Jehovah`s Witness/Let's Just Address This.....

There have been many objections as of late, as to why some JWs here think they should be the ones who decide who answers questions here.  Actually, its just the same objections rehashed over and over, but since those objections are based on pure fantasy, let's just go ahead and talk about them.....

It seems there is always some falsehood to address from these select few, so I wanted to take a moment to quickly address a few more statements that are being made, in regards to this forum.  These statements have to do with some of the accusations being made by Eddie, DW, Rando, and Ms. T, in regards to WHO should answer questions in this category.  And as usual, many falsehoods are being told, in the process…..

The recent objections are……

1.  We (the non-JWs) are somehow hindering the JWs from answering questions about their faith

I quote…“Let's see what God's word the Bible has to say about ones who feel that it's OK to stop or hinder someone from learning the truth about Jehovah God. As that is the reason for being on here if you are not a real JW is to mislead and hinder ones who come here to ask real JW's questions.”

This is completely and totally FALSE!

Not one non-JW on here, is dishonest about who they are.  The above quote was from Ms. T, however it is simply amazing that Eddie can claim with a straight face, that we are somehow being deceptive and “pretending” something about who we are, when each non-JW on this site is clear in their profiles, that they are not a practicing JW.  If a person WERE posing as a JW when they really were not one, then that would be morally wrong.  

But his forum provides people with a choice of experts, depending on which perspective they wish to get an answer from….A choice that EVERY non-JW here would agree that the reader deserves to have, but these select JWs do NOT want the reader to have that choice.  Why not?  What are they hiding?  

Now, I could understand their objection, if their beliefs were really being lied about, or misrepresented.  Its sort of how we feel, when they do it daily, without batting an eye.  But the fact is, they make this accusation quite often, but NEVER actually show where its being done.  Like what we have seen recently….They will change the wording of a statement just slightly, to make it appear to be saying something it isn’t.  But they never show where their belief is being misrepresented.  When we show them where they are twisting our teachings, they act like…“Oh well, big deal”

I maintain that we have EVERY right to be here, for a very good reason…..They constantly talk about the “beliefs of Christendom”, but never correctly represent those beliefs.  They think its okay, because they think this is THEIR forum.  It isn’t.  And when they lie to unsuspecting questioners about what our belief is, in order to make their own look superior, then there needs to be someone here to call them on it.  

Fact is, NOBODY has the right to misrepresent the beliefs of another.  They have NO more right to do it, than we do.  The difference is, we don’t do it….they do.

But nobody is "hindering" anybody.  We have no control over which expert a questioner selects.  Its up to the questioner themselves, to read the profiles, and decide whom they want to ask.  We have no way of stopping them from asking a JW about their beliefs.  We have way of
"intercepting" the question, and we have no desire to, either.  A person is free to ask whomever they wish.

Which is something these 4 JWs, would deny the questioner's right to do.

2.  That we are “forcing our beliefs” on others”

This one is so false, its almost laughable.  May I just point out, that just as Ms. T just told this board the following….

“First of all, on this forum, we aren't calling on people, people have to come to us and ask questions about our beliefs. So there is no way we can force our beliefs on anyone else since we are in a forum that is set up specifically for asking JW's questions. No one who comes here is forced to click on the link that says Jehovah's Witnesses.”

But then, she contradicts her own statement in the very next paragraph, with this….

“As you all are the ones trying to force your beliefs on people who click on wanting to learn about JW's.”

Uh, that actually works both ways, Ms. T…all due respect.  Just as you correctly stated that you do not force anyone to click on Jehovah’s Witnesses and ask a question, and therefore, you cannot force your beliefs on others, the same holds true with the non-Witnesses.  Nobody forces them to click on our names, either.  Nobody forces them to read what we post.  And again, we are completely up front, that our answers are from a different perspective.

Just as you can't force your beliefs on anyone, neither can we.  We can POST about our beliefs and how they compare to yours...But we can't force anyone to accept it.  That is up to the person, to weigh the Scriptures.  Don't be so silly....We can't force anyone, any more than you can.  
So, the questioner themselves can decide whether they want to ask us a question, or you.  We support their right to that choice.  You do not.  In fact, you are TRYING to force them to accept your explanation, by merely silencing all other explanations.  That's what this is all about, isn't it?

Again, what is it you want to hide?

Which leads me to the next objection….

3.  This is a forum FOR Jehovah’s Witnesses, to answer questions for people who want to know about the beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Ms T and Eddie ramble on and on, with this false statement.  This has already been shown to be wrong.  This is a forum, not FOR Jehovah’s Witnesses, but ABOUT Jehovah’s Witnesses.  Now, every single non-JW here, respects the right of a JW to be here to defend their faith.  Some people genuinely do want a JW perspective, and they should be able to have that option.

However, the way Ms. T keeps making this statement, shows that she just doesn’t get it.  She doesn’t have a clue what this forum is about.  Not all questioners want a sanitized JW “answer”.  Some actually write here, wanting advice or Scriptures, to witness TO a JW family member, friend, co-worker, etc.  Now, what help would a JW “expert” be, in that regard?

Countless people have written me, about a situation where their spouse or former spouse is a JW, and has done them wrong, or caused a rift between then and their children, etc.  Again, what help would a JW “expert” be in that situation?  

Other people have written, wanting Scriptures that would refute JW doctrine.  So, it is rather presumptuous of Ms. T, to tell everyone WHY people come here, as if they don’t come here for other reasons than what she listed.  They do.

And as Richard just pointed out, a long-time JW here named Brenda Martin, was also a volunteer in the Protestant category for several years.  She has since left both forums, but there she was, “forcing her beliefs” on poor unsuspecting Protestants, in a forum that she didn’t even believe in!  

And even though this was pointed out many times here, not ONE JW, Sister T included, ever said one word against it.  She was never called “deceptive”, “evit”, “liar”, “demonic”….They had no problem with it at all.  

Oh, and by the way….When Mrs. Martin was in the Protestant category, she did NOT identify herself in her profile, as a JW.  In this category, we DO make it clear in our profiles, that we are not JWs.  So, nobody is “deceived” into anything.  

And also, there IS a “Critics of Protestantism” category, as well….But Mrs. Martin was not in that one….She was in the one for Protestants.  And Eddie, Ms. T, DW, Rando, and none of them, had any objections at all.  I would call that “hypocrisy”.

Furthermore, you can go to the Mormon, 7th Day Adventist, Catholic, etc, category, and see “experts” who are not practicing those beliefs, but have enough knowledge of them, to provide accurate answers about them.  

And you NEVER see anything even close from people in those religions, as you do from these childish, immature, and dishonest JWs here in this category.  Why is it that the group that claims to be the only true “Christians”, act the MOST UNCHRISTIAN, towards those who offer a different perspective?

Go ahead, Eddie, Ms. T, DW, Rando…Check out those other boards, and see if there is anyone acting in the childish and wicked manner, in which you people do.

Its back to that issue again of….What are you hiding?

Eddie G made this telling statement, evidently not realizing or caring, how it incriminates him….“To be blunt, pretending to be JW Experts then twist what we teach to suite their own purpose is doing the works of the Devil.”

Uhm Eddie, pretending to be a Christian and man of “the truth”, and then twisting what WE teach, is that also doing the work of the Devil?  Or do you guys get a pass on that one?

4.  That we “badger” them.

I assume this is an implication that we are starting trouble with them.  Now, Eddie doesn’t even believe that one, himself.  He knows as well as anyone, who it is that STARTS the trouble around here.  If these people didn’t start with their lies and personal attacks, there would be no trouble.  If they minded their OWN questions, and let us mind ours, there would be no trouble here.  

If you feel your doctrine has been misrepresented, then BY ALL MEANS, speak up.  And show HOW it was misrepresented.  Don’t just SAY it has been, and then twist what the person said to give that impression.  Try being honest, for a change.

And also, try not to misrepresent our doctrines, either.  That makes us feel compelled to speak up.  Somebody tell Rando what a fool he makes out of himself, pretending to know what the Trinity teaches, and then saying things that Trinitarians would laugh at.

But Eddie, would you please tell this board the following….Did you write to me first, calling me a liar?  Or, did I write to you first, trying to “badger” you?  Which is it?  And I’m talking about way back in the beginning….

And again, talk to ANY JW expert here who does not lie, slander, personally attack, or twist our comments, and ask them if they have EVER been “badgered” or otherwise harassed by any of us.  Funny….We can get along with them on a personal level, just fine.

I think the readers know where the problem lies….

5.  Its “morally” wrong for us to be here

That one is so funny.  First, people who have no problem lying, lecturing us on “morals”.  I will place my morals up against any of theirs, any day of the week.  

But there ARE, in fact, some “morally’ wrong actions that take place here every single week…And it isn’t the non-JWs who are doing them. Some of those actions are….

Lying, slander, false accusations, inventing quotes out of thin air, claiming conversations with us that never happened, writing questions to themselves while PRETENDING to be a real questioner, claiming we believe what we do not believe, saying we deny that Jesus is the Christ, saying we believe He was a mindless zombie, etc.

Yes, these things are morally wrong.  So, SPEAK UP about the REAL moral wrongs here, if you are people of “truth”.  There is nothing morally wrong with a non-JW giving answers in this forum, provided they are not twisting your doctrines (and they aren’t), and provided that they have enough knowledge of your beliefs TO give an accurate answer.

Let’s get right to the root of this issue.  Here is what they really don’t like, and I’ll illustrate this with a created scenario…..

Let’s say that a questioner writes one of these 4 Witnesses, and asks a question about whether the WT teaches Jesus is Michael the Archangel.  Now, both the non-Witnesses and the Witnesses, can equally give the WT position on this issue.  We would all say that they teach that Jesus is Michael, and that they attempt to support it by using 1 Thess. 4, among others.  But the Witness would use their “proof texts” to try and convince the reader that this doctrine is the truth, which is what we would expect.  

However, the non-Witness such as myself, would not only correctly state their position, but I would go on to show why this position has some serious Scriptural flaws….Such as, there is NO Scripture that states Jesus is Michael.  But it goes further….There are Scriptures that also eliminate this as being a possibility, namely, Hebrews chapter 1.   Jesus is clearly contrasted with the created angels, and even receives worship from them.  In fact, this passage is one of the very ones that caused a former JW who frequented this board under the name of Jakev, to leave the WT Society and come to realize that Jesus is not an angel.

So, its not that I misrepresented their belief.  Its just that, I would go on to show the flaws with it.

And that, dear Readers, is what they REALLY are objecting to.  They want you to not only know what they believe, but they want to silence any evidence that might cause you to question, and not just accept, their interpretation.

That’s what this is really all about.  

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it this once, as I do not have to defend anything to these people in regards to my motives.  They don’t tell me what to do, nor do I seek their opinion, or their permission.  I love the people in this religion whom I grew up with.  Unlike others, I don’t have an “abuse” story to tell.  I am friendly with these people (the JWs I know personally) to this day.  I happen to care about my mother, aunts, and cousins, who are in this religion.  So yes, my upbringing in it, causes me to have a special interest in it, that I might not otherwise have.  I am sure had I been raised Mormon, that is the category I would be in.   

But again, the notion that we are “posing” as anything, is ridiculous.  This is what happens when people don’t concern themselves with facts, but rather, emotional rants.  

Rando himself said one day that I pretend to be a JW, then admitted the same week, that my profile says I am not a JW.  See how confused they are, in their desperation to discredit any who don’t agree with them?  

Fact is, we are not “posing” as anybody.  However, there HAS been some speculation about some of these characters, POSING as Jehovah’s Witnesses.  Guess why that is….Because you don’t act anything like Christians.  

Get a clue, people.  

In wrapping this up, I want to point out the obvious.  They can cry all day, about what this forum is for, and why it exists.  But there is nobody better to consult about the purpose of this Allexperts forum, than the very people who started it.  So, let’s see what Allexperts themselves, has to say about it….

What's expected of AllExperts volunteers?

1.  You must be able to type grammatically correct English.

(If anything, this would rule out some of the trouble-making JWs on this site, not me)

2.  You must have an above-average knowledge of the subject, although you certainly don't need to know the answers to all questions.

(Pretty self-explanatory)

3.  You must be polite to all questioners.

(Well, well, well….If this is one of the terms that Allexperts THEMSELVES, have decided on, then would you all like to talk some more, about who should, and who should NOT be here?  Are you 4 polite to all questioners?  Yeah, sure you are.)

4.  You must respond to all questions within 2-3 days, except when you go on vacation. You can take yourself offline during that time.

Interesting….At least 2 of the 4 above requirements, eliminate these 4, right off the bat.  And to think they are the very ones who presume to think they can decide who “belongs” here, and who doesn’t.  

The Site goes on to list this little detail…..

What If I can't find the category of my expertise?

Have you used the Search option at the top of this page? You can also navigate down through the index on the main page UNTIL YOU FIND THE CATEGORY THAT MATCHES YOUR INTEREST

Hmmm…..Not one word that even hints that you have to be a practicing MEMBER of a religion, before you can have the knowledge of it, to answer questions about what it teaches.  Merely that you find the category of your INTEREST, and know enough about it, to answer questions about it.  

That’s about like saying a guy who has worked on cars his entire life and knows them inside and out, cannot volunteer in the “AUTO” section, unless he is a currently practicing certified mechanic.

Come on, people…get real.  Do you really expect grown adults, to agree with this illogical nonsense?

How do I Improve My Chances of Getting Accepted?

That's the thing about applying to most directories. You never really know what your chances are, or even what factors are considered or how long the application process will take. But here at we take all the mystery out of it. If you can SPECIFICALLY describe the kinds of questions you can answer, and send in an application without typos, showing you know how to give a professional presentation, you're almost certain to be accepted!

Our experts are all volunteers, people with knowledge in their area of expertise who are willing to share their knowledge with others. We can't guarantee they can answer every question, but we can guarantee that most try to help.

Well, there you have it….From the very creators of this site.

Now, let me just be blunt.  If you people want to continue to make yourselves laughing stocks by your childish, whining behavior, then by all means, be my guest.  But don’t sit around wondering why people think you are not real Christians.  You're doing it to yourselves, yet you insist on continuing to do it.  Again, get a clue.  

You will continue to see my name in the “experts” list, for as long as I decide to volunteer my time to help people see the truth of Scripture, in this format.  If you can’t deal with that, then you can leave and start your own forum, where you make the rules, and you can keep out whomever you wish.  Nobody is stopping you.  You would actually be doing your religion a service, if you did that.  I mean, do you read the board, and the embarrassment you are causing your own brethren, some of whom are LEGITIMATE “experts”?

Like I said, you can leave, if you don’t like what this forum allows.  Nobody made you sign up, and nobody is making you stay.  If you want to stay, then start abiding by the qualifications listed above.  This forum is not for your temper tantrums and crying jags….It is for people to find out information about Jehovah’s Witnesses, regardless of which perspective they wish to receive it.  

And some people might actually not have a bias EITHER WAY, and would genuinely like to see the evidence from BOTH sides...Did y'all ever think of that?

And if you stay, and if you continue to lie and twist what we believe, then we will continue to refute you.  Its just that simple.  If you simply decide to do what you SHOULD be doing…answering questions with accuracy….then I don’t think you will have any issues with the rest of us.

My advice…Grow up.  If you don’t like the rules of this forum, then start your own.  Nobody is stopping you.

Have a nice day.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.