Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah's Organization

Once again, I would like to thank EddieG for a well-thought out reply to my statements.  This is the type of conversation that I believe should occur here.  Although there were a couple times that he put words in my mouth (i.e. "it seems like Richard thinks..."; "if Richard thinks...") and then proceeded to argue against his own assumption, he was respectful and made his point without character attacks.

My issue is NOT with Jehovah's Witnesses themselves. It is with the leaders that refer to themselves, and their sheep, as Jehovah's organization and the absurd statement that THEY are in the one true religion.  It is with the mantra that a person who is not involved with Jehovah's Witnesses must ESSENTIALLY become a part of THEIR specific organization in order to be saved from Armageddon.  EddieG uses the words "Jehovah's organization" and "Jehovah's Witness" in a generic sense to make it appear that people can be included without being under the auspices of the Watchtower organization.  But they simply don't believe that.  That is why when someone is thinking about getting out from under the rule of the Watchtower, they are scolded and told that they are "leaving Jehovah".  Seriously, think about that because it is disturbing.   

In no way do I believe that the organization overseen by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is Jehovah's Organization.  Below, I will explain why.

EddieG is right to condemn the "thousands of many different beliefs and teachings".  Of course, he is referring to Christendom, but he is very much missing the obvious.  Jehovah's Witnesses are simply another one of those thousands of many different beliefs and teachings.  They are just another branch on the tree.  In fact the current structure and beliefs of JW's is hardly recognizable to the original offshoot that spawned off the Adventist movement.  In fact, with each change of leadership came new doctrines, many of which were not accepted by all, and created splinter groups of JW's throughout the world.  They still hold on to the core teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, but they are not recognized by the Watchtower, and therefore will die at Armageddon.  Of course this is in direct contrast to one of the reasons that they claim to be in the one, true religion.   "The Watchtower, November 1 (2009) p.19 article "Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a Protestant Religion?"  "...unlike the Protestant movement, which has splintered into hundreds of denominations, Jehovah’s Witnesses have maintained a united global brotherhood."    This is not true.  There are many splinter organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is not these splinter groups that apostasized.  Their teaching remained the same, and the leaders of the Watchtower changed their own beliefs.  THE WATCHTOWER is the one guilty of apostasy.  Does it seem right that "new light" must be compulsory believed even when it is wrong?  In 1954, Hayden Covington went under oath to state that false prophecies were promulgated, that they had to believe them due to unity under all costs, even a "unity based on an enforced acceptance of false prophecy", and that if a person expressed his view that it was wrong, they would be disfellowshipped and worthy of death.  Fred Franz, of course, supported this.  Do I think that this is Jehovah's Organization?  No.

The amount of double-talk that is done by the leaders of "Jehovah's Organization" is unbelievable.  It is an organization of convenience.  They will do whatever is convenient to their cause regardless of what they say.  Actions do speak louder than words.

What they say: "In joining the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization...   to become a member of such a so-called Christian association would amount to apostasy." Watchtower 1979 Jan 1 pp.30-31 Questions from Readers"

What they do: They join the United Nations as an NGO from 1991-2001 until they were called out by a British Newspaper.  Of course, in order to become an NGO, a requirement is that they "support the charter of the United Nations."  They then try to cover themselves in a series of lies as to why they did it in the first place.  Read the actual documents to verify.

What they say: "It is because Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse to buy the Malawi Congress Party card. This card declares the holder to be a member of the ruling political party of Malawi. But for Jehovah’s Witnesses to buy a political card and thus join a political party would be an open denial of what they believe and stand for." Awake! 1976 Aug 8 p.5    Of course this is in reference to the thousands of JW's who the Watchtower allowed to be raped, tortured and killed for not buying a political card in support of their neutrality stance.

What they do: When Mexican JW's are in a similar situation (in the same decade), they are told that it would be a conscience matter to bribe Mexican officials to receive a government Cartilla card.  They even clarified (one year after the Malawi incident), that it was still acceptable for brothers to hold a Cartilla card even though it recognized them to be in the first reserve of the military.

What they say: "False religion’s involvement in the affairs of the political nations will lead ultimately to her own devastation." Watchtower 1985 Mar 1 p.13  

What they do: In 1933, Judge Rutherford sends a Letter and a Declaration to Hitler in order to lift the burden placed on JW's there.  He says, "The Brooklyn headquarter of the Watchtower Society is pro German in an exemplary way and has been so for many years."  "The greatest and the most oppressive empire on earth is the Anglo-American empire."  and "Instead of being against the principles advocated by the government of Germany, we stand squarely for such principles"   Of course, once he realizes that Hitler won't budge, he writes back, "God will destroy you and your national party.”

What they say: "Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'" Awake! 1993 Mar 22 p.4  

What they do: Just see the quotes below.  The Watchtower claims that everything it says is from Jehovah.

"Today, Jehovah provides instruction by means of "the faithful steward." Pay Attention to Yourself and to All The Flock p.13

"commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…"   The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62

"… commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name…"   Watchtower 1972 Mar 15 p.189

"The Watchtower is a magazine without equal in the earth …. This is not giving any credit to the magazine's publishers, but is due to the great Author of the Bible    with it truths and prophecies, and who now interprets its prophecies."   Watchtower 1943 Apr 15 p.127

"No man can properly interpret prophecy, and the Lord sends his angels to transmit correct information to his people."   Watchtower 1936 Feb 15 p.52

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower.   God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

" Jehovah God has made known to his anointed ones in advance what these Scriptures mean."   Watchtower 1931 Jun 1 p.160

"… the truths I present, as God's mouthpiece…" Zion's Watch Tower 1906 Jul 15 p.230

Edited to remove personal statements regarding Russell, Rutherford, and the WTBTS.  My apologies as these statements were unfair and should have said "alleged".  I chose to delete them.  

And you honestly feel that God APPROVED you guys?

So when I read things like...

"Consider, too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God's holy spirit or active force." Watchtower 1973 Jul 1 p.402; and

"It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God,   because it is His provision." Watchtower 1957 Jun 15 p.370

and compare to the things that I listed above, I must wonder HOW anyone could not possibly see that they are being led astray.  JW's would condemn any member of Christendom for any of the above statements and actions, and yet they cannot see that they are no different.  Jehovah's organization is NOT limited to those people who refer to themselves as one of "Jehovah's Witnesses".  Jehovah's organization consists of ALL who are saved by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

No, EddieG, I do not believe that what you are a part of is Jehovah's organization.  I believe that what you are a part of is a cult led by people who make decisions out of convenience and cherry-pick scriptures to suit their desires.

Yes, I use your own literature to shine a light on what really goes on.  The Watchtower you read today will most likely be used against your own organization twenty years from now.  You are required to believe it until they print something else to change it.  Then you will alter your belief system to fit whatever comes up.  The convictions you have can be adjusted by 7 people, or in reality, a majority vote of 4.  

The sad thing is that all you need is to have a relationship with God's Son, Jesus, and the scales will fall from your eyes.  I urge you and all the readers here to see the truth behind the organization to which you were baptized in allegiance.  

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.