Jehovah`s Witness/truth be told

Greetings Mr. Holland, hope to find you well. I thank you for responding promptly to my question regarding the trinity.  Now I know you have a lot on your plate so don't feel rushed for an answer on my part. You said "There is only one God and only one true God for that matter, The one God has revealed himself in Scripture in 3 distinct persons, sharing the same nature" You might have overlooked that I asked for scripture reference on answers. Unless it derives from The Holy Bible its just mans doctrine. Thanks again for your time, Jose.

Good evening, Jose.  Thank you for writing, and for your inquiry.   

To begin with, and to hopefully clear up any misunderstanding, I have read and re-read your initial question to me.  I understood your inquiry to be about a DEBATE format with Eddie G, where Scriptures were exchanged.  I did not see where you asked for any Scriptures directly, in that writing.  I took it as if you were writing about a debate that you were hoping to see happen, which was actually not discussed a great detail between Eddie and myself.  As you know, I am currently in a discussion with him, on the subject of the cross.  At least, I THINK I am, as I am still waiting for his promised rebuttal on that issue.

The reason I did not give you Scriptural references at that time, is that I did not see where you asked for them.  You asked me to “show us your Bible expertise” (not exactly my purpose for being here), but I was under the impression that you were referring to my doing this in a debate format.

Now that this is cleared up, and I know what you want, let us proceed.

You wrote…“help for me to decide If indeed their is one God in three or one Almighty God.”

Actually, this is not what the discussion is about.  There will be no attempt on my part to prove that there is more than one Almighty God, because to do so, would mean that I would NOT be a Trinitarian, but a polytheist.  The Trinity teaching has as its basis and very foundation, the belief that there is only one Almighty God.  The question is….Is He revealed as one single Person, or 3 distinct Persons?

I want to say that it is no accident that this is the one doctrine that is most spoken of by those in false doctrine, because it has to do with the very nature of God Himself.  When people feel the need to spread untruths and slander, it should come as no surprise that they spend a great deal of time attacking the nature of God, as well, in the way that He has revealed Himself in Scripture.

Also, I believe that this topic actually comes down to 2 questions….

Are we content to worship and love God as He has revealed Himself, regardless of whether we can fully grasp or comprehend Him?

Or, do we demand that God’s nature can be fully grasped by our own finite reasoning and intellect?  

For me, I would worry if I could fully wrap my mind around the Creator, and am content to worship Him as I see Him in the Scripture. That is why I am a Trinitarian.

Let me first begin by addressing this statement, so we will know that we are on the same page.  You said…

“Unless it derives from The Holy Bible its just mans doctrine.”

That is absolutely correct, and this is one of those swords that cuts both ways.  Meaning, the JWs love to claim that the Trinity is a “man-made doctrine” without Scriptural support, but yet they constantly feel the need to twist what the doctrine teaches, in order to undermine it.  This is actually a clue that their position is weak, otherwise, they would have no need to twist the doctrine into something it isn’t, in order to refute it.

But again, that cuts both ways…The JWs teach that Jesus is not God, but Michael the Archangel, and a created Being.  Now, the Scripture does not support either of these views, so it is as you said, “man’s doctrine”.  However, if Jesus isn’t created, then that basically leaves only one other option.  And if He isn’t Michael the Archangel, then we have yet another example of a “man-made doctrine”, and despite asking JWs for years to provide simply ONE Scripture that states Jesus is Michael, we are still yet to see it.  Because it doesn’t exist.

Now Jose, I will give you some of the many Scriptures that we believe support the Trinity, and why we believe that the Trinity is the ONLY view that harmonizes all of the Scriptures.  

But first, and it is most unfortunate, but I also need to clear up some of the outright falsehoods that have been told about the Trinity as of late.  In order to define what the Trinity is, we also need to define what it is NOT, because of many gross misrepresentations that have been posted.

I will now proceed to deal with some of the false statements, by quoting from the person who made them, and because he knows full well that the statements are false.  Again, this is unfortunate, and would not be necessary if the person could simply offer a sound BIBLICAL refutation of the doctrine, instead of twisting it so that he can attempt to tackle it.

So first, what the Trinity is NOT, and does NOT teach.  I quote:

1.  “Notice the Doctrine never says anything about Jesus Christ being our Lord and Savior. Therefore, the Trinity preaches another gospel of Salvation.”

Actually, every Trinitarian that I have ever encountered in my 28 years of being a Christian, believes whole-heartedly that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.  In fact, without this belief, the Trinity becomes pointless.  The Trinitarian belief completely affirms that God the Father sent the Son into the world as a human, to suffer the death of the cross for the sins of mankind, that whosoever believes on Him, will have everlasting life.  To claim that Trinitarians do not “say anything” about Jesus being Lord and Savior, is simply a complete falsehood.

2.  “The Trinity denies that Jesus is the Christ”

Again, another false and silly statement.  ALL Trinitarians believe that Jesus was the Christ and the Messiah, sent to die for our sins.  That is why we call Him “Jesus CHRIST”.  There would certainly be no other reason for doing so.   To say that Jesus being God in the flesh would somehow mean that He was not “Christ”, illustrates this person’s own lack of understanding of the Human and Divine nature of Jesus Christ, while He was on earth.  

This statement is false, just as the first one.

3.  “The Trinity Doctrine denies Jesus Christ and replaces Christ with another gospel of Salvation”

The Gospel message preached by Trinitarians such as myself, is as follows:

A.  All humans are born into sin, and come into this world having a sin nature.

B.  Our sins are what separate us from a Holy God, and therefore, we stand guilty before Him.

C.  Because of our helpless state, and our inability to ever atone for our own sins or do enough good deeds to pay the sin debt, Jesus Christ took upon the form of a human, became man, suffered on the cross, and rose again the 3rd day.  When His blood was shed, this blood was the only payment for our sins, that would satisfy a holy God.  Our good works are as “filthy rags” (Is. 64:6), and no merits or deeds of our own, can save us….Only the blood of Jesus Christ can.

D.  We are required to come to Jesus Christ, by faith, in repentance, and trust in His atoning work on the cross, as the payment for our sins.  When we do this, we are given eternal life.  

Now, you compare that with the “gospel” of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and you tell me which one lines up with the Scriptures.

4.  “{{trinitarians}} preach that if you do not believe that Jesus is one of the gods, then Jesus will burn you in an eternal burning hell, but he loves you!”

This is the same false statement this person has made probably a hundred times, so let me set it straight, just so you will understand that this is NOT what Trinitarians believe.  Not even close.

Trinitarians do not tell anyone to “believe that Jesus is one of the gods”, because we are not the ones that teach Jesus is “a god”…The JWs are the ones who teach that nonsense.

Actually, we do not believe the Trinity consists of ANY “gods”….We believe in ONE true God, the Almighty, Who has revealed Himself in Scripture as 3 distinct Persons….The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

So, anyone who says that we think Jesus is “one of the gods”, is completely ignorant as to what the Trinity is, and has no business commenting on it at all.

5.  “Derrick Holland claims that Jesus is "Another Almighty God"? How can that be, if there is Only One??? "Another" means an additional one folks!!!”

“If Jesus is "Another Almighty God" as Derrick Holland teaches, then why does Biblical Scripture state that JEHOVAH Alone is MOST High?”

Its always fascinating to read what you really teach, even when you don’t teach it, by someone who has no clue what they are talking about.

And again, Jose, I am only having to deal with these falsehoods, because I imagine that you have read them, and I simply do not want there to be any confusion as to what we really believe and teach.

But Jose, let me just clear up this false statement….No Trinitarian teaches that Jesus is “another Almighty God”.  In fact,  we believe that Jehovah ALONE is the Most High, in contrast to the quote above stating that we do not believe this.  

Trinitarians believe there is only ONE Almighty God, and His name is Jehovah.  And again, we believe that Jehovah has revealed Himself in Scripture, as one God, in 3 distinct Persons.  So, when we refer to Jesus as “Almighty God”, this is not “another” one in addition to the Father, but that both the Father and the Son share the same nature as Almighty God.  

6.  “(He, therefore, that will be saved, must thus think of the trinity.) Uh oh... Derrick Holland is wrong again! What happened to "Jesus Christ"??? Why must I now, "think of the Trinity" to be "saved"? It denies Jesus Christ as the Only Way for Salvation .”

I address this one, because it was falsely implied that I teach that “one must think of the Trinity to be saved”.  

The person posting this, knows full well that I addressed that very quote awhile back, when I was asked about it.  I would like you to contrast the above statement about what it is CLAIMED that I believe, with what I actually SAID when asked about this, back in 2012.

Here is the entire link….

It is quite long, so I will quote the part where I commented on this very issue, because the questioner then also brought up this notion about “thinking of the Trinity, in order to be saved”.  I want you to see what I said then, and how this compares to what is claimed that “I teach”.

This is the exact quote from both the questioner, and my response to him….

“YOU: “We are also told that the Trinity is the CENTRAL DOCTRINE of Christianity. “"HE THEREFORE THAT WILL BE SAVED MUST THUS THINK OF THE TRINITY."(Athanasian Creed)”

ME: I am not sure what your point is in quoting this, because I fully disagree with the above statement. However, that has nothing to do with accepting the Biblical teaching of the Trinity.

Just because some Trinitarian says something erroneous about the Trinity, does not prove the doctrine false. As for saying that a person must “think of the Trinity” to be saved, that is hogwash.

Me, I was a 15 year-old teen-ager when I got saved and came to Jesus Christ. And I can assure you that the Trinity was the furthest thing from my mind. I wasn’t “thinking of” the Trinity…I was thinking of the fact that I was in trouble with God, and had just heard the TRUE Gospel message that Jesus Christ died to save sinners like me. I didn’t give one thought that night to whether He was God, Michael, Creator or creation….I simply knew that He alone was the provision for my salvation, and I gave Him my life that night…… I assure you the Trinity doctrine played no part in anything that night in 1985.…. It wasn’t until I began to study the Scriptures diligently for several months, that I came to see that Jesus was truly MORE than I had been taught that He was.”

7.  “The Trinity teaches 3 gods in one”

Ridiculous…This is polytheism.  In fact, it is the JW religion that teaches one Almighty God, and then a whole host of “mighty gods”, not us.  

The Trinity does not acknowledge that ANY other true “gods” exist, anywhere in the universe, in harmony with Deuteronomy 32:39, which states…

“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:”

We do not believe it is plausible, or even possible, for Jesus to have been another “god” WITH Jehovah, and we believe that Jehovah would surely have KNOWN, if there were.  He said there wasn’t.  

And since Jesus, the WORD, is said to have been WITH the Father, and since the JWs acknowledge that Jesus is “a god”, then we see their view as not being in harmony with this passage.

In short…The Trinity does not teach 3 “gods”.  It teaches ONE God, in 3 distinct Persons.

Now, a person may not agree that this is what the Bible teaches….But they shouldn’t lie about it, either.

Again, a sign of weakness, is when a person feels the need to twist a doctrine into what it isn’t, in order to discredit it.  I thought that if something were false, we should just be able to calmly take the Bible out, and show why its false?

Truthfully, Jose, if the Trinity actually taught what is CLAIMED on this forum that it teaches, then I wouldn’t believe it either.  Thankfully, it doesn’t.

Now, let’s move on into the evidence.  Jose, there are 2 basic views of the nature of God….

1.  Trinitarian
2.  Unitarian

Under the belief of “Unitarian”, there are several non-Trinitarian groups, each with their own unique twist and understanding of the Scriptures.  

Both views have their passages which they feel SUPPORT their view, and also, passages which they believe present a problem to the OTHER view.  

We believe that the Trinitarian position, is the ONLY position that can harmonize ALL of the Scriptures in question.  Let me explain…

Let’s just say that someone from the JW denomination, is having a discussion with a Oneness Pentecostal, from the UPC denomination.  Now, BOTH groups claim to be Unitarian (that God is one Person).  However, they disagree as to what this entails.  The JW will maintain that there is only ONE Person who is God, and the UPC person will agree.  

But then, the UPC mentions that this Person is Jesus Christ, and the JW nearly faints, in disbelief.  Things were going so well, and now THIS??  The conversation may go as follows…

The JW asks…“How can you POSSIBLY believe that Jesus is the only Person Who is God, when the Bible clear says that it is the FATHER?”

UPC:  “Of course the Father is the ONLY Person Who is God…But Jesus IS the Father, and He is also the Holy Spirit!!  These are simply 3 modes (modalism), at different times”

Well, the JW is going to win that one, because he can clearly point out the numerous times in Scripture, that Jesus is seen as distinct from the Father…Jesus prayed, Jesus referred to Himself as “sent” from the Father, and on and on.  

Then, the UPC member comes back, and shows the JW all the Scriptures which clearly teach that Jesus is God, and now the JW has a problem.  He has no choice but to either, RE-TRANSLATE the problem verses, or simply explain them away with weak arguments, which will cause the UPC member to point out that the JW is twisting Scripture to suit his own purpose.

Both are correct, and both are wrong.  

The UPC member CANNOT offer a good explanation, for the many passages which show the distinction of Person, between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  His only recourse, is to come up with some unintelligible explanation that makes no sense at all.

The JW cannot offer a good explanation, for the Scriptures which show Christ and the Holy Spirit as both being called “God”.  Their only recourse is to try and explain it away as “non-literal”, “mistranslated”, or some other such poor defense.

However, the Trinitarian position has no such dilemma.  Because it teaches that Jesus existed from eternity with His Father, and possesses the same nature as God, but BECAME man for the purpose of suffering and death (Philippians 2:5-11).  As man, Jesus placed upon Himself WILLINGLY, many of the limitations that men have, without sacrificing His deity and nature as God.

Therefore, there are NO Scriptures which contradict the Trinity teaching, because it takes all of them into account.  We do not have to explain away the Scriptures which call Jesus “God”, nor do we have to stutter around about the ones where He is shown to be distinct, and even subordinate, to the Father.

Simply put, the Trinity teaches that there is but ONE God, but also recognizes that there are 3 distinct Persons called “God” in the Scriptures, and we understand that there cannot be multiple “Gods”.  Therefore, we believe that there is one God, revealed in 3 Persons.

Now, let me look at some of the Scriptures that we believe support the Trinity.

I will not bother with Scriptures that show the Father is the true God, because this point is not in dispute by anyone…Trinitarian, or Unitarian.  So, we will concentrate on some passages that show the Son, and the Holy Spirit to be called “God”.  Again, this is very long, so I will list but a few, and you can ask for clarification, if need be.

1 John 5:7-  “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”

To begin with, this is a direct statement from an AUTHENTIC passage of Scripture, which has been under attack perhaps more than any other passage in the Bible.  And for good reason….it is a clear declaration of the Trinity.  If I were non-Trinitarian, I would want this verse removed also.  Now, I can provide you in another writing, if need be, the support for retaining this verse as part of the inspired writings.

John 1:1-  “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God”.

We know from verse 14, that the Word is Jesus Christ.  We see here that it is clearly stated that He was WITH God (the Father, and the Spirit), and He Himself was God.  Non-Trinitarians love to ask the question How can He be the same God He was with? , not realizing such a question betrays their own misunderstanding of the Trinity.  John 1:1 is in PERFECT harmony with what the Trinity says…that there are distinct Person who are called “God”.  Jesus was WITH God, and Jesus was God.  This clearly indicates a plurality of Persons.

And the reason their “a god” rendering cannot be correct, besides the obvious problem of polytheism, is that verse 3 shows that this Person Who was “with God” and “was God”, is the One Who created EVERYTHING.  Yes, Jesus created everything.  Not every “other” thing, as the NWT says in Colossians 1.…but EVERYTHING.  There was NOTHING made without Him making it.  

Therefore, we know that the Word, is also the Creator.  

Matthew 1:23-  “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”

Trinitarians are content to believe this verse as it is written, without trying to put a spin on it.  Jesus was literally “God with us”.  Nothing needs to be added to that.

John 8:58-  “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

Again, a clear reading of the context, shows that the Jews understood clearly what Christ was claiming here, and they immediately recognized this as a reference to Jehovah referring to Himself as “I Am” in Exodus 3:14.  

John 20:28-  “And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.”

Now, this is one of the most problematic verses for Jehovah’s Witnesses to explain.  I have heard many wild and strange attempts to offer an explanation for this verse, but to date, have not heard one that has any merit.  This verse is VERY definite in the Greek, and reads “The Lord of me, and the God of me” , making it VERY clear that Thomas was calling Jesus his “Lord” and his “God”.  This is something that Thomas, a strict monotheist, would NEVER do unless He understood that this is Who Jesus was.  And had he done so in error, Jesus would have offered him a swift and immediate rebuke for a statement such as that.  

Instead, the only rebuke from Christ that we see, is that it took him SO LONG to finally believe, and also a commendation from Christ for FINALLY coming to belief, and saying that others who believe this will be blessed.

I actually heard a JW on this board try and give a feeble explanation for this verse, by claiming that it meant that “Thomas was submitting to Jehovah’s divine arrangement of authority, in that Jesus was, in fact, the Christ”.

Really?  Is THAT what it says?  We ALL know that Jesus came to earth as the Christ, and there is nothing to indicate that Thomas was just now accepting that truth.  In fact, the topic of Jesus being Christ, is not what was being discussed….it was Thomas’ acknowledgment of Jesus as Lord and God.  Now, verse 31 does make reference to “these things being written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ”</b>, but this is a clear reference to the entire Gospel of John, and not merely to verse 28.  In fact, verse 28 clearly refutes the false notion that Jesus being God, means that He cannot be the Christ, because we have Him called BOTH “God” and “Christ”, in a matter of 4 verses.  

Actually, we have in verse 28, a clear declaration of the deity of Jesus Christ, by one of His own followers.  Some JWs have tried to explain this clear passage away, by saying that Thomas was actually speaking to Jesus when he said “Lord”,  but then looked up to Heaven when he said “God”.  Then, other JWs think Thomas was just cussing, and using “God“ in a loose manner, such as “Oh, my G…!!!”</b>  Jews did not use this sort of terminology, and Jesus would certain have rebuked Thomas if he had.

Actually, it is just saying that Jesus was the Lord and GOD of Thomas.  

Along these same lines, we see a very interesting pattern in 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, and Titus, as well.  Consider….

1 Timothy 4:10-  “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living GOD, WHO IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MEN…”

2 Timothy 1:10-  “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST….”

Titus 1:3-  “But hath in due times manifested His Word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of GOD OUR SAVIOR”

Titus 1:4-  “To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and the Lord JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOR”

Titus 2:10-  “Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of GOD OUR SAVIOR in all things”

Titus 2:13-  “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”

Titus 3:4-  “But after that the kindness and love of GOD OUR SAVIOR toward man appeared….”

Titus 3:6-  “Which He shed on us abundantly through JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOR”

Now, this brings up 2 serious questions….WHO is the Savior, God or Jesus?  And HOW MANY “Saviors” are there.

Let’s let the Scriptures answer that one….

Isaiah 43:10-11-  “Ye are my witneses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before me THERE WAS NO GOD FORMED, NEITHER SHALL THERE BE AFTER ME.
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me THERE IS NO SAVIOR”

Now, this verse from which the JW religion takes its very name, actually does away with 2 of their teachings….that there is another Savior besides God (that is, if they wish to deny that Jesus is God, and still claim He is Savior), and that Jesus is “a god”, with His Father.

But, that was in the Old Testament before Christ came as Savior…Okay, then let’s look at this one….

Jude 25-  “To the ONLY WISE GOD, OUR SAVIOR, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.  Amen”.

Hebrews 1:8-  “But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O GOD, is for ever and ever;…”

Here, we have the Father speaking to the Son, and clearly referencing Him as “God”.  

Now, these are by no means all of the Scriptures, but just a small sampling of the ones that we believe show that Jesus Christ is God.

Now, a few that show the Holy Spirit as God, as well….

Acts 5:3-4-  “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.”

This verse needs no additional comment…You cannot lie to an impersonal force, as Jehovah’s Witnesses believe the Holy Spirit is.  Peter clearly states that lying to the Spirit, is lying to God.  Is this something that can be said of a force, or for that matter, anyone that is not God?

2 Corinthians 3:17-18-  “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

Hebrews 9:14-  “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the ETERNAL SPIRIT offered Himself without spot to God…”

The Holy Spirit is eternal, just as God is.

He is omnipresent….

Psalm 139:7-  “Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?”

He is omniscient…

1 Corinthians 2:10-11-  “But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”

I will close for now, as this is getting quite long.  If you have any questions on any verses, or would like to see some more evidence for our doctrine, please ask.  

And also, please keep in mind that these verses are already considerably more than JWs have to support their view that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, or that the Spirit is not a divine Person.  And again, there are many more verses I can share.

Thank you for your interest, Jose, and let me know if I can be of further assistance.  And thank you for allowing me to set straight what our doctrine is, and what it is not.  Again, when people have to go to great lengths to misrepresent a doctrine, then that is a good sign that their position is weak.

Take care, and have a great day.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.