Jehovah`s Witness/Salvation

Question
Greetings Brother DW and Greetings from Thailand

Today, we have more revelation than the people living before the resurrection of Christ; we know the full picture. In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, where he appointed him heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. (Hebrews 1: 1, 2.) My question; is our salvation still based of the death of Christ? Is our faith still the requirement for salvation? My pastor said, all we need to do is believe and we will be saved.
 Thank you.

Answer
Hi mate

Thanks for writing

Salvation is based on EXERCISING faith in Christ. Exercise involves hard work.

Just believing in Christ is not enough

Let me ask you something. Do you think people performing miracles in the name of Jesus Christ would believe in Jesus??

Yet is that enough to save them.

Matt 7:

22 "Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness"

The question is for you to answer . I won't tell you

Every salvation in the past depended on obedience. So is true today.

Exodus

12 Jehovah now said to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt: 2 “This month will be the start of the months for YOU. It will be the first of the months of the year for YOU. 3 Speak to the entire assembly of Israel, saying, ‘On the tenth day of this month they are to take for themselves each one a sheep for the ancestral house, a sheep to a house. 4 But if the household proves to be too small for the sheep, then he and his neighbor close by must take it into his house according to the number of souls; YOU should compute each one proportionate to his eating as regards the sheep. 5 The sheep should prove to be sound, a male, a year old, for YOU. YOU may pick from the young rams or from the goats. 6 And it must continue under safeguard by YOU until the fourteenth day of this month, and the whole congregation of the assembly of Israel must slaughter it between the two evenings. 7 And they must take some of the blood and splash it upon the two doorposts and the upper part of the doorway belonging to the houses in which they will eat it.
8 “‘And they must eat the flesh on this night. They should eat it roasted with fire and with unfermented cakes along with bitter greens. 9 Do not eat any of it raw or boiled, cooked in water, but roast with fire, its head together with its shanks and its interior parts. 10 And YOU must not leave any of it over till morning, but what is left over of it till morning YOU should burn with fire. 11 And in this way YOU should eat it, with YOUR hips girded, sandals on YOUR feet and YOUR staff in YOUR hand; and YOU must eat it in haste. It is Jehovah’s passover. 12 And I must pass through the land of Egypt on this night and strike every firstborn in the land of Egypt, from man to beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I shall execute judgments. I am Jehovah. 13 And the blood must serve as YOUR sign upon the houses where YOU are; and I must see the blood and pass over YOU, and the plague will not come on YOU as a ruination when I strike at the land of Egypt.

Daniel

3 Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king made an image of gold, the height of which was sixty cubits [and] the breadth of which was six cubits. He set it up in the plain of Du′ra in the jurisdictional district of Babylon. 2 And Neb·u·chad·nez′zar himself as king sent to assemble the satraps, the prefects and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the police magistrates and all the administrators of the jurisdictional districts to come to the inauguration of the image that Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king had set up.
3 At that time the satraps, the prefects and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the police magistrates and all the administrators of the jurisdictional districts were assembling themselves for the inauguration of the image that Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king had set up, and they were standing in front of the image that Neb·u·chad·nez′zar had set up. 4 And the herald was crying out loudly: “To YOU it is being said, O peoples, national groups and languages, 5 that at the time that YOU hear the sound of the horn, the pipe, the zither, the triangular harp, the stringed instrument, the bagpipe and all sorts of musical instruments, YOU fall down and worship the image of gold that Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king has set up. 6 And whoever does not fall down and worship will at the same moment be thrown into the burning fiery furnace.” 7 Because of this, at the same time as all the peoples were hearing the sound of the horn, the pipe, the zither, the triangular harp, the stringed instrument and all sorts of musical instruments, all the peoples, national groups and languages were falling down [and] worshiping the image of gold that Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king had set up.
8 Because of this, at that same time certain Chal·de′ans approached and accused the Jews. 9 They answered, and they were saying to Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king: “O king, live on even for times indefinite. 10 You yourself, O king, set forth the command that every man that hears the sound of the horn, the pipe, the zither, the triangular harp, the stringed instrument, and the bagpipe and all sorts of musical instruments, should fall down and worship the image of gold; 11 and that whoever would not fall down and worship should be thrown into the burning fiery furnace. 12 There exist certain Jews whom you appointed over the administration of the jurisdictional district of Babylon, Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go; these able-bodied men have paid no regard to you, O king, they are not serving your own gods, and the image of gold that you have set up they are not worshiping.”
13 At that time Neb·u·chad·nez′zar, in a rage and fury, said to bring in Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go. Consequently these able-bodied men were brought in before the king. 14 Neb·u·chad·nez′zar was answering and saying to them: “Is it really so, O Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go, that YOU are not serving my own gods, and the image of gold that I have set up YOU are not worshiping? 15 Now if YOU are ready so that when YOU hear the sound of the horn, the pipe, the zither, the triangular harp, the stringed instrument, and the bagpipe and all sorts of musical instruments, YOU fall down and worship the image that I have made, [all right]. But if YOU do not worship, at that same moment YOU will be thrown into the burning fiery furnace. And who is that god that can rescue YOU out of my hands?”
16 Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go answered, and they were saying to the king: “O Neb·u·chad·nez′zar, we are under no necessity in this regard to say back a word to you. 17 If it is to be, our God whom we are serving is able to rescue us. Out of the burning fiery furnace and out of your hand, O king, he will rescue [us]. 18 But if not, let it become known to you, O king, that your gods are not the ones we are serving, and the image of gold that you have set up we will not worship.”
19 Then it was that Neb·u·chad·nez′zar himself got filled with fury, and the very expression of his face was changed toward Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go. He was answering and saying to heat up the furnace seven times more than it was customary to heat it up. 20 And to certain able-bodied men of vital energy who were in his military force he said to bind Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go, in order to throw [them] into the burning fiery furnace.
21 Then it was that these able-bodied men were bound in their mantles, their garments and their caps and their other clothing and were thrown into the burning fiery furnace. 22 Just because the king’s word was harsh and the furnace was heated to excess, these able-bodied men that took up Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go were the ones that the fiery flame killed. 23 But these [other] able-bodied men, the three of them, Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go, fell down bound in the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24 At that time Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king himself became frightened and he rose up in a hurry. He was answering and saying to his high royal officials: “Was it not three able-bodied men that we threw bound into the midst of the fire?” They were answering and saying to the king: “Yes, O king.” 25 He was answering and saying: “Look! I am beholding four able-bodied men walking about free in the midst of the fire, and there is no hurt to them, and the appearance of the fourth one is resembling a son of the gods.”
26 Then it was that Neb·u·chad·nez′zar approached the door of the burning fiery furnace. He was answering and saying: “Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go, YOU servants of the Most High God, step out and come here!” At that time Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go were stepping out from the midst of the fire. 27 And the satraps, the prefects and the governors and the high officials of the king that were assembled were beholding these able-bodied men, that the fire had had no power over their bodies, and not a hair of their head had been singed, and even their mantles had not been changed and the smell of fire itself had not come onto them.
28 Neb·u·chad·nez′zar was answering and saying: “Blessed be the God of Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go, who sent his angel and rescued his servants that trusted in him and that changed the very word of the king and gave over their bodies, because they would not serve and would not worship any god at all except their own God. 29 And from me an order is being put through, that any people, national group or language that says anything wrong against the God of Sha′drach, Me′shach and A·bed′ne·go should be dismembered, and its house should be turned into a public privy; forasmuch as there does not exist another god that is able to deliver like this one"

Take Care

http://www.jw.org/en/  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW