Jehovah`s Witness/JW stories

Question
QUESTION: Hi Sister T,

I genuinely enjoy reading the stories that you post from the yearbooks.  It is inspirational to hear how God blesses certain people.  My question for you is do you truly believe that these types of blessings only occur within the JW community, or do believe these same blessings also occur outside the JW community?

Thanks,
Adam

ANSWER: Hello Adam and thank you for writing,

I know you do not agree with our beliefs, but I will try to answer your question as best as I can without offending you.  

When it comes to ones who truly want to learn the truth about Jehovah God from their hearts and they are praying for help and a JW comes to visit them etc. this is not by chance, it has happened just too many times for it to be by chance.  We are the only ones who go door to door teaching and preaching about God's Kingdom, as Jesus did, it's no coincidence that they are being given a chance to learn the truth about Jehovah God, his son Jesus and the hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth held out for mankind.  Jesus is directing the preaching work along with his angels.

Matthew 28:20 "....And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Rev. 14:6 "And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people."

Matthew 24:14 "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

I am aware that there are other groups who also have gone door to door, but we are the ONLY ones who are preaching about God's Kingdom from house to house on a consistent basis organized in unity the world over as 1 Cor 1:10 clearly says "Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought."  

The Prophecy at Matthew 24:14 that Jesus spoke is in process right now!  All the prophecies in the Bible have and will come true.

Do similar types of things occur outside JW preaching you ask.  My answer is in regards to ones praying for truth and they coming in contact with JW's after praying.   If you mean something different, let me know please.  But to continue, there are many wonders that take place outside JW's experiences, the Bible said that it would, it's a prophecy that Jesus also spoke of.  

But a major question is, is it from Jehovah?   

Only Jehovah's Witnesses are worshipping Jehovah, because it's a fact that all other religions do not worship the God we worship (speaking of "Christian" religions here), that is a proven fact by our differences in teachings and beliefs, our beliefs are the complete opposite of what the mainstream Churches teach.  We don't even claim to go to Church, but to the Kingdom Hall.  We have no parts of today's Churches.

For instance, I'll point out some major differences:

they worship Jesus as being God Almighty,

they worship a Triune god, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost (Spirit).

they worship a god that teaches people that he tortures them forever in a burning hellfire,

they worship a god who teaches them that everyone has an immortal soul and never really dies,

they worship a god who teaches that Jesus never really died for our sins because he never really ceased to exist.  

they worship a god that really has no name, a mystery god full of confusion and illogical.  

they worship a god who blesses them to go kill their fellowman in a different country.  

they worship a god without having unity and love among themselves the world over, not just in a community, city, or state, or even a country, I'm talking world wide!

We see so many people who have a major problem with even using the name Jehovah let alone worshipping him or praying to him.   Acknowledging that Jehovah is God's name doesn't mean a person worships him and only him.   Their teachings prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they do not worship Jehovah only, the God JW's only worship.  The god they are worshipping isn't Jehovah, but another god, one who hates Jehovah, one who wants to be like Jehovah.

Since the Bible says that the whole world is lying in the power of Satan, the wicked one, then it stands to reason that the majority will not be true servants of Jehovah.  The true servants are the minority, this is also shown in the Bible as well.  Only 8 people survived the flood out of all the people who lived during the time of Noah.  Only 8!  That speaks volumes.  Majority doesn't always equal right.  

2 Cor. 4:3,4 "If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through."

1 John 5:19 "We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

1 Cor. 14:33,40  "For God is a God not of disorder but of peace.  As in all the congregations of the holy ones, 40 But let all things take place decently and by arrangement."

John 13:34,35 "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

1 John 4:20,21 "If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21 And we have this commandment from him, that whoever loves God must also love his brother."

Matthew 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones."

Matthew 7:21-23 "“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’"

2 Cor. 11:12-15 "But what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to eliminate the pretext of those who are wanting a basis for being found equal to us in the things about which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."

2 Thes 2:9-12 "But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

JW's  help spread the kingdom message as God's fellow workers, we are nothing, because it's Jehovah that makes the truth grow in an interested person's heart, and it's Jehovah who draws people to his son, Jesus.   So without Jehovah being involved it's impossible to even come to Jesus in the first place.  Yet people shut Jehovah out completely or disrespect him and the sanctity of his name, going so far as to remove his name from their Bible translations.  They worship the creation rather than the creator.  Many people today do not even realize that!

1 Cor 3:5-9 "What, then, is A·pol′los? Yes, what is Paul? Ministers through whom you became believers, just as the Lord granted each one. 6 I planted, A·pol′los watered, but God kept making it grow, 7 so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God who makes it grow. 8 Now the one who plants and the one who waters are one, but each person will receive his own reward according to his own work. 9 For we are God’s fellow workers. You are God’s field under cultivation, God’s building."

John 6:44 "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,..."

Romans 1:25 "They exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen."

I didn't intend for this to be this long, but sometimes questions can't be answered with just a yes or no answer.  Also I'm glad that you enjoy the experiences Adam.  

Take Care,

Sister T

jw.org

QUESTION: No offense taken.  While we may disagree on some things, I am pretty sure we can see eye to eye on God's blessings.  Your stories of answered prayer are inspirational, and I am truly glad that they occurred.  I wasn't referring to any particular story, just the idea of God answering prayers.  I can tell you that God has blessed me and my family beyond belief and continues to bring us closer to Him.  He has done it with me and through me for others.  I have seen God's hand in so many blessings with many people regardless of their religious affiliation.  I trust that you could believe that God does this for those outside the JW community as well, or are you saying that all of these are simply falsehoods promulgated by Satan?  Thanks for your response.

Respectfully,
Adam

Answer
Hello Adam,

In thinking of all I said and your reply just now, I won't say that Jehovah doesn't do things for ones outside of his organization, because I can't presume to know what is behind any of the blessings that God gives.  

But I do know that Jehovah is backing JW's without a doubt in my mind, and I do know that he is a God exactly exclusive devotion to him and him alone and his way is love.  And our worship needs to be in truth, not our own truth, but his truth in order to be acceptable to him.

But there are also ones in the Bible who were not servants of Jehovah who benefited or were used or blessed by him.  And that's left up to his discretion.

One that comes to mind is Cyrus, who Isaiah prophesied about some 200 years in advance, even naming him.  And this ruler was not a servant of Jehovah. (Isa 44:26–45:7)

Thanks for your respectfulness, it's appreciated.

Take Care,

Sister T

jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T