Jehovah`s Witness/Joseph Joseph Joseph

Dear Joseph,

I must agree with you that the peace on the board is welcome at this point in time.  It is refreshing to come to the board each day and not have to wade through tiresome arguments.  You did something, however, in one of your questions that I simply cannot agree with and feel that I must speak up.

I believe that Brenton Hepburn is one of the finest examples of a true Jehovah's Witness on this board.  His responses are consistently the most thorough, balanced, and polite that you will see here, bar none.  While you have every right to score him how you like, I feel that your evaluation demonstrates far less about Brenton's ability to answer questions and shows far more about what you think a "full-fledged JW" is.

There is absolutely nothing about Brenton's answer to you that showed a lack of knowledge, clarity, or politeness, and you gave him a 2, 2, and 3, respectively?!?  Are you serious?  

You didn't even ask him a question!!!  He could have clicked one of the stock rejection buttons that stated that, but he chose to answer you.  And his answer was knowledgeable, clear, and polite.  You just didn't agree with it, and so you simply decided to tank his score and label him as not a "full-fledged JW".  

As experts here, we open our doors to answer your questions.  By doing so, we also open ourselves up to the scrutiny some share through their anonymity behind a computer screen.  I believe that a reasonable expectation is for our questioners to be open-minded and honest enough to give accurate feedback.  To me, it is unreasonable to score Brenton as you did, but I am most offended at your judging his dedication to Jehovah.

While Brenton and I will disagree on some doctrinal issues, I will never question his dedication and loyalty to Almighty God.  He is one of the smartest and well-read experts on this site, and I for one sincerely appreciate his sincerity in understanding both sides.  Again, you have the freedom to score him however you want and to type in whatever remarks you wish.  I just pray that you would reconsider your hurtful and disrespectful comments to and about a fellow JW.  I am not a JW, and even I am deeply offended by them.

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.