Jehovah`s Witness/Rando's post re: Eddie G

Hello Derrick.

I trust this finds you in good spirits despite the recent goings on and what seems to me obvious underhanded and unsubstantiated accusations, misdirections and obfuscation. I am writing to express my displeasure and sadness at the way my supposed JW brethren are behaving and the tactics being used. I tried to write to Rando regarding his latest post however his account seems to be permanently maxed out. This in itself seems disingenuous if one is supposed to be here fielding questions.
I am particularly disturbed that personal attacks seem to be the order of the day for some rather than reasoning on the scriptures and using the scriptures to back up interpretations or ones understanding. I see no mildness as we are so encouraged to display. The attack on you using your truthfulness about your mother's marriage, not to mention even bringing your mom a fellow JW into his argument, was in my opinion deplorable. Rando should retract and apologize.

I am appealing to all JWs experts on this forum to please be civil. It reflects poorly the manner in which some have behaved. To be clear, some are exemplary in how they conduct themselves others not so much. As humans we can get caught up in the "argument" but please step back refocus and lets be more Christ like.

Derrick, I am so sorry that you have to keep defending yourself from these personal attacks. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that despite any differences in our current understanding of scripture I am glad you continue to address the attacks in the straightforward way you do.

Love in Christ.

P.s. While I did not want to detract from the above, it occurs to me and likely others that if real names were used by experts perhaps we would have more civil discourse. Hmmmm, perhaps we would be more careful as there could be no hiding behind handles from people we actually know. Seems to me experts using real names have been more forthcoming.

Good evening, Phillip.  How are you?  

Yeah, I'm doing fine.  These guys/gals don't have anything of substance against me.  They know it, and I know it, and honest readers like you know it.  And your being a JW, but still being able to be honest and objective enough to see and acknowledge what they are doing, says a lot.  I appreciate your candor, and your honesty, and your willingness to offer an apology that they should be the ones offering.

Rando is about the most disingenuous "Expert" that this board has ever seen.  Almost nothing that comes from his keyboard, is the truth.  So, when he posts that Eddie is a man of integrity....Well, that and .25, would buy a cup of coffee.  I would like to respond to his babble this morning, but I honestly couldn't even figure out what it was he was trying to say.  It made no sense at all.  I think he was trying to falsely claim that I deleted some reference to my screen name being "MtnMan" in that chat room, which is such a ridiculous lie, that I don't even know why he would tell it.  All anybody has to do is follow the link to the comment where Mr. DeLaurentos referenced that screen name, and it becomes clear that it has not been deleted.  In fact, it is right there where its always been....In the "View Follow Ups" section where readers can add comments to the answer.  Not hard to find....

Outside of that, I have never seen such mindless babble. I have read his reply 3 times, and still can't figure out what he is rambling about.

But Phillip, I know it takes a great deal for you to write this to someone like me, considering it is your fellow JWs who are doing it.  For you to do it, carries a great deal of weight.  Nobody can accuse you of being doctrinally biased for me...You agree with their doctrine, but yet, recognize that their conduct is anything BUT "Christian".  I am glad to know there are some JWs who view honesty and setting a good example, as more important than a personal axe to grind with somebody.  

I truthfully hate to be as straightforward as I have had to be the past few days, but that is all these few experts understand.  There is absolutely no excuse for Eddie G showing such a low amount of character, that he thinks he is above admitting when he has been wrong.  No excuse whatsoever.  There was no excuse for Ms. T trying to jump in there and take up for him in it, either.  And there certainly was no excuse for DW trying to fabricate a "lie" from me, on a situation that he knew very well what happened, in that chat forum.  

Again, I know the refutations from me have been worded quite harshly, but I do not believe anything I said about them, was inaccurate.  They have shown some of the most deplorable character of any people I have ever encountered anywhere....all in the name of Jehovah God.  

You know, DW made reference a few weeks ago, to "apostates" writing him and telling him to leave the board.  Now, I don't know for sure what he was talking about, but I thought of you,  and thought that perhaps maybe you had written to him.  Not that I'M saying you're an apostate, because I believe you're a Witness who merely is sick and tired of the way these people act, and the way they represent your religion.  But I can just see DW labeling someone as an "apostate", merely for disagreeing with him, and calling him out.  DW thinks he is above reproof, evidently.  They can't fathom that one of their own, might be sickened by their lies and unchristian actions.

I appreciate your making an appeal to them to be civil.  Unfortunately, when Mr. Hepburn tried this very thing back in the Spring, he was flogged, mocked, and railed against....For DARING to suggest they were setting a bad example.  They apparently don't respond well to Scriptures such as....

Prov. 27:5-6-  "Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

I appreciate your willingness to appeal to them, but I wouldn't hold my breath on them actually heeding it.  They have been shown Scriptures about lying and slander, but even the Scriptures don't seem to matter to them.

I also really appreciated what you said here....

"The attack on you using your truthfulness about your mother's marriage, not to mention even bringing your mom a fellow JW into his argument, was in my opinion deplorable. Rando should retract and apologize."

Yeah, he is about as low down as a person can get.  But again, he cowardly hides behind a computer screen, doesn't use his full name, and knows full well he would be in hot water with his congregation, if his identity were known.  Who knows if "Rando" is even a real name?  So, all his talk about being "property of the Faithful and Discreet Slave", is nothing but a front.  He knows full well he would be in trouble, if his elders saw how he conducts himself.  

The thing is, my mother is a thousand times the devoted Witness that he is.  Since she was reinstated over 30 years ago, she has been completely sold out to the Society, and is the most dedicated Witness that I know.  Not even close, on that one.  But you know...I'm not letting him get under my skin with that wicked and deplorable tactic.  Talk about him falsely accusing me of selling out my mom...Yet, he sold out his spiritual "sister" in his own religion.  You are correct...He is deplorable.  But I also know that he only dares to do it, because he is an anonymous coward, who would never say it directly to me.  So, what is it even worth?  Not much.

And along with you, I also want to point out that SOME of the Witnesses here, are very exemplary in the way they act.  

I would encourage any reader who wants an answer from a JW perspective, from a respectable and decent JW, to ask:

1.  Brenton Hepburn
2.  Carol Massey
3.  Abdijah
4.  Elbert Spears
5.  Bro. D. Drake

For the simple reason, that these Witnesses are generally respectable to their questioners, and give far more competent answers than the ones who do the most complaining in here....Namely, Rando, Eddie, DW, and Sister T.  Those are the ones to avoid, if you want sensible and intelligent dialogue, free from slander and hatred for other individuals with different beliefs.

If there were a person here from MY belief system, that acted like these 4 Witnesses do, I would say exactly the same thing about them, as well.

You said..."Derrick, I am so sorry that you have to keep defending yourself from these personal attacks."

Well, I appreciate the fact that you are willing to offer an apology that THEY should be making.  You have certainly shown far more Christ-like character than they have.  

And you know, I think you hit on something really important in your last paragraph....

"While I did not want to detract from the above, it occurs to me and likely others that if real names were used by experts perhaps we would have more civil discourse. Hmmmm, perhaps we would be more careful as there could be no hiding behind handles from people we actually know. Seems to me experts using real names have been more forthcoming."

I agree 100%.  The name you see on here, is my real one.  Now, I think its highly hypocritical for Rando to act like I'm dishonest for having a screen name in a chat forum, although thousands of people have one, and everyone in that forum KNEW it was me, and there was never an attempt to hide it.  In fact, they had been told that I would be coming into the forum.  But Rando, a guy who himself doesn't even use a full/real name, and won't reveal his own true identity, has the nerve to talk about a screen name of "MtnMan", which everyone knew was me in the first place.  

But Rando sees it as perfectly fine, to write himself, pretending to be different people.  I mean, the guy wrote himself pretending to be a Southern Baptist, who was supposedly wanting to get me kicked out of that group.  Was he ever embarrassed to learn I'm not even a Southern Baptist in the first place!  That was classic.

But you are correct, Phillip.  If these people used their real names, they would be likely act much more civilized in this forum.  They believe they are safe, using initials, or aliases, or only parts of their name.  Now, if they had integrity and acted like Christians anyway, then I wouldn't care if they used a screen name, a nickname, or just part of their name.  But when they use anonymity, as a way to make morons out of themselves and tell lies, then they truly have revealed their character for what it is.  I don't have to "attack" their character....They discredit themselves.

I wonder if its ever occurred to them, that anonymous or not, GOD still knows who they are?

In closing, I want to thank you for writing. I want to thank you for your honesty, and the display of character that you have shown.  I am sure it wasn't easy to have to acknowledge such deplorable conduct, coming from members of your religion, and I certainly understand your desire to see it represented by people who are actually competent to do so.

Take care, Phillip, and have a wonderful evening.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.