Jehovah`s Witness/JW's and salvation

Question
There have been some discussions going back and forth on whether or not one must be a JW to be saved.  To find out what JW's believe, one must go directly to the Watchtower.

Answer
Notice in the following two articles the way a Witness is to deal with the question "Do Jehovah's witnesses believe that only they will be saved?" Stating that only Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved is to be avoided. It is recommended to say NO; even though the explanation given shows the answer is yes. After reading the whole paragraph, it is clear what is meant.

"Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved? No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation." Jehovah's Witnesses, Who are they? What do they believe? (2002) p.29

"Do Jehovah's witnesses believe that only they will be saved?
Jehovah's witnesses believe that many will be saved who are not now Jehovah's witnesses. But with regard to the coming "great tribulation," and being saved through that conflict, the Bible shows that people must now turn to God and take their stand on his side if they wish protection from Him. Jesus said: "Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. . . . they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matt. 24:21, 37-39) Noah and his family, however, were saved through the Flood, because they served Jehovah God. All the others were destroyed. Jesus said that is what will happen at the coming "great tribulation," and this Jehovah's witnesses believe." Watchtower 1970 Apr 15 p.247

Other quotes from the Watchtower regarding this subject:

"They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovahs organization is essential to their salvation."   Kingdom Ministry 1990 Nov p.1

"And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovahs organization for salvation,   the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone, like a "great war cry."" Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.21

"But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization,   there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy." Watchtower 1993 Sep 15 p.22

"But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things."   Watchtower 2007 Dec 15 p.14

"But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave", made up of spirit-anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life,   no matter how much Bible reading we do." Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.27

"Direct Interest Progressively on Bible Studies: The primary purpose of a Bible study is to teach the truth of God's Word. It should also build in the student an appreciation for Jehovahs organization and make him aware of the vital need to become part of it.   ... The weekly Bible study should include instruction that will help students appreciate the organization and take advantage of provisions for their salvation.   Kingdom Ministry 1993 Apr p.3

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil."   Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it."   Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on   their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovahs universal organization."   Watchtower 2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?"

"In effect, Jesus also conveys Jehovah’s voice to us as he directs the congregation through “the faithful and discreet slave.” (Matt. 24:45) We need to take this guidance and direction seriously, for our everlasting life depends on our obedience."   Watchtower 2014 Aug 15 p.21

So there is a vital connection between Jehovahs protection in the antitypical city of refuge and His visible congregation of spiritual Israelites, supervised by the faithful and discreet slave." Watchtower 1967 Aug 15 p.499

"Any person who wants to survive   into God's righteous new order urgently needs to come into a right relationship with Jehovah and His earthly organization now."   Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 pp.16-17

So, who is the mediator between God and men?  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard