Jehovah`s Witness/When were JW's approved?

An important aspect of being in the "one true religion" is to be approved by God.  The Watchtower has been very clear that they are Jehovah's Organization and that it was inspected and approved by Jesus upon his commencement as ruler in heaven.  What are the details surrounding this inspection?

The short answer to the question can be taken from last year's July Watchtower which says, "To settle that question, Jesus began to inspect the spiritual temple in 1914. That inspection and cleansing work involved a period of time—from 1914 to the early part of 1919. ... Footnote to Paragraph 6: This is an adjustment in understanding. Previously, we thought that Jesus’ inspection took place in 1918." (Watchtower 2013 Jul 15 p.11)"

There is a lot more to this however, and I really do wonder how they came to this conclusion logically and scripturally.

First, there is 1914.  I think we all know that October 1914 is a big deal to them.  Then there was (before last year's issue came out) the professed date of June 1918, which corresponds to the jailing of the Watchtower Board of Directors.  9 months later, they were released, thus 1919.

In this month's Watchtower Study Edition in the Questions from Readers section on p.30, there is a diagram that shows these two periods of time with a relatively vague beginning (1914) and end (1919), however it clearly equates the Revelation 11 story of the two witnesses with the jailing and subsequent release of the people mentioned above.

Here are the issues that I have with this whole thing.

First, the timeline of 1260 days (or 3 1/2 years) is taken literally from verses 1-2.  However, just a few verses later in 11-12,  3 1/2 days is taken figuratively.

Second, 3 1/2 years before June 1918, when the jailing occurred, is December 1914.  There is no scriptural explanation for this two-month deviation from October to December.

Third, mathematically, how does 3 1/2 days equal 9 months?

Fourth, what was the purpose of dropping the date of 1918 from their understanding last year if they are going to vaguely refer to it in their diagram for this month's Study Edition?  

Finally, why hold onto the 1919 thing at all when there is no scriptural basis for it?  Malachi 3:1-3 doesn't give a timeline.

Personally, I think that the arrogance of the leadership at the time tried to equate their "persecution" and "freedom" with bible prophecy with the belief that they were the two witnesses spoken of in Revelation 11.  Here is what the Study Edition says...

"What is the common denominator that links these references? In each case, the account refers to God’s anointed ones who took the lead during a difficult time of testing. So in the fulfillment of Revelation chapter 11, the anointed brothers who took the lead at the time of the establishment of God’s Kingdom in heaven in 1914 preached “in sackcloth” for three and a half years.

At the end of their preaching in sackcloth, these anointed ones were symbolically killed when they were thrown into prison for a comparatively shorter period of time, a symbolic three and a half days. In the eyes of the enemies of God’s people, their work had been killed, causing those opponents much joy.—Rev. 11:8-10.

However, true to the words of the prophecy, at the end of the three and a half days, the two witnesses were brought back to life. Not only were these anointed ones released from prison but those who remained faithful received a special appointment from God through their Lord, Jesus Christ. In 1919 they were among those who were appointed to serve as a “faithful and discreet slave” to care for the spiritual needs of God’s people during the last days.—Matt. 24:45-47; Rev. 11:11, 12."  

Yeah, I read it, and I get what they are saying, but there are too many holes in this story for me to argue in favor of it.  It is a FAR stretch to equate the two witnesses of Revelation 11 to some modern dudes thrown in jail and released with the thought that some great impact was made or that they are somehow the chosen ones.  

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.