Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus an angel?

Hi Sister T

I wrote to you two or three days ago and in your reply you gave me a link to your website. This is a very nice easy to follow website in my opinion but one thing I read was that Jesus is an angel. I have never heard this before but here is what is interesting I looked in my bible and found this verse in Galatians 4:14 this is what it says.

"and though my condition was a trial to you, you did not scorn or despise me, but received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus"

I am astonished at this. Can you tell me more about this verse and more about Jesus being an angel? I would love to see more verses that say it.

Thank You

Hi Gary thanks for writing,

I'm glad you visited and enjoyed our website, there's a wealth of information along with Bible scriptures to back up everything.  It can also be read in different languages as well.

In that scripture at Gal. 4:14, we can see Paul has written to the congregation of Galatia, as in the first chapter it seems they were being turned away from what they had previously believed and had been taught. (Gal 1:6,7) so this lead up to him mentioning how they had accepted him just as if he was an angel, like Christ.  They accepted Paul's teachings about the Christ just as if it was Christ himself speaking, and Paul knew that Christ is an angel.  Paul is trying to encourage that congregation to get back on track and not listen to the distortion that had crept in.

Yes, Jesus is an angel and the only begotten son of God, (John 3:16) he was created (Col 1:15; Rev 3:14) as the other angels were, but Jesus is the chief agent, (Acts 3:15) and because he died for us, Jehovah exalted him to a superior position that put him above the other angels. (Acts 5:31; Phil 2:9) Because of what Jesus did, God granted him immortality  (Roman 6:9) none of the other angels have that and neither did Jesus before he came to earth and died for us, otherwise he could not have died because immortality is just that, you can't die ever.  

The Bible refers to the sons of God as morning stars as well.  

Job 38:7 "When the morning stars joyfully cried out together,
And all the sons of God began shouting in applause?"

And Jesus calls himself the bright morning star.

Rev. 22:16 "“‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’”

The Bible clearly shows that it was an angel that went ahead of the camp Israel.

Exodus 14:19-21 "Then the angel of the true God who was going ahead of the camp of Israel departed and went to their rear, and the pillar of cloud that was in front of them moved to the rear and stood behind them. 20 So it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. On the one side, it was a dark cloud. On the other side, it was lighting up the night. So the one camp did not come near the other camp all night long.  21 Moses now stretched out his hand over the sea; and Jehovah drove the sea back with a strong east wind all night long, turning the sea basin into dry ground, and the waters divided."

And Paul tells us that it was Christ who was that angel.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 "Now I want you to know, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea 2 and all got baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea, 3 and all ate the same spiritual food 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock that followed them, and that rock meant the Christ."

Hope that helps.

Take Care,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)