Jehovah`s Witness/Worship Jehovah

Question
Thanks for your answers. Can you please explain to me in more simple terms the connection on the questions on "Why Jehovah is worthy To receive Worship?" to the bible verse below. Any relationship to that verse?

Rev 4:11 "You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

In Rev 4:11 it helps us to see that Jehovah deserves our worship and is worthy of our worship because he made us and he made everything good. (Gen 1:31)

For example, let's say a man and his wife get married, and they want a child, and the wife becomes pregnant by her husband and she gives birth to a beautiful child, a son.  The doctor comes in and asked them what are they going to name the child.  Well the father said, much thought has gone into a name, as he will be named after my father.  

Since it's the father's child, he has the right to give the baby its name.  Not the nurses, not the doctor, or anyone else, because it's the parent's child.

Next as the child grows up, the parents set rules for the child to obey according to their household, they make sure the child eats properly and tells the child what is expected of him.  One thing the parents insist on as the child grows is that he obey them and respect them as his parents. His parents love him and he loves his parents dearly and is a very obedient and well behaved child.

Then one day someone at the child's school wants the child to go to a place his father said he could not go, and this person says, your parents can't tell you what to do, do whatever you want, don't listen to them.  But the child says, no way, my dad only tells me things that are good for me.  I trust him, he loves me and has always been there for me.  I am not going to disobey! And he doesn't go.

Just as this boys father has given his child rules to obey because it's his child and he wants nothing but the best for his child, and his child in return, obeys out of love and the fact that his dad sets the rules for him because it's his dad.

Well it's the same for us today regarding Jehovah.  He's our Father, and because he's our Father he has the right to set the rules for us.  He only tells us things that benefit us and that is for our own good because He loves us.  He has the right to receive our respect and the right to be obeyed.  

That's how that scripture helps us to see that Jehovah is worthy of our worship.  

And Satan and his minions come along and tell us, don't listen to Jehovah, do want you want to do, he can't tell you what to do.  

But if we obey Jehovah our outcome will be blessed!

Plus not only did he make us, but Jehovah is also our repurchaser, we were bought with a price, Jehovah sent his son to die so that we may live (John 3:16), so he has the right to receive our worship!

Isaiah 48:17 "This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit [yourself], the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk"

1 Cor 6:19,20 "...Also, YOU do not belong to yourselves, 20 for YOU were bought with a price. By all means, glorify God..."

Hope this helps, if not feel free to follow up.  I'm sorry for the delay.  Thanks again and have a great day.

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T