Jehovah`s Witness/can u help me understand

Question
Isaiah 63

American Standard Version (ASV)

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10 But they rebelled, and grieved his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and himself fought against them.

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit in the midst of them?

12 that caused his glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses? that divided the waters before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

13 that led them through the depths, as a horse in the wilderness, so that they stumbled not?

Who is the angel in verse 9, and who or what is the arm in verse 12?

thank you, Benjamin...

Answer
I must apologize. I thought I had answered this, but then saw I had only printed out my answer to look it over. You asked who is the angel in verse 9 and who or what is the arm in verse 12 of Isaiah?

The angel in verse 9 refers to a spirit messenger or angel. In this context, Jehovah's "personal messenger" is evidently his angel, the same angel (messenger# that saved the Israelites during their exodus at the Red Sea. #Ex. 14:19,20# This messenger or angel would have been Michael the Archangel.

And it would be the same for the "arm" in verse 12

Notice John 12:37-38...Jesus spoke these things and went off and hid from them. but although he had performed so many signs before them, they were not putting faith in him so that the work of Isaiah the prophet was fulfilled which he said "Jehovah, who has but faith in the thing heard by us? And as for the "arm of Jehovah" #my quotes), to whom has it been revealed?

The reference Bible takes us over to Is 53:1 where it talks about that "arm" and as you read the context further you will see this is describing Jesus when he comes to earth as the Messiah.

Again I apologize for not answering more quickly. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jehovah`s Witness

Carol Massey