Jehovah`s Witness/Question

Question
hello Sister T,
 I had someone come by my house an invite me to a gathering of your people that was going to last 3 days; it was about the "looking for some kingdom". To begin with, I am very busy with my work but at the same time i would like to learn more about your God who you claim can provide protection for me and my family. Is this really true and can you explain me why this is important to me

Thanks, God's speed

Answer
Hello and thank you for writing,

Yes, the invitation that you received is regarding the 3 day convention with the theme, "Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom" taken from the Bible at Matthew 6:33 "

You can see all the topics that will be discussed on our website, here is a link regarding the Convention.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/conventions/

I'm sure you are a very busy person working to take care of your family, so I appreciate you taking the time to write in asking to learn about the Almighty God, Jehovah.  Please feel free to write and ask any question you have.

When you say "who you claim can provide protection for me and my family.  Is this really true and can you explain me why this is important to me"

The answer to that question is Yes, Jehovah God is the protector and provider of those who love and serve him.  It should be important to you because as people we were made to rely on God, we were not made to direct even our own step.

Prov. 3:5,6 "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, And do not rely on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways take notice of him, And he will make your paths straight."

Jeremiah 10:23 "I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

In order to trust in Jehovah with all your heart, you first need to learn the truth about him through the pages of the Bible.  The Bible is like a letter to us from God, he is the author of the Bible, although he had men pen, or write down his thoughts.  Just as a secretary at a job would write a letter to someone from her boss, she penned it, but the thoughts were not hers, but that of her boss. So God did with the Bible, he's the author.

As you read the Bible you will learn that Jehovah is a God of Love, Justice, Wisdom, and Power, you also learn he has always provided for and protected his servants throughout history.  I am going to quote a few articles for you at the end and also include the link where you can read the rest for yourself.  But our obedience to Jehovah now means everlasting life in the future.  

You and your family have the wonderful prospect of living forever, as Jehovah originally intended for all mankind. But an angel who turned evil and made himself into Satan the Devil (Slanderer & Opposer) succeeded in turning the first human pair, Adam and Eve, away from obeying Jehovah.  (Genesis 3:4,5 "But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’” 4 At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die.")

They sinned against God by eating of the fruit he told them not to eat.   (Genesis 2:16,17 "Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”    Genesis 3:6 "Consequently, the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something desirable to the eyes, yes, the tree was pleasing to look at. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward, she also gave some to her husband when he was with her, and he began eating it.)

The consequences of that act was sin and death and it caused us, Adam and Eve's offspring, to inherit sin and death.   (Romans 5:12  "That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned—. )

Because of God's love for us, he immediately put into place the means by which we might get saved, at great lost to himself, he sent his only begotten son Jesus, to die for our sins, so that our sins can be forgiven and we gain everlasting life   (John 3:16 "“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.")

Not only that, but our loved ones who have passed away because of inheriting imperfection from Adam, Jehovah will lovingly bring them back to life, yes, he will resurrect ones who have died back on to the earth  (John 5:28,29  "Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.")  to continue with what he had first purposed when he created Adam and Eve, which was to fill the earth with perfect people and care for the earth and have the animals in subjection.  (Genesis 1:28 "Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”   Genesis 2:15 "Jehovah God took the man and settled him in the garden of E′den to cultivate it and to take care of it.")

See the thing about this is God cannot lie (Hebrews 6:18; "in order that through two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie....."   Titus 1:2 "and is based on a hope of the everlasting life that God, who cannot lie, promised long ago;")  When he says something it will be accomplished, it will not return to him without results, (Isaiah 55:11 "So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.")

In Genesis 1:28 we clearly see God's purpose was for perfect humans to live on the earth and fill the earth, cultivate it and take care of it along with the animals.  If Adam had not disobeyed, he would have never died, in fact he'd still be alive to this very day!  

Would God let his creations thwart his purpose?  Absolutely not!!  Even though God is letting time pass so that there is no doubt that men making their own rules with Satan's influence isn't working apart from him.  Many people today do not look to God, they look to themselves or another imperfect human, and Satan's accusation that all men would curse God if they went through hard times that included their very lives, will not succeed, because there are ones who really love Jehovah and keep their integrity regardless of what Satan throws their way to try and get them to not obey God.  But the sad part is that the majority of people today do not seek the true God.  (Acts 17:27; John 17:3)  We can see this from the Bible account of Job.  (Job 2: 4,5  "But Satan answered Jehovah: “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life. 5 But, for a change, stretch out your hand and strike his bone and flesh, and he will surely curse you to your very face.”)

Satan's attempts to turn everyone away from Jehovah will not succeed, so the time Jehovah is allowing to pass before he brings his purpose for mankind and this earth is at it's last moments.  We are living in the time of the end, the last days (2 Timothy 3:1 "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.")

So Jehovah's purpose for this earth has to happen, perfect people will live on this earth forever, because he can't lie, and his words will not return to him without results.

Psalm 37:29 "The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it."

When we obey Jehovah and what he has laid out for us in his Word the Bible, we are protected in many ways, in a spiritual sense, we are not enslaved to the lies that Satan promotes, or the attitudes of this wicked system, which produce murders, hatred, war, etc. Satan has religions that teach lies about God, such as the soul never dies, or that God is cruel and sadistic and tortures people forever in a burning hellfire.  Or that God is a Trinity, which denies Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh.   Learning the truth about God and what he requires of us will keep us safe from the lies of this world that is alienated from God.  As Jesus said at John 8:32 "and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

As you consider the Bible you will come to see that Jehovah is the God of a people, when Moses lead the Israelites out of Egypt, we read that they left together and they remained together, when the Israelites were set free, they didn't just scatter over the surface of the earth and take their families and go live where ever they found that was good.  No, they remained as one, (Exodus 13:18-22)  they were even called a chosen nation at that time. (Deut. 7:6) We see from the Bible many, many accounts of how Jehovah protected the Israelites from enemy nations, from Satan and his demons, etc.  The only problem was the Israelites did not remain faithful to God, time and time again, they left him to worship other gods.   

Jehovah forgave them time and time again, until they rejected his son Jesus, thus Jehovah rejected them as a nation.  (Matthew 21:42, 43)  Jehovah took out of the nations a people for his name (Acts 15:14, 17) New Jerusalem, the Israel of God, (Rev. 3:12; Gal 6:16)  which was during the time of the first century Christians, these ones are who we today, as Jehovah's Witnesses continue on in Jehovah's service.    

Just like back in the time of the Israelites, if people wanted to serve Jehovah and gain his approval and acceptance, they became Jewish proselytes, they had to be circumcised and they had to live their life according to the Law of Moses. (Exodus 12:48,49)  As with the first century Christians, ones were baptized after cleaning up their lives and leaving false religion alone (1 Corinthians 6:9,10; Matthew 28:19,20)  Then and only then could their worship to God be acceptable.  As we must worship with spirit and truth!  (John 4:23,24)  Well today, people who also want to serve Jehovah as their God, and enjoy the endless blessings that he has instore for mankind, need to leave false religion behind, clean up their lives, they need to live their lives according to the law of the Christ, and be of one mind.  As the Bible says, we should all speak in agreement.  (Gal. 6:2; 1 Corinthians 1:10)  Because God is not of disorder (1 Corinthians 14:33).  In order for that to be accomplished ones would need to be organized with what they need to speak in agreement about.  That's what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today, just like in the first century we have men who take the lead, just like Moses and other capable men took the lead, (Exodus 18:25) or like the first century Christians had men who took the lead (Hebrews 13:17; Acts 15:1,2; James 5:14) only it's not doctrines of men, but the Bible that is strictly adhered to.  (1 Thessalonians 2:13)  We, the world over, worship only Jehovah God, we follow our leader Jesus Christ, and obey what God laid out for us in his Word the Bible to the best of our abilities.  We do not follow doctrines of men who teach lies about our God Jehovah.  But we teach the truth from the Bible, which is in complete harmony.  Not the contradictions that false religion teaches many people, which is illogical and confusing.  (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

It's important that you know and learn the truth about God so that you can have everlasting life for you and your family.  Because that's the gift that God gives through his son Jesus Christ, and we can't earn that gift by doing works, it's a free gift, but God has requirements if you want to benefit from that free gift.  Just like he has always had requirements for his people from the beginning of human existence.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord."

Isaiah 48:17 "This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel:  “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk."

Jeremiah 7:23 "But I did give them this command: “Obey my voice, and I will become your God, and you will become my people. You must walk in all the way that I command, so that it may go well with you.”’

1 John 5:3 "For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,"

Here are just a few articles about Jehovah as being a provider and protector.  You will learn much more if you attend the Convention, it is free, no collection is ever taken, you can go and come as you please, bring a lunch for you and your family, the spiritual information that you will receive is invaluable, the joy of Jehovah is a stronghold. (Nehemiah 8:10)  and I'll leave you with this last scripture:

Romans 15:13 "May the God who gives hope fill you with all joy and peace by your trusting in him, so that you may abound in hope with power of holy spirit."

<<<http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007805>>>

Jehovah’s Protection in Our Day

15 As we have seen, the Israelites of Joshua’s day needed Jehovah’s protection. Are Jehovah’s people in modern times any different? Hardly! Jesus warned his followers: “People will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.” (Matthew 24:9) Over the years, Jehovah’s Witnesses in many lands have endured bitter opposition and cruel persecution. Yet, Jehovah has proved to be with his people. (Romans 8:31) His Word assures us that nothing—‘no weapon formed against us’—will stop our Kingdom-preaching and teaching work.—Isaiah 54:17.

16 Despite the world’s hatred, Jehovah’s people have prospered. Jehovah’s Witnesses are flourishing in 236 lands—compelling evidence, indeed, that Jehovah is with us to protect us from those who wish to crush or silence us. Can you recall the names of mighty political or religious leaders who during your lifetime bitterly oppressed God’s people? What has happened to them? Where are they now? Most have been brought to nothing, just like Pharaoh in the days of Moses and Joshua. And what of God’s modern-day servants who died faithful? They are protected in Jehovah’s memory. There is no safer place for them to be. Clearly, in the matter of protection, Jehovah’s words have proved true.

<<<<End>>>

<<<<http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014846>>>>

“WE WANT TO GO WITH YOU”

13 We have seen in the preceding article that in ancient Israel, foreigners could worship Jehovah acceptably, but such foreigners had to associate with Jehovah’s covenant people. (1 Ki. 8:41-43) Similarly today, those who are not spiritual Israelites must associate with Jehovah’s people, “the sons of the Kingdom”—Jehovah’s anointed Witnesses.

14 The flocking of many humans to worship Jehovah with his people in this time of the end was foretold by two ancient prophets. Isaiah prophesied: “Many peoples will go and say: ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.’ For law will go out of Zion, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.” (Isa. 2:2, 3) Likewise, the prophet Zechariah foretold that “many peoples and mighty nations will come to seek Jehovah of armies in Jerusalem and to beg for the favor of Jehovah.” He depicted them as “ten men out of all the languages of the nations” who, symbolically speaking, would take hold of the robe of spiritual Israel, saying: “We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people.”—Zech. 8:20-23.

15 The “other sheep” “go with” the spiritual Israelites in the work of preaching the good news of the Kingdom. (Mark 13:10) They become a part of God’s people, “one flock” with the anointed, under “the fine shepherd,” Christ Jesus.—Read John 10:14-16.

FIND PROTECTION WITH JEHOVAH’S PEOPLE

16 After the destruction of Babylon the Great, there will be an all-out assault on Jehovah’s people, and at that time we will need to be under the protection that Jehovah will provide for his servants. Since this attack will trigger the final part of the “great tribulation,” it is Jehovah himself who will set the stage and choose the moment for this showdown. (Matt. 24:21; Ezek. 38:2-4) At that time, Gog will attack “a people regathered from the nations,” Jehovah’s people. (Ezek. 38:10-12) That attack will be the signal for the execution of Jehovah’s judgments against Gog and his hordes. Jehovah will magnify his sovereignty and sanctify his name, for he says: “I will certainly . . . make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.”—Ezek. 38:18-23.

<<<<End>>>>

<<<<http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014125>>>>

JEHOVAH PROTECTS

15 A loving father not only provides for his children but also seeks to protect them. He would naturally try to rescue them if they were in danger. One brother remembers a specific incident that occurred when he was just a young boy. He and his father were returning home from the field service when their path took them across a stream. A heavy downpour that morning had caused the brook to flood. The only way to cross the water was to jump from one large stone to another. Going ahead of his father, the boy lost his footing on one of the stones, tumbled into the flooding water, and went under twice. How grateful the boy was that his father quickly grabbed him firmly by the shoulder and saved him from drowning! Our heavenly Father delivers us from what might be viewed as raging torrents of this wicked world and from its ruler, Satan. Jehovah is certainly the best Protector anyone could ever hope to have.—Matt. 6:13; 1 John 5:19.

16 The loving protection made possible by Jehovah is well-illustrated by what occurred after he rescued the Israelites from Egyptian bondage and miraculously protected them as they crossed the Red Sea in 1513 B.C.E. After trekking through the wilderness toward Mount Sinai, the nation arrived at Rephidim.

17 In view of the divine prophecy of Genesis 3:15, Satan may have been desperate as he looked for an opportunity to attack the vulnerable Israelites. He did this through the Amalekites, who were enemies of God’s people. (Num. 24:20) Consider what Jehovah accomplished by means of four faithful men—Joshua, Moses, Aaron, and Hur. As Joshua fought the Amalekites, stationed on a nearby hill were Moses, Aaron, and Hur. The Israelites proved superior in battle when Moses raised his hands. When his hands became heavy, Aaron and Hur supported them. So it was that with Jehovah’s help and protection, “Joshua defeated Amalek and his people.” (Ex. 17:8-13) Moses built an altar there, calling it “Jehovah-nissi,” which means “Jehovah Is My Signal Pole.”—Read Exodus 17:14, 15; ftn.

KEPT SAFE FROM SATAN’S CLUTCHES

18 Jehovah protects those who love and obey him. Like the Israelites at Rephidim, we look to God for safety when confronted by enemies. Jehovah has often protected us as a group, and he keeps us out of the Devil’s clutches. Think of the many occasions when God has safeguarded our brothers who were maintaining their Christian neutrality. For example, this was the case during the Nazi era in Germany and other countries in the 1930’s and early 1940’s. Reading and reflecting on life stories and Yearbook accounts of God’s protection during times of persecution will strengthen our trust in Jehovah as our Refuge.—Ps. 91:2.

<<<End>>>

Sister T

jw.org
tv.jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T