Jehovah`s Witness/True JW's cont.

Question
Thank you Sister T and DW for acknowledging my open letter.  I was hoping that the words of Governing Body would have spawned an inward examination of the words that all of the experts here choose to use when answering questions.  Instead, I feel that excuses were made for poor behavior.

Answer
Sister T, we will agree to disagree about who warrants being a JW expert on this area of the site.  A wonderful JW woman by the name of Brenda served for many years on the "Christianity" area of the site, which is set-up for the churches in Christendom.  Absolutely no one complained of her presence there despite her disagreements in doctrinal interpretation.  She was welcome to be there.

I have made every effort to answer questions about JW's with honesty and integrity, by representing JW beliefs through the use of Watchtower literature.  I strive to maintain the utmost respect while simultaneously explaining why I disagree with some things.  Brenton Hepburn is often cited as a JW expert here who operates the same way.  Your name has been linked in the same context as well as Drake Delaurentos and others.  Can you not see that the intent of my open letter is to bring decorum to this website?  The disrespect that you see from some of your comrades on here is not biblical, and it brings reproach on Jehovah's name.  I would think that would anger you.

You said, "As I've said before and will continue to say, saying that someone is wrong from the Bible's standpoint, refuting a false teaching, defending JW beliefs from being lied on, since ones continue to force their beliefs on us and others who click on Jehovah's Witnesses link, correcting twists of scriptures is not personal attacks, or disrespectful."  

I cannot agree more.  What I call into question is not that fact THAT people here are defending their beliefs or correcting what they see as misinterpretations, it is HOW they are doing it.  Doing what you said can be done with respect.

The rest is for DW.

I want to point out the key sentence in the article from the Governing Body.  "When discussing religion, we try to apply the Bible’s advice to do so with a “mild temper” and to show “deep respect” for the other person. (1 Peter 3:15)"  

1 Peter 3:15-16 says "15  But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.  16  Maintain a good conscience, so that in whatever way you are spoken against, those who speak against you may be put to shame because of your good conduct as followers of Christ." [NWT]

Honest question...why does your translation say "demands"?  Every other translation says "asks".  The Greek word means "asks, requests, begs, or petitions".  "Demands" seems adversarial.  Seriously, I would like to know.  

So, the Governing Body uses 1 Peter 3:15 to support the notion of showing a "mild temper" and "deep respect".  The next verse clearly refers to when you are spoken against  , your GOOD CONDUCT   will put them to shame.  I understand what you are saying regarding having your Father Jehovah spoken against, and these verses do not address that exactly.  However, I see much of the bad conduct of the experts on here as a result of THEM being spoken against, not their Father.

You listed replies by Jesus, Stephen, and Peter as a rationalization for showing disrespect.  The difference between what they said and what some experts say here is that they shined biblical light in their eyes.  In Matthew 3:7 (you said John 3:7, but I agree that all Christians must be born again), Jesus called them an offspring of vipers and then shined biblical light.  In Acts 7:51, Stephen called them obstinate men after he shined biblical light on them.  In Acts 5:21, Peter shined biblical light on them in an answer to why he kept teaching his beliefs.  As Sister T said, shining biblical light is not disrespectful, nor do I think anyone would care if you called someone an offspring of vipers or obstinate.  

I am not sure how I got tangled up in the meaning of the Watchtower's words.  That whole article is pretty clear and is intended to be read by non-JW's.  How else are we supposed to understand that?  Is there a secret part once you Log In that provides a caveat for poor conduct?  The answer is no.  The article says that JW's are to act with a "mild temper", "deep respect", and "good conduct" when, according to the provided scripture, they are spoken against.  To debate this fact is to go against the Governing Body.

I would like to know how these statements fit into showing a "mild temper", "deep respect", and "good conduct".

"I found out there was a a "purple dragon king" in the bible"

"ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

"Quick response to Derrick because I am so bored with his stupidity and have much better things to do than this"

"Can the readers please donate money to "The get Derrick Holland a life" fund. We need to get Derrick Holland a life so he doesn't keep interfering in everyone else's. All donations taken at: Derrickneedsalife@soboredwithDerricksnonsense.com"

"Hello Bro. DW, I was looking at how the FOOLISH Derrick Holland and his boy-toy Kevin...I tell ya my dear brother DW, Kevin and Derrick Holland NEED so much help with a Bible study from us"  

Long before these statements were made, the lack of "mild temper", "deep respect", and "good conduct" was brought to your attention by a fellow JW.  http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/2014/4/humbleness.htm  and your reply was that you had no trouble stabbing people with a spear through their genitals.  No self-evaluation.  No introspection.  Just aggression.

I hope that my point has been made clear.  My interest here as a non-JW is to shine biblical light on the different doctrinal differences as well as the misrepresentations of the beliefs of Christendom.  I will do it with respect, and most of the time I will do it using the very words of the Watchtower and the JW's who represent them.

Let's start with ending the attack on the Trinity beliefs.  Because as you said, "This is a Jehovah's witness forum so who cares about the trinity here?? Why is the trinity even being discussed here??...Eddie or me or Bro Rando don't have to have knowledge of the trinity to be on this forum we're not here for that reason. So please just give it a rest."  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard