Jehovah`s Witness/The Ransom question remains unanswered

Jay wrote at 2014-01-04 18:08:03
Brenton, don't know why my recent question was sent to you but it is just as well because I found myself puzzled about a comment or two you've made recently concerning this same subject.  I will find them & start a new question later.  

I have read your explanation & looked up your scripture references.  At first glance I have a question concerning something you said in 2a "What is God's plan of salvation?".  Did you mis-speak when you said:   "If he did that then the rest of mankind would have had no hope of having the sentence of death hang over us."  What does that mean?

I appreciate the time & thought you put into answering my question(s) and will honor that by giving further reflection to your explanation since it is a lengthy one.

Thanks again.

Brenton wrote at 2014-01-08 23:59:18
Hello Jay,

Thank you for your comments.  The rules of this site say that this part of the board is not for asking questions so I will not answer your question here but will wait for you to send your followup question in line with the forums policies.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.