Jehovah`s Witness/Are you a Christian?

I want to know if the Witnesses are Christian?

Hi Barney; thanks for asking.

Yes. We are Christians for the following reasons:

We try to follow closely the teachings and behavior of Jesus Christ. — 1 Peter 2:21 .

We believe that Jesus is the key to salvation, that “there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” — Acts 4:12 .

When people become Jehovah’s Witnesses, they are baptized in the name of Jesus. — Matthew 28:18, 19 .

We offer our prayers in Jesus’ name. — John 15:16 .

We believe that Jesus is the Head, or the one appointed to have authority, over every man. — 1 Corinthians 11:3 .

For more information visit the link below, from which my response was taken:

Jehovah`s Witness

I will try to answer any question that can be answered from the Bible. I cannot answer questions about personal experiences someone may have had,as I was not there. Sometimes these are true; sometimes they are not. It is not my place to speak of that of which I have no knowledge.

I have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses since mid-1979. I actually studied for several years before that, and was rather critical. However, while that is not the wisest course, it did give me insight into the thinking of opposers of true worship.

The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Newspapers published by Gulf Coast Media.

In addition to basic education, and some work-related college level courses, I have been on the Theocratic Ministry School since 1978. I have also attended a number of sessions of the Kingdom Ministry School.

My greatest honor is to be a servant of the Most High God, Jehovah, and a preacher of the Good News of his Kingdom under Christ Jesus.