Jehovah`s Witness/wedding

PLEASE HELP.!!!Our son is Jehovah Witness,we are not and have not been in contact until recent however,we were informed of his upcoming nuptials and was asked to pay for HIS wedding...we as his parents paid for our own...and most families of the bride his religion...who pays for a Jehovah Witness wedding???

I am sorry that your son has chosen this religion, as it is a dangerous one. It is emotionally dangerous (they use fear to keep you in and have no problem turning families against each other). It is physically dangerous (they don't allow blood transfusions). It is spiritually dangerous (they don't accept the full and true Gospel for their salvation).

With that said, I understand that the parents usually pay for the wedding and honeymoon. At least that is the way most of my JW relatives did it as far as I know. I don't think they have to do it but it is in a sense, customary.

I wish I could give you a more precise answer on this. I would recommend writing to Robert Jones on this site. He is a former JW elder and can give you more information than I can on this issue.

I wish you the best,

Jehovah`s Witness

Ben Erdman

I will attempt to answer any questions that have to do with major Jehovah’s Witness doctrine. I will also try to give an accurate and honest explanation from the "Truth" (the Word of God). I am not a Jehovah’s Witness. I was never baptized as one. I am a "witness" for Christ. I love talking about God and the piercing Word that He has provided for us. If I don't know the answer to a question I will be more than happy to research it and get an answer. So, let’s talk.

I have grown up in the religion known as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Nearly all of my family (immediate and extended) are Jehovah’s Witnesses. I have been to probably hundreds of meetings, several assemblies and have had many in-depth bible studies with Witnesses. I love these people and admire their great zeal to do what they believe is truth. I have done extensive research into this area. I have a great passion in Jehovah’s Witness doctrine and beliefs.

I do not have any particular educational credentials that affect this field. I believe that I have been very educated in this field of Jehovah’s Witness doctrine by my own experience and extensive studies. I also believe in my heart that the Spirit of God has educated me in this area and will continue to do so.