Jehovah`s Witness/Thank you

Hi Bro Hepburn

I want to thank you for your response to the post I sent you recently .

I want you to understand I never called your integrity into question. I didn't even read your reply, that's how sure I was of your integrity. I have read many many of your answers over the years and I will tell you something I never told you before. When I first returned to the truth after my few years out. It was some of your answers that helped me to understand certain things. You helped me greatly and you don't even realize it. In fact I even wrote to you before I came back in the truth under my real name and your answer was spot on. I always considered you the most thorough and studious expert on this board and I still do.

So I would never call your integrity into question. I know how that feels and it is incredibly hurtful, but we have a wonderful King who was also in the same position and i'm proud to be in that company.

To be honest I don't think the questioner was calling your integrity into question either I just think they're on a learning curve. In fact I know they are.

So let us all move forward together in the truth, shoulder to shoulder.

Philia to you

Bro Dw

Hello  Brother D.W

Sorry for the delay, I have been  trying  to reply to people within a day but sometimes things just get in the way of do so as quick as I can

I always find it embarrassing  and uncomfortable when ever I get any sort of recognition (especially in person) and find it very difficult to respond so all I can say is thank you for your comments.

At the moment I am at a loss as to what you are referring to by these words

“I want you to understand I never called your integrity into question. I didn't even read your reply, that's how sure I was of your integrity.”

From that, I understand  (I have assumed) you to be saying, that at some time, I may have said, that I had thought that you questioned my integrity.  My wife understands your words as saying that someone else has questioned my integrity.  Either way, I appreciated what you have said.

But the above just illustrates to me, how difficult it can be to communicate properly when people ask questions and or we provide a response.  I have read some of the other Q&As here and I can see what seems to be a lot of  misunderstandings that have caused some near arguments at times.  It highlights the need for us all to read carefully each question and response and perhaps  even re read the question before posting to see if we our answer actually covers the question asked.  I know I have fallen into that trap and now at times I have decided to ask for clarification or state that I have assumed a certain point.

Yes we are all learning and need to continue to learn.  I am amazed as to how much I have learnt by being here on this forum.. Many questions I have received, have forced me to do a lot of research that I would not normally have done.  Unfortunately for me I do not retrain much of what I have learnt, but at least now I have many files scattered through my computer that I can now draw on (if I can find them)

Anyway I hope we can continue to learn and to grow in knowledge.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.