because of religious traditions. Some sell their children to become sex objects and prostitutes. What a sick sick world we live in. IT MUST BE DESTROYED!

And soon Jehovah God will deal with this malignant cancer plaguing mankind when he fulfills his promise:

“21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”” (Revelation 21:1-4)

Imagine that "The former things have passed away.” God promises.

“And the very ones redeemed by Jehovah will return and certainly come to Zion with a joyful cry; and rejoicing to time indefinite will be upon their head. To exultation and rejoicing they will attain, and grief and sighing must flee away.” (Isaiah 35:10)

“And I will be joyful in Jerusalem and exult in my people; and no more will there be heard in her the sound of weeping or the sound of a plaintive cry.”” (Isaiah 65:19)

What was done in the past will be forgotten forever!

Now as for your statement:

Why JWs are hiding this kind of FACT?

The fact that IT WAS PLAINLY reported all over the news, gives no evidence of your accusation.

In fact our record on this plain for all to see as we go from door to door giving comfort and warning to all about this heinous crime.

As proof that JW take this very very seriously please read the following articles from the Watchtower and Awake magazines (if truth is what you're really seeking).

Here are just some of many many articles written to fight such heinous crime and for those victimized by it. Just to let me know if you need these articles and I will personally email / mail them to you.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102007362?q=sex+abuse&p=par

snipit:

"In today’s world children need to know that there are some people who want to touch children or get children to touch them in ways that are wrong. These warnings need not fill children with fear or make them distrust all adults. “It’s just a safety message,” says Heather. “And it’s one message among many others, most of them having nothing to do with abuse. It hasn’t made my son fearful at all.”

Your child’s education should include a balanced view of obedience. Teaching a child to obey is an important and difficult lesson. (Colossians 3:20) However, such lessons can go too far. If a child is taught that he must always obey any adult, regardless of the circumstances, he is vulnerable to abuse. Molesters are quick to notice when children are overly compliant. Wise parents teach their children that obedience is relative. For Christians, that is not as complicated as it may sound. It simply means saying to them: “If anybody tells you to do something that Jehovah God says is wrong, you don’t have to do it. Even Mommy or Daddy should never tell you to do something that Jehovah says is wrong. And you can always tell either Mommy or Daddy if someone tries to get you to do something wrong....." - end quote

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005243?q=molesters&p=par

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102007363?q=molest&p=par

*** g92 4/8 pp. 24-27 “I Wept for Joy” ***

“I Wept for Joy”

Readers Express Deep Appreciation for “Healing the Wounds of Child Abuse”

A RECENT series of articles in the Awake! magazine moved many readers from all over the world to express their heartfelt appreciation for the cover series “Healing the Wounds of Child Abuse” in the October 8th, 1991, Awake! Their responses have shown that this carefully prepared material accomplished its purpose, which was threefold: (1) to provide understanding and hope for the victims; (2) to warn parents so they can be vigilant about the safety of their children; (3) to help elders who assist abuse victims to be better informed so that they can give more effective assistance.—Proverbs 21:13; compare 27:23.
A theme that was repeated by many readers was typified by this comment: “I have always appreciated being one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. However, my appreciation and love for Jehovah and his ‘faithful and discreet slave’ (Matthew 24:45-47) have been increased a hundredfold after reading the October 8, 1991, issue of Awake!”

“Jehovah Really Understands and Cares Deeply”

A large number expressed gratitude for a most important aspect of the articles: that God listens, cares, knows that the victim was not at fault, and can provide healing. A reader states: “Thanks from the bottom of my heart for the October 8th Awake! Your articles helped me by showing me that Jehovah really understands and cares deeply.”—Britain.

A woman writes: “Some months ago I wanted to ask you to write about the matter of healing the wounds of child abuse. I did not write but instead prayed to Jehovah about it. You can imagine, then, why I was so delighted when I saw the cover of the October 8th issue. I broke into tears, and thanked our loving God, Jehovah, from the bottom of my heart.”—Greece.

Another says: “When I think about what I had to go through, I cry bitterly. That is why I have read with particular attention the series about ‘Healing the Wounds of Child Abuse,’ which I have found to be extremely useful. They show clearly that you have loving interest in ones who have had to suffer such things in their lives.”—Italy.

Many expressed this thought: “I thank Jehovah for providing this information, the best articles I have ever read on the topic. I pray this will help not only the victims (survivors) but also those who have had this morbid fear of addressing the issue and found it difficult to talk about the subject.”—United States.

“I Feel Life Is Worthwhile Now”

A woman whose daughter was abused had not yet come to terms with the problem of that abuse. “But your articles put me on the right track,” she explained. “I’ve been having therapy weekly for 11 months for anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. Those articles did more for me than all the therapy in the world! I feel life is worthwhile now, whereas before reading the issue, I still felt guilty for something I could not prevent.”—Britain.

Many said that the information was a turning point in their lives: “I can’t begin to thank you enough for the articles. They came when I was at about the lowest point I can ever remember. Some days I would curl up in a ball and sob. Thanks to these articles, which I have read and reread, I can see that my pain, and everyone’s pain, is important to Jehovah and his organization. This information has given me the will to begin healing. I already feel closer to Jehovah again.”—United States.

But child abuse is not only a Western problem, as this sample shows: “When I received the October 8th issue on child abuse, I immediately read it. It took considerable time for me to read the articles because of having difficulty seeing the words through my tears! My feelings and thoughts were right there in the articles. Now I feel happy that somebody understands. I was encouraged to see how Jehovah kindly helps people whose suffering is unseen by others. I am truly grateful that you published these articles. To heal my wounds, I will go on applying what is written in the articles. With love and feelings of gratitude beyond words.”—Japan.

Another writes: “I have been contending with the wounds of child abuse all my life. When I got the October 8th magazine, I reasoned that Jehovah knows what we need even before we do and that he really loves us. I could hardly see for the flood of tears, and my heart felt as though it were about to burst for love and appreciation for our loving heavenly Father. This October 8th issue is a magazine that I will treasure ‘till the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.’” (Isaiah 65:17)—United States.

“I Have Been Let Out of Prison!”

A woman deeply troubled much of her life writes: “Thank you for the articles on child abuse. At last, at 53 years of age, I have been let out of prison! The unlocking key for me was the sentence that shows that these young victims ‘are powerless to defend themselves when threatened, so God does not hold them responsible.’” Reading the October 8th Awake! and understanding that as the magazine stated, “IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!” helped her to apply Jesus’ ransom sacrifice in beginning her healing process.—Britain.
Another woman says: “From the time I was small until my early years in elementary school, I was sexually molested repeatedly. As mentioned in the articles, I escaped mentally. However, the memories kept coming back. I have always thought: ‘I am a dirty person. Jehovah would never accept me.’ So my prayer to God has always been: ‘You may not give me a place in Paradise, but at least please let me stay within your organization until I die.’ This is because of thinking, like those victims mentioned in the articles, that ‘I’m not really clean enough to be in God’s Kingdom’ and that my death would be at Armageddon. It was as if feelings of shame and wretchedness were crushing me to death. Thus, the contents of the articles, which were very warm and gentle, helped me a great deal. As I read them, my tears flowed.”—Japan.
Another says: “I want to thank you for your sensitive and well-researched articles. For years, the trauma of abuse had fragmented my inner self. It is easy for many to understand the abuse and torture of war and political turmoil. We understand Holocaust survivors. Evil perpetrated by strangers is easier to digest. Yet why do some not comprehend it when the perpetrators are our own fathers, mothers, uncles, sisters, brothers—those who were to comfort, nurture, and protect us? I have seen my own scars and have known the shattering reality of hopelessness. In my healing it has been my spiritual Father, Jehovah, who has time and time again picked up my shattered self, keeping me from annihilation.”—United States.
“I’ve Suddenly Come to Life!”

A woman who says that for 28 long years she felt as if she had been discarded wrote: “I read straight through the articles the evening I received the issue and shed tears because I was so moved and grateful. I am so happy to think that Jehovah so clearly understands my feelings. I feel as if I’ve suddenly come to life! Because the articles stress that children in that position bear no responsibility for what happens, I realize that I have no reason at all to reproach myself. My mind has truly been put to rest.” Her heart was moved to respond to healing from God’s Word.—Japan.

Child rape is also a problem in developing countries, as is evident by this similar response from Africa: “The articles came at a time when I needed them most. What a relief to read statements such as, ‘be assured that there is hope, that you can recover’ and, ‘IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!’ As I read the articles, I felt really safe and comforted for the first time in my life. They brought real consolation to my mind, soul, and body. Now I will have the strength to travel the road toward full recovery.”—Nigeria.
Another writes: “Words cannot express my appreciation and how I felt after reading the October 8th Awake! on child abuse. Tears filled my eyes as I read every paragraph, every page, every scripture. It was written with much thought, tenderness, and love. As a victim, I have been struggling with my feelings and emotions. Now I feel that a measure of the burden of grief has been lifted. Thanks to your articles and to a trusted, patient friend who listens and gives me support, I can let the healing begin.” The God of all undeserved kindness, through the priestly service of his Son, is making many such victims “firm” and “strong.” (1 Peter 5:6-11)—United States.

One incest victim was so distraught that she tried to kill herself by setting a garage on fire while she was in there. She was rescued and hospitalized. As soon as the October 8th issue came out, it was brought to her. She cried hard when she read it, and then went over the articles again and again for support, helping her to overcome suicidal tendencies. A friend of hers who helped her a great deal wrote: “Sometimes I think Awake! should be renamed Cope because that’s sure what it’s helping us to do.”—United States.
“Some Can Forget, Others Cannot”

Another appreciative reader has this to say: “The articles on child abuse are so balanced. I appreciate the scriptures used. These articles are so well written that I could commend you on it paragraph by paragraph. I am grateful that you showed that though some can forget, others cannot. I have been having flashbacks for three years and the physical pains that go with each memory. But it does get better by learning to deal with the flashbacks. Thank you again for such a wonderfully balanced series.” (United States) These Scriptural articles have helped this victim, and many others, once again to rejoice in Jehovah’s spiritual provisions.—Philippians 4:4-9.

“I have been a reader of Awake! magazine for years,” writes one woman. “However, I have never been more touched by an article than by the magazine series entitled ‘Healing the Wounds of Child Abuse.’ The subject is a difficult one, but you handled it with tact and loving-kindness. Having been an abused child myself, it helped and comforted me immensely. I will save this magazine so that I can read it over often. I really cannot thank you enough for the time, effort, insight, and most of all the love you’ve shown for those who suffer in a quiet way.”—United States.

Facing Reality

It has proved very helpful to victims who cannot forget the crimes committed against them to be allowed to talk with a sympathetic elder, face the problem realistically, see how Jehovah views the matter, and deal with it Scripturally so that healing in the power of Jesus’ ransom can take place. In this regard, a woman states:

“I cannot express just how timely the articles were. I really couldn’t believe how accurate the information was. I have suffered depression and bulimia for 20 years, looking for help and answers everywhere: psychiatrists, psychologists, medical doctors, group therapy, weight-loss clinics—all a dead end for me.
“But now I am finding help through information such as that found in the October 8th issue. It is desperately needed. I can’t tell you the feelings of hopelessness that I have at times, so overwhelming that death would seem a relief. But now I can see that what happened to me as a child wasn’t my fault, that God doesn’t think I’m dirty. I was a victim. Because of information such as this, I see that Jehovah does care, that I can trust him. After 33 years of life, I feel Jehovah’s spirit beginning to unlock the chains of bondage. Thanks for loving us enough to put the effort into such a wonderful gem as this Awake! Please continue to publish this type of articles and others, as they are vital for our spirituality.”
The following letter from one man sums up the feeling of many. He had suffered more than 50 years of anguish because of being abused as a child. He says: “Jehovah’s loving care through his earthly organization never ceases to amaze us and inspire ever deeper devotion and trust in him. After carefully studying the information in the October 8th, 1991, Awake! on child abuse, I wept for joy and sang song after song to Jehovah, rock and fortress, our refuge. Keep those articles coming, brothers. Jehovah is using you in ways you can never imagine.”

From Overseers

Of interest is this letter from a traveling overseer who supervises the activity of a number of congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses:

“Thank you for the October 8th Awake! on ‘Healing the Wounds of Child Abuse.’ Excellent information was presented that we really need. The articles were very accurate. I have observed time and again that victims have a very difficult time relating to Jehovah as a loving Father. When I see this difficulty, I ask them discreetly, ‘Were you mistreated as a child?’ The great majority of the time, the answer is yes! In every instance where the person was able to see the connection between the abuse and the way their current depression or turmoil affects them, they began to improve.”

Summing up how many elders feel is this brief comment by another: “The October 8th issue on child abuse was excellent and needed. As elders in the congregations, we need to know as much as we can about these problems so as to show the concern and patience the victims need. As this system gets worse, these types of problems are getting more common. Thank you again for the help.”

It has warmed our hearts to receive such letters. Coming fully to appreciate that ‘it was not their fault,’ and as a result of the transforming power of God’s Word, such victims of child abuse cope with unhappy memories. They rejoice in the hope ahead, confident that in God’s new world, “the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.” (Isaiah 65:17; Romans 12:12) Even now, through the healing power of Jesus’ blood, they have a clean standing with God. (Hebrews 9:14) And they need to turn to the elders for help. These elders can act as “a hiding place from the wind” to those in need, speaking consolingly and praying with them. (Isaiah 32:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:14; James 5:14, 15) Thus, abuse victims can be helped to move forward and find joy in all the activities of the Christian congregation....." - end quote

*** g91 10/8 pp. 4-6 The Secret Wounds of Child Abuse ***
The Secret Wounds of Child Abuse

“I just hate myself. I keep thinking there’s something I should have done, should have said to stop it. I just feel so dirty.”—Ann.

“I feel alienated from people. I often deal with feelings of hopelessness and despair. Sometimes I want to die.”—Jill.

“CHILDHOOD sexual abuse is . . . an overwhelming, damaging, and humiliating assault on a child’s mind, soul, and body . . . The abuse invades every facet of one’s existence.” So says The Right to Innocence, by Beverly Engel.

Not all children react to abuse in the same way. Children have different personalities, coping skills, and emotional resources. Much also depends on the child’s relationship to the abuser, the severity of the abuse, how long the abuse lasted, the child’s age, and other factors. Furthermore, if the abuse is exposed and a child receives loving adult support, damage can often be minimized. However, many victims suffer deep emotional wounds.

Why It Devastates

The Bible offers insight into why such damage occurs. Ecclesiastes 7:7 observes: “Mere oppression may make a wise one act crazy.” If this is true for an adult, imagine the effect of brutal oppression on a small child—particularly if the abuser is a trusted parent. After all, the first few years of life are critical to a child’s emotional and spiritual development. (2 Timothy 3:15) It is during those tender years that a youngster begins developing moral boundaries and a sense of personal worth. By bonding to her parents, a child also learns the meaning of love and trust.—Psalm 22:9.

“With abused children,” explains Dr. J. Patrick Gannon, “this process of trust building gets derailed.” The abuser betrays the child’s trust; he robs her of any semblance of safety, privacy, or self-respect and uses her as a mere object for his own self-gratification. Small children do not understand the significance of the immoral acts being forced upon them, but almost universally they find the experience upsetting, frightening, humiliating.

Childhood abuse has thus been called “the ultimate betrayal.” We are reminded of Jesus’ question: “Who is the man among you whom his son asks for bread—he will not hand him a stone, will he?” (Matthew 7:9) But the abuser gives a child, not love and affection, but the cruelest “stone” of all—sexual assault.

Why the Wounds Persist

Proverbs 22:6 says: “Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it.” Clearly, parental influence can last a lifetime. What, though, if a child is trained to believe that she is powerless to prevent sexual intrusion? Trained to perform perversions in exchange for “love”? Trained to view herself as worthless and dirty? Could not that lead to a lifetime of destructive behavior? Not that childhood abuse excuses later inappropriate adult conduct, but it can help explain why abuse victims may tend to act or feel a certain way.

Many abuse victims suffer an array of symptoms, including depression. Some also seethe with persistent and at times overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, and rage. Other victims may suffer emotional shutdown, an inability to express or even feel emotion. Low self-esteem and feelings of powerlessness also afflict many. Sally, who was abused by her uncle, recalls: “Each time he molested me I felt powerless and frozen, numb, stiff, confused. Why was this happening?” Reports psychologist Cynthia Tower: “Studies show that often people who were abused as children will carry through life a perception of themselves as a victim.” They may marry an abusive man, project an air of vulnerability, or feel powerless to defend themselves when threatened.

Normally, children have 12 years or so to prepare for the emotions that awaken during puberty. But when lewd acts are forced upon a young child, she may be overwhelmed by the feelings aroused. As one study showed, this may later impede her ability to enjoy marital intimacies. Confesses a victim named Linda: “I find the sexual side of marriage to be the hardest thing in my life. I get the most dreadful sensation that it is my father there, and I get panicky.” Other victims may react in just the opposite way and develop compulsive immoral desires. “I led a promiscuous life and would end up having sexual relations with complete strangers,” admits Jill.

Abuse victims may also have difficulty in maintaining healthy relationships. Some simply cannot relate to men or to authority figures. Some will sabotage friendships and marriages by becoming abusive or controlling. Yet others tend to avoid close relationships entirely.

There are even victims who turn their destructive feelings on themselves. “I hated my body because it had responded to the stimulation of the abuse,” admits Reba. Tragically, eating disorders, workaholism, alcohol and drug abuse, are common among abuse victims—desperate attempts to bury their feelings. Some may also act out their self-hatred in more direct ways. “I have cut myself, dug my fingernails into my arms, burned myself,” adds Reba. “I felt I deserved to be abused.”

Do not jump to the conclusion, however, that anyone who feels or acts in such ways has necessarily been abused sexually. Other physical or emotional factors may be involved. For example, experts say that similar symptoms are common among adults raised in dysfunctional families—where their parents battered them, belittled and humiliated them, ignored their physical needs, or where the parents were drug or alcohol addicts.

Spiritual Damage

The most insidious effect of all that childhood abuse can wreak is the potential spiritual damage. Molestation is a “defilement of flesh and spirit.” (2 Corinthians 7:1) By performing perverted acts on a child, by violating her physical and moral boundaries, by betraying her trust, an abuser contaminates a child’s spirit, or dominant mental inclination. This can later impede the victim’s moral and spiritual growth.

The book Facing Codependence, by Pia Mellody, further notes: “Any serious abuse . . . is also spiritual abuse, because it taints the child’s trust of a Higher Power.” For example, a Christian woman named Ellen asks: “How can I think of Jehovah as a Father when I have this concept of a cruel, raging man for an earthly father?” Says another victim, named Terry: “I never related to Jehovah as a Father. As God, Lord, Sovereign, Creator, yes! But as Father, no!”

Such individuals are not necessarily spiritually weak or lacking in faith. On the contrary, their persistent efforts to follow Bible principles give evidence of spiritual strength! But imagine how some might feel when they read a Bible text such as Psalm 103:13, which says: “As a father shows mercy to his sons, Jehovah has shown mercy to those fearing him.” Some may grasp this intellectually. Yet, without a healthy concept of what a father is, it may be hard for them to respond to this text emotionally!
Some may also find it difficult to be “like a young child” before God—vulnerable, humble, trusting. They may hold back their true feelings from God when praying. (Mark 10:15) They may hesitate to apply to themselves the words of David at Psalm 62:7, 8: “Upon God are my salvation and my glory. My strong rock, my refuge is in God. Trust in him at all times, O people. Before him pour out your heart. God is a refuge for us.” Feelings of guilt and unworthiness may even undermine their faith. One victim said: “I believe in Jehovah’s Kingdom very much. However, I don’t really feel I’m good enough to be there.”

Of course, not all victims are affected the same way. Some have been drawn to Jehovah as a loving Father and feel no obstacle at all in relating to him. Whatever the case, if you are a victim of childhood sexual abuse, you may find it of great value to discern how it has affected your life. Some may be content to let matters rest. However, if it appears to you that the damage is significant, take heart. Your wounds can be healed.

[Footnotes]

Our discussion focuses on what the Bible calls por·nei′a, or fornication. (1 Corinthians 6:9; compare Leviticus 18:6-22.) This includes all forms of immoral intercourse. Other abusive acts, such as exhibitionism, voyeurism, and exposure to pornography, while not por·nei′a, may also damage a child emotionally.

Since children tend to trust adults, abuse by a trusted family member, older sibling, family friend, or even by a stranger also constitutes a devastating betrayal of trust.
See Awake! of December 22, 1990. --end quote

*** g 10/07 pp. 4-5 How to Protect Your Children *** (snipit)

How to Protect Your Children

FEW of us want to dwell on the subject of sexual abuse of children. Parents shudder at the very thought of it! Such abuse, however, is a frightening and unpleasant reality in today’s world, and its effects on children can be devastating. Is the matter worth considering? Well, what would you be willing to give for the sake of your child’s safety? Learning about the unpleasant realities of abuse is surely a small price to pay. Such knowledge can really make a difference.

Do not let the plague of abuse rob you of your courage. At the very least, you have power that your child does not have—strengths that it will take years, even decades, for your child to gain. The passing years have brought you a fund of knowledge, experience, and wisdom. The key is to enhance those strengths and put them to use in protecting your child. We will discuss three basic steps that every parent can take. They are as follows: (1) Become your child’s first line of defense against abuse, (2) give your child some needed background education, and (3) equip your child with some basic protective tools.
Are You the First Line of Defense?

The primary responsibility for protecting children against abuse belongs to parents, not to children. So educating parents comes before educating children. If you are a parent, there are a few things you need to know about child abuse. You need to know who abuse children and how they go about it. Parents often think of molesters as strangers who lurk in the shadows, seeking ways to kidnap and rape children. Such monsters certainly do exist. The news media bring them to our attention very often. However, they are relatively rare. In about 90 percent of the cases of sexual abuse of a child, the perpetrator is someone the child already knows and trusts....." - end quote

*** g93 10/8 p. 10 Prevention in the Home *** (snipit)

Prevention in the Home

Monique was nine years old when he started abusing her. He began by spying on her as she undressed; then he started visiting her room at night and touching her private parts. When she resisted him, he was furious. Once he even attacked her with a hammer and threw her down a flight of stairs. “No one would believe me,” Monique recalls—not even her mother. The abuser was Monique’s stepfather.
IT IS NOT the stranger in a trench coat, the loner lurking in the bushes, who poses the greatest threat to children. It is a member of the family. The vast majority of sexual abuse occurs in the home. So how can the home be made more resistant to abuse?
In his book Slaughter of the Innocents, historian Dr. Sander J. Breiner examines the evidence of child abuse in five ancient societies—Egypt, China, Greece, Rome, and Israel. He concludes that while abuse did exist in Israel, it was relatively rare compared to the other four civilizations. Why? Unlike their neighbors, the people in Israel were taught to have respect for women and children—an enlightened view they owed to the Holy Scriptures. When the Israelites applied divine law to family life, they prevented child abuse. Today’s families need these clean, practical standards more than ever...." - end quote

*** g91 10/8 pp. 7-8 “A Time to Heal” ***

“A Time to Heal”

Ann was everyone’s shoulder to cry on; a rescuer of anyone with a problem. Poised and impeccable in appearance, she gave not even a hint of having secret emotional wounds, until one day she began to remember. “I was at work,” recalls Ann, “and I started getting pains and intense feelings of shame. I could hardly stand up! For days I suffered. Then a memory came back of my stepfather molesting me—really, it was rape. And it was not the only time.”

THERE is “a time to heal.” (Ecclesiastes 3:3) And for many victims of childhood abuse—like Ann—the emergence of long-buried memories is an important part of the healing process.

How, though, could anyone forget something as traumatic as sexual assault? Consider how helpless a child is against the advances of a father or of some other powerful adult. She cannot run. She dare not scream. And she dare not tell—anyone! Yet, she may have to face her abuser every day and act as if nothing happened. Maintaining such a pretense would be difficult for an adult; it is nearly impossible for a child. So she uses the tremendous imagination with which children are endowed and escapes mentally! She pretends the abuse didn’t happen, blanking it out or numbing her senses to it.

Actually, from time to time, all of us block out things we don’t want to see or hear. (Compare Jeremiah 5:21.) But abuse victims use this ability as a tool of survival. Some victims report: “I pretended it was happening to someone else and I was just a spectator.” “I pretended I was asleep.” “I did my math problems in my head.”—Strong at the Broken Places, by Linda T. Sanford.

Not surprisingly, then, the book Surviving Child Sexual Abuse claims: “It is estimated that up to 50 per cent of survivors of child sexual abuse are not aware of these experiences.” Some, though, may recall the abuse itself but block out the feelings connected with it—the pain, the rage, the shame.

Repression—Tug-of-War in the Mind

Is it not best, then, that these things stay buried—that victims simply forget about them? Some may well choose to do so. Others simply cannot. It is as Job 9:27, 28 says: “If I smile and try to forget my pain, all my suffering comes back to haunt me.” (Today’s English Version) The repression of frightening memories is an exhausting mental effort, a ferocious game of tug-of-war that may even have serious health consequences.

As a victim gets older, the pressures of life often weaken her ability to repress the past. A whiff of cologne, a familiar-looking face, a startling sound, or even an examination by a doctor or a dentist may trigger a frightening onslaught of memories and feelings. Should she not simply try harder to forget? At this point many victims find relief in trying to remember! Says a woman named Jill: ‘Once the memories are brought out, they lose their power. To keep them in is more painful and dangerous than to dispose of them.’...end quote

Here's also an honest investigation done against such accusations (I don't know who made it as I found it during my researched of this topic).

http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/Betterpolicy.html
(browse through it as it contains several chapters)

Now Dave, if you're still convinced of your accusation of JW's after going over some of the information I've provided then what more to say but you have a HIDDEN agenda.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Eddie G