Jehovah`s Witness/II Cor 11:4

For as it is, if someone comes and preaches a Jesus other than the one we preached, or you receive a spirit other than what you received, or good news other than what you accepted,+ you easily put up with him.

Hi,Sister T who is the Jesus , the Spirit and what the good news that Paul preached?

Hello and thank you for writing,

2 Corinthians 11:4  "For as it is, if someone comes and preaches a Jesus other than the one we preached, or you receive a spirit other than what you received, or good news other than what you accepted, you easily put up with him."

The books of Corinthians are letters that Paul wrote to the first century christian congregations.  

The Jesus that Paul preached is the Jesus who literally died for our sins by which means we may gain salvation.  He is the Son of the living Almighty God Jehovah.   Paul stated that the Jesus he preached had a God and Father.  

2 Corinthians 1:2,3  "May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort,"

Acts 9:19,20  "......He stayed for some days with the disciples in Damascus, 20 and immediately in the synagogues he began to preach about Jesus, that this one is the Son of God. "

1 Cor 11:1-3  "Become imitators of me, just as I am of Christ.  2 I commend you because in all things you remember me and you are holding fast the traditions just as I handed them on to you. 3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God."

The Spirit that Paul preached is Jehovah's holy spirit that he gives to help ones in carrying out his divine purpose.

2 Corinthians 1:21,22 "But the one who guarantees that you and we belong to Christ and the one who anointed us is God. 22 He has also put his seal on us and has given us the token of what is to come, that is, the spirit, in our hearts."

Eph 1:13,14  "But you also hoped in him after you heard the word of truth, the good news about your salvation. After you believed, you were sealed by means of him with the promised holy spirit, 14 which is a token in advance of our inheritance, for the purpose of releasing God’s own possession by a ransom, to his glorious praise."

Jesus spoke about ones receiving his Father's holy spirit, because having Jehovah's holy spirit enabled them to be able to teach others the things that Jesus had taught them.

John 14:26 "But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you."

Acts 1:4,5  "While he was meeting with them, he ordered them: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but keep waiting for what the Father has promised, about which you heard from me; 5 for John, indeed, baptized with water, but you will be baptized with holy spirit not many days after this.”

Luke 24:44-49   "He then said to them: “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was yet with you, that all the things written about me in the Law of Moses and in the Prophets and Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened up their minds fully to grasp the meaning of the Scriptures, 46 and he said to them, “This is what is written: that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, 47 and on the basis of his name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem. 48 You are to be witnesses of these things. 49 And look! I am sending upon you what my Father promised. You, though, stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

Jesus here is telling his disciples not to leave Jerusalem but wait for the helper, his Father's holy spirit, which he also calls "power from on high"  This helps us to see that God's holy spirit isn't a person.  

They received this holy spirit or power from on high:

Acts 2:1-4   "Now while the day of the Festival of Pentecost was in progress, they were all together at the same place. 2 Suddenly there was a noise from heaven, just like that of a rushing, stiff breeze, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed, and one came to rest on each one of them, 4 and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak."

This is the spirit that Paul is referring to in his letter to the Corinthians.

The Good News that Paul preached is the same Good news that Jesus preached while on Earth....Paul says here:

Galatians 1:6,7 "I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from the One who called you with Christ’s undeserved kindness to another sort of good news. 7 Not that there is another good news; but there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ."

What did the Christ teach and talk about while on earth?  Jesus tells us:

Matthew 24:14   "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

Luke 4:43,44 "But he said to them: “I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.” 44 So he went on preaching in the synagogues of Ju·de′a."

Luke 8:1 "Shortly afterward he traveled from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God. And the Twelve were with him,"

So we can see that Jesus preached about the Good News of the Kingdom of God.  He also taught his followers to pray for that Kingdom to come and for his Father's will to take place on earth as in heaven.

Matthew 6:10 "Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth."

The Bible book of Daniel helps us to see that God's Kingdom is a real government.

Daniel 2:44 "“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, "

These are some of the things Paul preached about, but as you can see in the cited scripture above Galatians 1:6,7, there were ones who were causing trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ.  

We today see the same thing, there are false prophets who distort the good news.  That's why it's important to read your Bible daily and make sure that what you are being taught is from the Bible and not just opinions of people, because that's where you find the false teachings such as the Trinity that teaches Jesus is Almighty God and that God came in the flesh, rather than the Jesus that Paul preached which says that Jesus has a God and Father.  Paul didn't teach that Jesus was equal to his Father as is cited above at 1 Cor 11:3.  

Also note, Paul became an apostle after Jesus went back to heaven, (Acts 9:3-6) Jesus was not a human on earth at that time, no one can truthfully claim Jesus was only unequal to God in human form on earth, because Paul's teachings were after Jesus was a mighty spirit person back in heaven, and this is when Paul stated that the head of the Christ is God. (John 8:32)

Here is an article that also explains what the Kingdom of God will do for mankind.

Hope that helps, follow up if needed

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)