Jehovah`s Witness/Mat. 27:51-53

NWT Mat 27:51-53

51 And look! the curtain of the sanctuary+ was torn in two,+ from top to bottom,+ and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split. 52 And the tombs* were opened, and many bodies of the holy ones who had fallen asleep were raised up 53 (and people coming out from among the tombs after his being raised up entered into the holy city), and they became visible to many people.  
Was there resurrection happened here or just corpse came out from tombs during earth quake? Appreciate your thoughts on this! Thanks, Laurence

Apparently corpses were ejected from their tombs by the violence of the earthquake following Christ's death. Last year that question came up in the Mailbag on The Watchman's Post. Mailbag

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert King

I can answer general Bible questions or questions regarding the teachings of the Watchtower Society, and questions and issues among Jehovah's Witnesses. Special interest is in Bible prophecy and the return of Christ.

Have been a pioneer minister of Jehovah's Witnesses during the 80's and an appointed elder for about 10 years. Also, I was an approved "expert" on All Experts some years ago, but could not keep up with the questions. I was disfellowshipped for exposing the Watchtower's 10-year partnership with the United Nations and for publishing the book Jehovah Himself Has Become King.

The Jerusalem above

Self published a 500+ page book called Jehovah Himself Has Become King, which is an in-depth exploration of Bible prophecy.

Always a pupil, always a teacher