Jehovah`s Witness/Coward

Question
Hello Sister T

I just wanted to write to say as an unbiased reader of this site I was disappointed to see just recently the cowardly behavior of Richard. When DW was here he called Richard and Derrick out time and time again about using logical argument along with their beliefs and they never once took the challenge. Now that DW is no longer here all of a sudden Richard is trying to use a logical argument to state his case. I think that is very cowardly and disappointing to say the least.

Hope you keep well

Gary

Answer
Hello Gary,

The Bible helps us to see that God is logical and all his dealings are in order.  (1 Cor. 14:33) A God of such wonder and such order that all his creations are logical, from the timing of the seasons, to the orbit of the moon, to the logical equations, would not himself be logical?  

There is but one one faith as the Bible says at Eph 4:5...and it's important that people recognize this, as it means their very lives.  

We teach, not our own words, but from the Bible and the Bible is in complete harmony from cover to cover and logical.  And would you expect less from the sovereign of the universe?  Not at all!

We were created in God's image, (Gen. 1:26) having the ability to be able to reason and have sense or logic, as God himself says in the Bible:

Isaiah 1:18 (KJV) "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Nehemiah 8:6-8 (KJV)"And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.

8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading."

The Scriptures do not lie...it is clear from the Bible that they were able to not only understand but also used logic, or as it says "gave the sense" and "caused them to understand the reading"  

If reason, understanding, and sense applied to the Bible then, it applies to the Bible now!  Anyone who says different speaks against God and the Bible, not us.

Something to think about, why would God create us in his image in his likeness with the ability to reason and use logic if we weren't suppose to use those God given abilities when it comes to the Bible or Himself?

Take Care,

Sister T

jw.org
tv.jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T