Jehovah`s Witness/pathetic heaven?

The One Who Knows All wrote at 2014-10-22 00:33:26

As a JW, I understand  that Jesus has 2 different rolls as a mediator. 1) he is the mediator of the new covenant that replaced the Mosaic covenant between God and  the  Natural nation of Israelite.  The New covenant was between God and a spiritual nation of Israel – those that are to be  “brothers” BUT Sons of God) and are to  be joint heirs of Christ ( become rule as kings and priests  with Jesus)  

That is the main way that JWs understand his roll as mediator.  

(personal opinion) The second way Jesus is to be a mediator is through the privilege of prayer. No one van approach the Father unless they come though Jesus.  That makes him the mediator of our prayers.

Attending conventions or meetings is NOT mandatory.  There are no sanctions for any one that does not attend.  That is what mandatory suggests.  The Bible encourages us not to forget or forsake or neglect  the meeting together.  That is why we make every effort to attend if our circumstances allow.

If there is any new information it will be published in the next year after all the conventions around the world have concluded.  There were some changes in “understanding: and at the convention I attended, words such as  “apparently...”  or  “it appears...”  or  “it seems...” so there was no dogmatic view put forward of the “new explanations”.  Those words also appear in many publications when giving a possible explanation about a subject that is not clear.  Unfortunately many people forget about the words in “ “  and at times take too many “explanations” as unbreakable truths, when all they are, are possible explanations.

When it comes to having to be part of this “organisation” we do not know 100% for a certainty that is so, because no man is the judge.  All Judging has been committed by God to his Son. For those that came out of Egypt there was a vast mixed company?  Does that foreshadow future events? We do not know? In the time of Noah only those that obeyed God were saved. IS that complete foreshadow of future events?  We do not know, but it dose set a pattern. In both cases those that were “saved” had to have an active faith in what God said.  In the case of Egypt there was a large mixed company that suddenly joined themselves to the Israelites at the last possible minute.

What we do know is that to be “saved” WE as an individual must be doing what God requires as we work out our own salvation.

Kevin, Derrick boasts of using scriptures compared to some trouble making JWs here.  There are JWs here who will  answer you politely and honestly by using the Bible. If you want scriptural answers to any of those questions please write to one of the sensible JWs on this site such as Carol Massey, Brenton Hepburn, Elbert Spears,  Bro. David Drake DeLaurentos,  or  Abijah,

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.