Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah Gives Power Beyond What is Normal

Many times our dear brothers have gone through severe treatment in order to remain steadfast to Jehovah and what the Bible says...although many have been killed in their integrity stand, many faith strengthening things have occurred in the face of difficulties.

We can see that Paul and other faithful ones went through these same severe trials

2 Cor. 1:8-10  "For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the tribulation we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under extreme pressure beyond our own strength, so that we were very uncertain even of our lives. 9 In fact, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. This was so that we would trust, not in ourselves, but in the God who raises up the dead. 10 From such a great risk of death he did rescue us and will rescue us, and our hope is in him that he will also continue to rescue us."

Under normal circumstances this type of treatment would be met with surrender, but Jehovah has continued to give his servants the 'power beyond what is normal' in order for them to endure severe tests of faith.

2 Cor 4:7 "However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us."

Taken from JW Yearbook:

‘Don’t Ask God to Punish Me’

Though many prison officers were tolerant of the Witnesses, some were not. One head guard in a military prison deprived the brothers of food and blankets whenever he was on duty. This guard was vicious. Hugo Coronel relates: “One morning before dawn, this guard kicked open my cell door, dragged me out, and pointing to five armed soldiers, told me that my hour had arrived. He tried to get me to sign a paper renouncing my faith. When I refused, he told me to write my mother a letter because I was about to die. Infuriated, he next put me against a brick wall, told the firing squad to raise their guns, and gave the order ‘Fire!’ I heard only the firing pins click. The rifles were not loaded. It was merely a trick designed to break my integrity. That guard, sure that I would be weeping in fear, came over to me. Seeing that I was calm, he lost control and began shouting. I was taken back to my cell, a little shaken but happy that Jehovah had answered my prayers to be steadfast.”

A few days before Hugo was to be transferred to another prison, the head guard announced to the entire barracks that the next day, he was going to force Hugo to put on a uniform. Even Jehovah could not prevent it, the guard said. What happened? “The next day,” says Hugo, “we found out that the guard had been decapitated in a terrible auto accident. This had a tremendous impact on the entire prison population. Most felt that God had punished the soldier for his boasts and threats. In fact, the guard that took me to my cell that night begged me not to ask God to punish him also!” Hugo now serves as an elder in Villa Urquiza, Misiones.

One thing is certain—these young men who refused military service maintained integrity under very difficult circumstances. The prison authorities threatened to shoot some. Others they beat, deprived of food, or put in solitary confinement. Despite the treatment these brothers received, their faith and integrity gave a powerful witness to military personnel and other prisoners alike."

Another example of the brutality and the integrity of our faithful ones with Jehovah's help to endure.

1 Cor 10:13 "No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it."

In “the Furnace”

The ruling party was determined to force the Witnesses to join the army. This led to further vicious persecution.

On February 17, 1977, Artur Wanakambi, a zealous brother in Huíla Province, tried unsuccessfully to explain his neutral position. He and three other brothers were paraded through the streets on their way to prison. Onlookers, including the street sweepers, were invited to beat them. The next day the wives of the three married brothers went to the prison to learn about their husbands’ whereabouts. After waiting for a considerable time, they were whipped unmercifully, leaving them battered and bleeding. That afternoon, the sisters found themselves in the same prison where their husbands were.

Brother Teles recounts what happened to another group of imprisoned brothers ten days later: “Thirty-five of us were put in ‘the furnace.’ It was a room seven meters long [23 feet] and three meters [10 feet] wide and high. In the reinforced concrete ceiling, there were two small air holes, not large enough to put one’s hand through. It was the hottest season, and the cell truly proved to be a furnace. Since they were determined to do away with us, they closed these two holes.

“On the fourth day, we entreated Jehovah to give us the strength to bear the merciless heat. We were reminded of the three faithful young men in Daniel’s day who were thrown into the fiery furnace. The next day, at about three o’clock in the morning, there was a loud bang at the door, and it opened. How relieved we were to have a breath of fresh air! It was the jailer. Still half asleep, he had opened the door and then collapsed. After about ten minutes, the jailer got up and closed the door without saying a word. We gave thanks to Jehovah for a few precious moments of fresh air.

“Several days later, seven more brothers were thrown in with us. There was no longer enough room to sit. We were beaten on several occasions. The heat increased, and fever blisters and the wounds from the beatings were smelling very bad.

“On March 23 we celebrated the Memorial, even though it was only a talk without the emblems. By then, we were 45 in all. Some of us spent 52 days in ‘the furnace’ and survived.”

After their removal from “the furnace,” they were sent to the work camp of Sakassange, 800 miles [1,300 km] away in the eastern province of Moxico."

Another experience....where Jehovah's hand is seen, who stops feeling pain?  Who falls asleep during a beating?

"...Not all were satisfied though. When they arrived back at the São Paulo prison, the warden, a thin Portuguese man, took Brother Mancoca “under his care.” The “care” included passing the whole afternoon under the hot sun with no food. Then at five o’clock, the warden took a whip and began using it on Brother Mancoca, who recalls: “I have never seen a person who uses the whip as he did. He said he would not stop until I fell down dead.” He continued the merciless beating for one hour, but eventually Brother Mancoca ceased feeling any pain. Then a sudden urge to sleep came over him right in the midst of the beating. The exhausted warden was convinced that Mancoca was dying, so a soldier dragged his body away and put it under a box. When the militia came at night to make sure he was dead, the soldier showed them the box Mancoca was under and told them that he was already dead. Amazingly, he recovered, and the same soldier was shocked to see him alive in the dining hall three months later. He then told Brother Mancoca the details of what had happened on that night. The sudden urge to sleep had saved the brother from certain death..."

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)