Jehovah`s Witness/What didn't happen

Question
So, based on the discussions on this board about a year ago, I was quite surprised to wake up this morning without the world ending.  The blood moon occurred, we are a full 100 years into Christ's reign, and I was expecting birds to be eating my carcass today.  I guess now we will have to wait until 2034 to see Rando's prediction come to fruition.  Oh well.

Answer
You know, I remember well those discussions, but it had clean slipped my mind that it was supposed to be today.  Yes, that was probably the most interesting this board had ever been, with all the talk about 2014 signifying the end, etc.

The thing about the birds, where you said....."I was expecting birds to be eating my carcass today."

That brought to mind a remark Rando, in a spirit of Christian love, made to me awhile back.  I quote....

ďAt the moment Jehovah withdraws his "breath of life" from you. You will defiantly know the Jehovah is the ONLY TRUE GOD. Just before you expire on that day, you and your friends will see a dog lapping up your very soul and there will be no remembrance of you. Give that to your so called mom that is imposing as a JW. LOL Jehovah himself will laugh at you. (Psalms 2:4) Hallelujah! The wicked one will be NO MORE! You spit on Jehovah's Holy Spirit, I spit on your carcass that will serve has meaty parts for the birds."

I don't know about you, Adam, but I am pretty thankful that these guys have no hand in the decision of what happens to you and me.  Wouldn't that be bad?  I'm glad that one is already settled, as born again, bought-by-the-blood, children of God.  And there is nothing that they can do about that, no matter how many slanderous lies they tell, or how many judgments they try to pronounce on us.  We stand on the promise of Christ, and the Word of God.

Well, as for the birds not munching on our carcass, I guess he must be disappointed right now.  But after reading Rando's and DW's seemingly contradictory comments about those birds, I'm trying to figure out if the birds are literal, or not.  Rando seems to think not, but DW thinks they are.  And they talk about us......

As for waiting until 2034, I notice he is trying to play "middle of the road" on that one.  Basically, he wants to IMPLY it strongly like it means something, but is not confident enough to actually say it means anything.  That way, no matter what does or doesn't happen, he can either say...."See, I told you so!!" , or, "What?? I didn't say anything was going to happen"

I also notice that Rando claims that his discussions are "are of keen interest to many who await for God's Kingdom."

Well, I have read numerous works on prophecy, and I also know numerous JWs who study such things....I'm yet to meet a single one, who has ever even heard of Rando.  

But as for the end time prediction, as I recall, the small chat room group actually changed from 2014, and settled on the date of April 3, 2015 (if my memory serves me correctly). And not to leave us wondering WHEN on April 3 we could expect all this to transpire, I believe it was nailed down to 11:00 a.m. that morning. (Don't recall which time zone, but I would assume the one where WT Headquarters is located)

So, we're not out of the woods yet....:)

You know, I remember well when all that nonsense was taking place....all the hype about 2014.  I remember asking my mom if she knew anything about it, and she said she had heard nothing about it, and that nobody in her KH was talking about it.  She even said that true Witnesses would not be speculating on such things.  

I also recall myself, writing a response to all the hype, and stating that we are supposed to be living like Christians EVERY day, and instead of trying to pinpoint the date, we should be expecting Christ to come at ANY time.

And then, when a very level-headed JW here essentially said the same thing, he was ridiculed and told that he should not be answering questions here.  

Looking back on that debacle, I am still amazed that the words "No man knows the day nor the hour" , was somehow interpreted to mean that we CAN know, and should be trying to pinpoint the date.

I will simply use that debacle, to say this....

Jesus Christ WILL come. He said so.  And His promises can be taken to the bank.  He also warned us to be on guard against those who falsely represent Him, and those who falsely deceive people, by telling them that He has already come.  Jesus gave that warning for a reason.  Some people need to heed that warning.  

When someone, whether it be a JW, or a member of a false church, begins to predict and set dates for the return of Christ (Harold Camping, is an example), harm is done to the cause of Christ.  When the predicted day passes without Jesus' return, the world mocks Christians, and holds them up to ridicule.  

But again, the Bible also said that in the last days, there would be scoffers, who mock at the promise of His coming.  

But He will come...make no mistake about it.  And everything we see happening in this world today, only indicates that the time is getting closer and closer.  I would encourage everyone reading, to be ready to meet God.  

And there is only one way to do that....Not by coming to any church or religious Organization, regardless of whatever boastful claims they make about themselves, but by placing complete faith and trust in the shed blood of Jesus Christ.  There is ONE Mediator between God and men, and that Mediator is not a religion or a church....It is Jesus Christ.  He is not Mediator for merely 144,000 select individuals, but He is Mediator for ALl men.  God wants ALL men to be saved...not just some.

1 Tim. 2:4-6-  "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

That's pretty clear.....Jesus is Mediator for more than just a select few "anointed" JWs who think they, and only they, are part of the New Covenant.  He wants ALL men to be saved, He is the Mediator for ALL men, and He gave Himself a ransom for ALL.

To place our hope of salvation in our participation with a certain religion, or our adherence to its dictates, is spiritual suicide.  It is an insult to our Savior, Who took our place on the cross, and shed His blood for our sins.

Despite any failed prediction by certain JWs, or any other religious group, for what is supposed to happen on a certain date, let me be clear.....God is NOT going to reveal the exact time to anybody.  He gives us signs to see, to show us the time is short.  We can see world events in the light of Bible prophecy, but we do not know the exact moment.  I believe we are definitely in that time. But He also wants us to live EVERY day, as if it could happen that day.  We are to be on guard, watching and waiting for His return.

I apologize for going on and on, but I think this topic is an excellent place for a presentation of the TRUE Gospel, and plan of salvation.  Salvation is a free gift.  Its not something we can earn by obedience to a religion....It comes only by faith in Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9-  "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Notice how the good works, are to FOLLOW salvation, and not produce it?  Being saved is a gift of God, and comes by His grace alone.  But good works should be the fruit of BEING saved, not the means of becoming saved.

Same thing in the following passage....

Titus 3:4-5-  "But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

Clearly, we are NOT saved by ANY work of righteousness, but by God's mercy, love, and kindness.  But because He was so loving as to offer us salvation when we have done nothing to deserve it, we should spend our lives doing good works, as seen just a few verses later....

v. 8-  "This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men."

Adam, let us pray that these people who have blindly trusted in this Organization and actually believe that being a part of it is somehow necessary for their salvation, will have the blinders removed from their eyes and from their hearts, and they will come to true saving faith in Christ Jesus.  Its happened to countless former JWs all over the world, and it can happen to any who will call on Christ alone, out of a pure heart.

Thanks for writing, and reminding me about those discussions.  Just goes to show that people need to follow the Bible alone, and not let their desire for the end to come, to get the best of them, and cloud their judgment.  

God bless you and your family.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland