Jehovah`s Witness/The Bible Holy Days and Sabbath

Question
What day is Sabbath? What are God's holy days?

Answer

God instituted the observance of a weekly Sabbath after he delivered the Israelites from Egypt. He later made it part of their national Law. (Exodus 16:22-30; 20:8-10) The apostle Paul explained that Jesus offered himself as a sacrifice and “abolished . . . the Law of commandments consisting in decrees” and “blotted out the handwritten document.” (Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14) What was “abolished” and “blotted out” included the Sabbath law, for the Bible goes on to say: “Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath.” (Colossians 2:16) Why did God give the Law, including the Sabbath, in the first place?
The apostle Paul wrote: “The Law has become our tutor leading to Christ.” Then he added: “Now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor.” (Galatians 3:24, 25) Rather than changing his mind, God used the Sabbath as a temporary arrangement to teach people that they should regularly take time to meditate on spiritual matters. Although the Sabbath law was temporary, it pointed forward to the time when mankind would find lasting rest from physical and spiritual afflictions.—Hebrews 4:10; Revelation 21:1-4.

Holy Days for Israelites.
while under the Law, the Israelites were required to set aside one day every week for rest and worship. Christians, on the other hand, are required to worship God, not just one day per week, but every day.
Is it wrong, then, to set aside one day every week for rest and worship? No. God’s Word leaves such a decision to each individual, saying: “One person decides that one day is holier than another. Another person decides that all days are the same. Every person must make his own decision.” (Romans 14:5, God’s Word) While some may choose to view one day as more holy than others, the Bible clearly indicates that God does not expect Christians to observe a weekly Sabbath. Be sure to look up the scriptures cited above.

Regards , Elbert

Jehovah`s Witness

Elbert Spears