Jehovah`s Witness/a testing of spirits

QUESTION: Isaiah 63

American Standard Version (ASV)

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10 But they rebelled, and grieved his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and himself fought against them.

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit in the midst of them?

12 that caused his glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses? that divided the waters before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

13 that led them through the depths, as a horse in the wilderness, so that they stumbled not?

Who is the angel in verse 9, and who or what is the arm in verse 12?

ANSWER: Hello and thanks for writing,

Isaiah 63:9-12 refers to when Jehovah delivered the Israelites from Egypt but they did not remain faithful to Jehovah even after all that he did for them.

In verse 9 the angel here is referring to the one Jehovah used in many instances to carry out His will.  His beloved son Jesus Christ!

Exodus 14:19 (ASV)"And the angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud removed from before them, and stood behind them"

Exodus 23:20 (ASV) "Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee by the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared."

Neh 9:12 (ASV) "Moreover in a pillar of cloud thou leddest them by day; and in a pillar of fire by night, to give them light in the way wherein they should go."

1 Cor. 10:1-4 (ASV) "For I would not, brethren, have you ignorant, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and did all eat the same spiritual food; 4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them: and the rock was Christ."

Now in verse 12

Arm is referred in the Bible in different ways, one is regarding strength and power and since Jesus was used by God in carrying out his divine will, Jesus can also be referred to as Jehovah's arm in some instances.

A limb of the human body. The Hebrew and Greek terms for “arm” (zeroh′aʽ; bra·khi′on) are often used figuratively in the Bible to represent the ability to exert strength or power. (Ge 49:24, ftn; Job 22:8, ftn; compare Lu 1:51.) The “arm” of Jehovah God is immeasurably powerful, able to do marvelous creative works. (Jer 27:5; 32:17) By his “arm” Jehovah also rules (Isa 40:10; Eze 20:33), saves those in distress (Ps 44:3; Isa 52:10), delivers his people (Ex 6:6; Isa 63:12; Ac 13:17), supports and cares for them (De 33:27; Isa 40:11; Ho 11:3), judges (Isa 51:5), and scatters his enemies (Ps 89:10; Lu 1:51). Breaking the arm represents shattering one’s might. (Job 38:15; Ps 10:15; Jer 48:25) Through Jesus Christ, clothed with authority and power and acting as Judge and Executioner, Jehovah manifests His might, represented by His “arm.”—Isa 53:1; Joh 12:37, 38.

The arm of flesh, representing human power, is described in the Bible as unreliable and failing the one trusting in it. Jehovah warns his people of the fallacy and disaster of trusting in the human arm. (2Ch 32:8; Jer 17:5) He will break the arm of the wicked, which is described as resting oppressively on their victims.—Job 35:9; 38:15; Ps 10:15.

In King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image, the breasts and arms of silver represent Medo-Persia, the kingdom succeeding Babylon, the head of gold, as world power.—Da 2:32, 39.

<<End Quote>>

Hope that helps

Sister T

QUESTION: Thank you sister for your speedy reply.You answered correctly,and I can see you know your bible and that Jehovahs spirit is with you.May he continue to supply his spirit so you can discern the deep things of God and to proclaim it boldly...

with love and respect,Benjamin...

Hello Benjamin and thanks for writing,

Thank you very much for your kind words, as I continue to learn and pray for Jehovah's spirit in discernment, understanding, and preaching with boldness.  

Jehovah deserves all the praise and honor as he is a revealer of secrets! (Daniel 2:47)

Have a wonderful day,

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)