Jehovah`s Witness/You are one of the best

No question Derrick. I just wanted to commend you for your bravery and setting things straight on the forum. You are as much needed now on this forum as you have ever been needed in the past. I have no doubt that you love God and you are doing the right thing by speaking up against Rando and his small army of misfits. I'm sure, (in all fairness) he has his followers that if he says: ''the moon is made out of cheese" they would gladly sing in harmony "yesser master." But, in my book Derrick, you are the ''cream'' that has risen to the top of this forum. Keep up the splendid work and I also really enjoyed Brother Murphy's imput.

God's Speed,

A former Muslim but now a Christian

Hello, Asmaul. Thank you so much for writing!  

I want to say that your letter was very encouraging, and I appreciate your kind words.  But I believe I was most happy about the end of your letter, where you describe yourself as a "former Muslim, but now a Christian".  It is a blessing to know that you have come into a relationship with the true God, through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ!  I would love to hear more of your story, and how you found Christ after being in the Muslim religion.

Also, I want to thank you for pointing out the necessity of having people in this forum, to keep people like Rando in check.  His conduct certainly has been deplorable, and that is a shame.  I don't see how he sleeps at night, knowing the falsehoods that he has spoken in this forum.  But one thing we know for sure....the truth of God's Word will ALWAYS win out.  

Yes, he has his followers....a couple, anyway.  I feel for people who did not set their sights any higher than that.  But it is what it is.  

I am glad to know that people like you are reading, and have an appreciation for the truth being told.  When the truth of God's Word is preached, there will always be opposition from those in darkness.  

I have seen the comments about how it is "immoral" for people to come into this forum, who are not practicing JWs, and preach the truth of God's Word and expose the error of the WT.  But what is actually immoral, is when someone like Rando, speaks outright falsehood to the readers.  And Brother Murphy brought out an excellent point, that the true "impostors", are those who say they are JWs, but give false information about their own religion.  He was correct.

But its interesting....I was reading in Acts the other day, and saw where Jesus' followers in the first century, went right into the Jewish synagogue and preached the Gospel to them.  They didn't say "Well, this building belongs to the Jews, so its immoral for us to be here preaching what they don't want to hear" .  No, they took the truth to where it was needed.  Some liked it, some didn't.  But that made no difference.  I guess some of these JWs should've been there, to tell those like Paul, how "immoral" they were for doing that.  Its odd, but JWs used to stand in front of churches, holding up signs saying "Religion is a snare and a racket" .  They still go into people's homes, who have other beliefs.  But when someone comes into a forum that they think they own, then its "immoral".  

However, this is a public forum anyway, so that argument is pointless.

But once again, I appreciate your writing to me, and I pray God's richest blessings on you and your family.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.