Jehovah`s Witness/Hearing the voice of God?

Question
Hello Dear Brother,
I have heard that Jehovah's Witnesses can hear God's voice. Is this true and what does it sound like? I have no doubt in God's power and I'm sure he could communicate with anyone he so desired to do so. I think the Bible mentions that he had communication with some of the people in the Old Testament.
 Thanks for taking this question.

Sincerly,
Phil

Answer
     We hear Jehovah`s voice today only through his written word ,  2nd timothy 3 verse 16 tells us : All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

The Bible does mention that a voice came from Heaven , At Matthew 3:17 Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”

In three instances in the Bible record, Jehovah is reported as speaking audibly to humans. These are: (1) At the time of Jesus’ baptism (29 C.E.), when Jehovah said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” Both Jesus and John the Baptizer undoubtedly heard this voice. (Mt 3:17; Mr 1:11; Lu 3:22) (2) At Jesus’ transfiguration (32 C.E.), with the apostles Peter, James, and John present, when virtually the same words were uttered. (Mt 17:5; Mr 9:7; Lu 9:36) (3) In 33 C.E., shortly before Jesus’ last Passover, when, responding to Jesus’ request that God glorify his name, a voice from heaven said: “I both glorified it and will glorify it again.” The crowd thought that it had thundered or that an angel had spoken to Jesus.—John 12:28, 29.
On those occasions it was Jehovah God who made himself manifest by means of audible sounds of speech understandable to his servants. Evidently in the last-named instance the crowd did not hear the voice distinctly, since some compared it to thunder. Jehovah undoubtedly was the speaker on those occasions, because Jesus, in connection with whom the statements were made, was God’s own Son, closer to the Father than any other creature was.—Mt 11:27.
Speaking to a group of unbelieving Jews, about the time of the Passover of 31 C.E., Jesus told them: “Also, the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. You have neither heard his voice at any time nor seen his figure; and you do not have his word remaining in you, because the very one whom he dispatched you do not believe.” (John 5:37, 38) This unbelieving crowd had never heard God’s voice, and they were not obeying his word or even the obvious witness they received through God’s support of Jesus’ works. For that matter, apparently only Jesus and John the Baptizer had heard the audible voice of Jehovah, for the last two instances of Jehovah’s speaking had not yet occurred at this point.
On other occasions when God ‘spoke,’ angels were used as his representatives to provide the vocal manifestation. Angels represented God in speaking to Moses in Mount Horebrews and to Israel, assembled near the foot of the mountain. (Ex 34:4-7; 20:1-17; Ga 3:19) These angels sometimes did not present any visible appearance of a form, as when the voice came from the quaking, smoking mountain. (Ex 20:18, 19; De 4:11, 12; Heb 12:18, 19) At times they made visionary appearances (Daniel 8:1, 15, 16; Re 14:15-18) and on several occasions materialized in human form to bring spoken messages to men.—Ge 18:1-3, 20; 19:1; Joshua 5:13-15.
Hearing the Voice of God. To ‘hear the voice of God’ does not necessarily mean the hearing of a literal, audible voice. It more often means recognizing and hearing with obedience what God has caused to be written in his Word and transmitted through his earthly servants who represent him. (1Jo 2:3, 4) Thus, “voice” is used as applying to “every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth,” his commands whether presented to the individual verbally by God himself or by angels or men, or in inspired writing.—Psalm 103:20; Mt 4:4;

Look up the Scriptures in your personal bible

High Regards Elbert  

Jehovah`s Witness

Elbert Spears