Jehovah`s Witness/The United Nations in watchtower prophecy

Question
Hello once again Derrick.

I've been reading this board a lot lately and have to say how much I enjoy reading your and Richards replies. Not only are they well thought out and articulate, but you back up your opinions with facts and scriptures.

I would also like to add that the reason I was drawn to this site was to learn more about Jehovah's witnesses  not about their beliefs solely. If I wanted to just learn about what they believe, I could just read their publications. Often times my questions to my jw co-workers go un answered. I also think it is important to get both sides of an argument . After all, isnt this site about jws in general and not only pertaining to their religion?

So my question is, what is the prophecy  regarding the United Nations from the watchtowers perspective?  My co-worker talked about it briefly implying they were an evil organization. Since then I learned that the watchtower joined the UN for about ten years.  I tried pointing out the hypocrisy  to him and he evaded the question. If your opposed to an organization and what they stand for, why would you want to associate yourselves with them?

Thanks again to you and Richard for your fine representation of our faith.
Kevin.

Answer
Good morning, Kevin.  How is it going with you?  I pray you and your family are doing well.

Thank you for writing and letting me know that you enjoy our replies.  That is the main thing....That replies are backed up with Scripture, and facts.  We have just seen several examples as of late, what happens when facts are given and documented...The JWs go all to pieces.  When Richard posted what he did in the article "Jehovah's Organization", there was nothing even close to a rebuttal, from these people.  Instead, they just claim Its all lies" .  Yeah, sure it is.  Actually, what that article contained, are FACTS that people like Rando, Eddie, Ms. T, etc, would NEVER tell their readers.  But they are facts, nonetheless.

And it was the same thing with the 1874 "fiasco", as Rando calls it.  Rando showed extreme dishonesty and ignorance, when he came on here and denied that they ever taught this.  You see, they want readers to believe that they have insight, that Jesus "returned" in 1914, so it is quite unsettling when readers are also told they said the same thing about 1874.  But Rando made a dumb move in denying it, because it is one of the most easily-proven former teachings of theirs, to document.  So you notice what has happened....Rando, after being exposed, is now desperately trying to change the subject, and is now scraping the bottom of the barrel, with accusations of racism, sexual perversion, ties to the occult, etc.  

In fact, just this morning, he actually used a FAKE Baptist "hate" site (Landover "Baptist") which has been exposed as a parody to MOCK the Baptist faith, as "proof" of how bad we are. Can you believe that one?  In fact, a separate article will be written about that one.  Even Rando's own closest allies here, should be embarrassed at that one.

Kevin, you wrote...."I would also like to add that the reason I was drawn to this site was to learn more about Jehovah's witnesses not about their beliefs solely. If I wanted to just learn about what they believe, I could just read their publications. Often times my questions to my jw co-workers go un answered. I also think it is important to get both sides of an argument. After all, isnt this site about jws in general and not only pertaining to their religion?"

You are correct.  Its almost to the point of amusing, to see them continue to make that same ridiculous statement "This is a JW forum for questions TO JWs" , as if saying it enough times, makes it so.  In fact, this has been refuted several times, even by my posting 2 weeks ago, the guidelines that Allexperts themselves, have set forth.  For some odd reason, these select few Witnesses seem to think that, once they signed up, they became authorities over this forum.  

But as you pointed out, not everyone comes here for an answer from a JW, from their biased perspective.  If they did, nobody would learn that they really did claim that Jesus had "come" in 1874.  Nobody would know about how their policies caused the torture, rape, and deaths, of their loyal followers in Malawi, while at the same time, JWs in Mexico were allowed to pay bribes in order to secure a card which identified them as members of the military.  This is why there should be a balance here.  JWs don't want that, and we have seen how they will pout, scream, and cry, for not getting their way.  

Regardless, the readers deserve facts, and they deserve truth.

This is a public informational site ABOUT the beliefs of JWs, and some have come here to learn about JWs themselves.  I am sure that part of it, has been quite enlightening, huh?

As for the UN, and how JWs view them prophetically, they believe the UN is identified in this Scripture....

Rev. 17:3-  "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

They believe the UN will ultimately turn against and destroy all other religions, and eventually against them, but that is when Jehovah will intervene.

But you are correct....They DID have an affiliation with the UN themselves, and when this was brought to the forefront, many JWs saw it for what it was, and left.  Now of course, JWs today will scream "Its a lie!!!" , but again, it is well documented.  In fact, there is a book that chronicles their involvement with well-documented facts.

http://www.amazon.com/Jehovahs-Witnesses-United-Nations-Watchtower/dp/1466387602

I myself wrote the WT Society about this involvement when it first began to surface, and was sent a reply from them.  I may even still have it somewhere.  But in effect, the excuse given, was that they did not subscribe to what the UN stood for, were not "voting" members, and that they did so in order to be able to use the UN library.  

I don't see why they would want to partner with a "scarlet colored beast", all to use its library.  But whatever...

This is from the Wikipedia article, about this topic.  Wikipedia is not always accurate on everything, but this paragraph seems very consistent with what I have studied from other sources, and reflects accurately what took place.

The Watchtower Society became an Associate member of the United Nations Department of Public Information (UN/DPI) in February 1992 and maintained this membership until October 2001. According to the United Nations Department of Public Information, the primary purpose of NGO association is, "the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies." The association status was ceased the day after it was made known in the Guardian newspaper. In a letter dated March 4, 2004, the UN website explained the association it had with the Watchtower Society: "By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities."

I hope this helps.  Thanks so much for writing, Brother, and take care.

Derrick  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland